The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stam Sorc and new Khajiit passive : Critical surge practical case

Aznox
Aznox
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm still trying to get a good grasp on the implication of this change on a global scale.

At first glance, it looks like a move that is very contradicting with the recent philosophy to make racials less of a build defining characteristic and more of a flavor thing, by converting % values to flat values.

On average, the effects should be limited.

However, i wanted to run some math on a more specific case, the very reason i picked Khajiit for my Stamsorc back in ESO's Beta : Critical Surge

I'm giving you this because i'm too lazy to double check it solo and i want to play instead :

937d3aJ.png
Aznox
PC EU
Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
I live in Battlegrounds
Theorycrafting enthusiast
Official Cheese Lord
CP1500+ club
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot the part where purposely building more crit chance rewards you now with much better defensive and offensive results on a Khajoot
    538863390391533578.png?v=1
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah ... except us stamsorcs can't hide a 70+% crit chance glass canon build behind our cloak ;)
    Edited by Aznox on February 12, 2019 12:27AM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you, hopefully we get a dev response as to what their goal was with this change.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this.

Also it buffs the heal on your critical surge.
    Edited by Wuuffyy on February 12, 2019 2:28AM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • WikiMeister
    WikiMeister
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a good visualisation of numbers, but I have a few critiques of the experimental design. This statistical test, while done correctly, is also bit of a cherry-pick in that it was designed upon the assumption that the Khajiit using Critical Surge, hits once, and ONLY once, every 1 second. Do not overlook the fact that you could strike many times at once using DoTs and direct damage within 1 second, and that Critical Surge has a cooldown of 1 second.

This makes basal critical chance much more negligible in the test, as it does not account for the frequency of crits occurring per second. If anything, Khajiit will actually heal even better than it did before post PTS 4.3.3.
    AU | NA-PC Beta veteran since 2014. Dies to 999+ latency.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a good visualisation of numbers, but I have a few critiques of the experimental design. This statistical test, while done correctly, is also bit of a cherry-pick in that it was designed upon the assumption that the Khajiit using Critical Surge, hits once, and ONLY once, every 1 second. Do not overlook the fact that you could strike many times at once using DoTs and direct damage within 1 second, and that Critical Surge has a cooldown of 1 second.

Did you miss the part of the picture that shows results with 2 and 3 hits per second ?

3 hits/sec =
    - hurricane + 4 dots on one target
    - hurricane + 1 dots on two targets

Of course there are situations where you are going to be above that (basically anytime spent weaving freely) but we are talking about average and healing here, that you need the most when you are in difficulty : under a CC, after getting hit with a burst combo, while running away, etc..
    If anything, Khajiit will actually heal even better than it did before post PTS 4.3.3.

My numbers here say the opposite, where are yours ? :)

Edited by Aznox on February 12, 2019 2:56PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty much detrimental to non CP stam sorc healing. Without crit % khajit is just the worst class for non CP gameplay now.
    Jo'Khaljor