Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Harden ward got buffed last patch and now enables broken builds.

• darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a build that plays like these sorcs and let me tell you I had to pay the piper somewhere... but all those places work best when you chase me while I'm kiting. Basically no snare removal and no stam regen. Just rely on the Streak (and Break Free CP). Sword and Board with Impen for shield, defending one hand is probably better than the sharpened I'm using rn. Mighty Chudan and Pirate skeleton cause I was testing the build out and didn't want to spend the transmutes for protective, honestly they'd be much more efficient. With Necro and Bright-throat, though maybe double damage set would be better... Regardless the build you encountered is likely designed to maximally punish single people who aren't also full cheese who try to fight it, while still being only one person and being ignored by experienced groups. That said I chase em and often die knowing this is the kind of build I'm up against.
    Honestly, the magsorc version is less dangerous than the tower hugging DB into Spin to Win version of the same thing... just more annoying to fight.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I duel with my magsorc main naked in town with no weapons. I win about 25% of the time. You may have seen me making scenes in vivec or alinor. It's a favorite pastime of mine when drinking.

I start a fight with a guard and stay alive as long as possible. Wait for someone to res me, then i invite them to duel.

Nerf sorc...
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Wow a nerf sorc thread, goodness me, scraping the barrel now.

2018 bar a small spell with runecage sorc took nerf after nerf. That's enough now.

We warned everyone about wards critting. I sure as heck did, before i had no impen, wards down a pop dead. People wanted to make them bland and crit so they did. Now i run impen, now I'm more stable and harder to kill with wards down but i lose damage or sustain.

The crys of nerfsorc have made things very bland for sorc and yet... Still they come crickey.

I've not read the whole thread, mainly as at this point I'm taking nerfsorc thread to be a joke. Ut Whats your suggest OP? Revert wards? So we can move away from impen again and back how we were? Bring it on.

Hey since you just joined ill recap for you. Wards are not the issue themselves, the problem is that they now allow for very broken builds since they take on all your resistances and since you can make builds that are almost capping crit phys and spell resist while maintaining high dmg. There are different ways this can be done. For example some will equip sets like armor master or fortified brass, others will get protective traits on jewelry and run bloodspawn, some will run a mix. Where this becomes a very serious problem is if a skill player equips stam sets like warriors fury and pairs that with pelinals(hp, mag rec, stam rec, spell and weap dmg become the same). By doing so s/he can cap resistances and still have 4-7k spell damage depending on how much they build into sustain for making up not running 5 light.
    Either way some of these builds are so well theory crafted that they become absolutely unkillable (in a 1v1 scenario) while they maintain very high damage (9k plus frags on a dk with 30k spel phys resist and 3k crit resist).

So the point Im making is we should consider reworking shield (not just sorcs but sorcs especially) make them as they were but rather increase cost on recast same as streak or dogroll works just not as extreme.
    Any other approaches would call for a hard nerf to many sets people love that are not broken on stam but become broken on mag. So that woukd really work without hitting all stam classes hard.

I think the point here everyone is trying to make is that there are no players doing this because it is stupid to do. Mag Sorcs get equal buffs to both Spell and Weapon Damage. Running a set like Fury with Pelinals is absolutely pointless. You can get the same resists and damage running a mag set and Armor Master.

I think what is actually happening is you are seeing theory crafted hybid builds and thinking they are these OP PVP monsters. But they really aren't. They lack max resources, sustain and penetration for one or both of your stats. I am sorry, but a mag sorc build with under 30K mag is useless. You will run out of resources within 5 seconds during a fight. And with zero recovery, you aren't getting those resources back.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you still haven't actually pointed us to any of these builds. All you need to do apparently is link a Youtube video.

• Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Wow a nerf sorc thread, goodness me, scraping the barrel now.

2018 bar a small spell with runecage sorc took nerf after nerf. That's enough now.

We warned everyone about wards critting. I sure as heck did, before i had no impen, wards down a pop dead. People wanted to make them bland and crit so they did. Now i run impen, now I'm more stable and harder to kill with wards down but i lose damage or sustain.

The crys of nerfsorc have made things very bland for sorc and yet... Still they come crickey.

I've not read the whole thread, mainly as at this point I'm taking nerfsorc thread to be a joke. Ut Whats your suggest OP? Revert wards? So we can move away from impen again and back how we were? Bring it on.

Hey since you just joined ill recap for you. Wards are not the issue themselves, the problem is that they now allow for very broken builds since they take on all your resistances and since you can make builds that are almost capping crit phys and spell resist while maintaining high dmg. There are different ways this can be done. For example some will equip sets like armor master or fortified brass, others will get protective traits on jewelry and run bloodspawn, some will run a mix. Where this becomes a very serious problem is if a skill player equips stam sets like warriors fury and pairs that with pelinals(hp, mag rec, stam rec, spell and weap dmg become the same). By doing so s/he can cap resistances and still have 4-7k spell damage depending on how much they build into sustain for making up not running 5 light.
    Either way some of these builds are so well theory crafted that they become absolutely unkillable (in a 1v1 scenario) while they maintain very high damage (9k plus frags on a dk with 30k spel phys resist and 3k crit resist).

So the point Im making is we should consider reworking shield (not just sorcs but sorcs especially) make them as they were but rather increase cost on recast same as streak or dogroll works just not as extreme.
    Any other approaches would call for a hard nerf to many sets people love that are not broken on stam but become broken on mag. So that woukd really work without hitting all stam classes hard.

I think the point here everyone is trying to make is that there are no players doing this because it is stupid to do. Mag Sorcs get equal buffs to both Spell and Weapon Damage. Running a set like Fury with Pelinals is absolutely pointless. You can get the same resists and damage running a mag set and Armor Master.

I think what is actually happening is you are seeing theory crafted hybid builds and thinking they are these OP PVP monsters. But they really aren't. They lack max resources, sustain and penetration for one or both of your stats. I am sorry, but a mag sorc build with under 30K mag is useless. You will run out of resources within 5 seconds during a fight. And with zero recovery, you aren't getting those resources back.

By giving up ligh armor you only lose 4k pen. No, I am not talking anout hybrid builds. Some use hybrid sets like pelinals but still spec all they skills and stats into mag exept for spell damage. Yes sustain does get a bit tougher but not to a pount where you cants sustain long enough. If you are a somewhat decent player running this set up works just fine. Looking as fury pelinals especially you are able to reach higher spell dmg then you could ever wish for compared to a balanced mag build unless you go full glass cannon at which point ud be dead all the time. Running this however you get very high resists plus damage allowing you a brawler build as mag sorc.
    Honestly im tired arguing about this if I can effectively 1vx good players and win most duells I shoukd at least hurt them and stay alive for a ehile dont you think?
    I probably brought this up too early as these kind of build are barly emerging. You see this quite often on mag dks and templars already and it slowly moving to sorc as well. Just ask them what they are running when you cant hurt them but they waste you like nothing. Wait i guess and you will slowly run into more and more ppl doing this leaving you thinking wtf just happened.
    I would love to illustrate this to yall but I neither have the sets need nor the goldmormap to buy em as im broke maintaining all my toons. Ill record next time ill see this and show ya but youll most likely see it yourself if you pvp or duel.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    And you still haven't actually pointed us to any of these builds. All you need to do apparently is link a Youtube video.
    This is still to new. Back in the days when I wasnt that good yet I was running viper at least a month before any ytber brought this up. It became a problem way later once ppl got frustrated.

There is a video I know about that guy runs it on a mag dk but he aint that good with it yet or needs to tweak it a little

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VepMrCCBkrE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dMMZRppc0NA&t=923s

he mentiones this issue too briefly
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m1n5ORl0CCM
    Edited by Dr.NRG on February 11, 2019 9:57PM
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m sure most sorcs would happily revert those shield changes and have them back the way before last patch.
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    Any-***-thing else you'd like to add to the magsorc nerf list while we're at it? Bring it! You keep nerfing sorcs, and we keep getting better. LMFAO. No one gets better from having it easy, son <---- @Dr.NRG

Actually you are wrong. Every time zos is trying to nerf sorcs they cry out and btch so much that they end up getting buffed in the end. The only real nerf sorcs got was the removal of the stun from frags and the long need dix to rune prison.

Shields were made critable, so sorcs invest in Impen instead of stats and damage like before - like everyone else.

Shields we're capped, so you no longer run into high shield sorcs, and sorcs have to invest in health and armor to stay alive - like everyone else.

Sorc shields have armor, but are now vulnerable to armor pen, major breach, and major fracture, where they ignored that before. Now they're like every other class.

Crystal frags was 'buffed' but the travel time was nerfed so badly it's really your own fault if you don't block or dodge it.

Overall sorcs are more balanced with other classes, having to take more care on their builds and use actual skill. You have no facts to back up your claims, you got outplayed is all.

My Shield isnt smaller :D . If u are below 12k shield u are building wrong. At the moment im sitting at a comfortable just below 14k hardened ward - that requires me to press that button once to get an instant 14k hp. Meaning im starting with 42k effective hp into a fight with 2.6 crit resist + 15k stam +1k stam regen.

U prob can imagine that its quite hard to kill that. The sorcs complaining in the forums rly didnt manage to read the patch notes or didnt even consider to adapt to a decent build.

Twillight gives u ontop of that some insane dmg making sorc a rly strong class this patch. Everybody saying something else didnt try the pts imo. Didnt see any of those forum sorcs on the pts so :trollface:

Pelinals - Thats prob one of the worst sets u can run on a magicka sorcerer... . It will result in weak shields making the sorc very squishy.

And that twillight doesnt care too much about dodgeroll :wink: . Only build rly pressuring was aimbotcyndis pet sorc and 7th legion fury bloodspawn korrosive spam stam DK.
    Typical recap of a dodge based stamina class:

unknown.png
    Edited by Murador178 on February 11, 2019 10:28PM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    I’m sure most sorcs would happily revert those shield changes and have them back the way before last patch.

Sign me up
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Aznox wrote: »
    My NB 4k weap dmg with 10k pen 56% crit chance and 80% crit dmg could not touch this guys health and he had no problem killing me.

So ... you dueled an Impregnable MagSorc with a crit build ?
    Tehn to test I brought a damage dk tank with 30k resistance accross the board and still it took the guy under 10 seconds to kill me.

So ... you died to a MagSorc first or second burst while having near maxed resists .... on a StamDK ? I have bad news for you ...
    You dont get the point. I was dueling the same guy but hes not the only one with this kind of build. Besides the all day top duelers I win 90% of all fights and if I lose I still get them low hp. On top of that I can 1vx up 5 decent gamers. Even if he had impreg on with 4k weap dmg (thats without enchant) and 80% crit dmg 1 to 2 surprise att. should take that shield off easy in a normal scenario.
    For the dk it has 3.9k weap dmg with 1.5k recovery. When you keep being snared and rooted forward momentum wont help you because by the tike you get close the guy will streak and start his crappy rotation over. But anywyas the point im making is that it is possible for mag sorc probably all shield users to be this tanky but still have a ton of dmage and moveability.
    There where other very good duelers on all kind of classes that got wasted by that dude with barly touching his hp.

You dont see this too often yet but you see more and more ppl figuring this build out as you keep running into them. Just wait and see. You probs gotta leave your zerg for abit tho to really experience this...

Besides the fact that its nearly impossible to die to a sorc as a DK tank, dont you think that is a little hypocritical to complain about other people being tanky and doing dmg when you literally admit in the same post that you are playing a freaking tank with hardcapped resistances while having 4k wpn dmg and 1.5 regen?

Again this build was unfinished(missing trates and am on a mag class), not a dueling build and thus I didnt expect to win especially due to his root and snare spamming. I brought it to see how hard he can hit.
    Yes my build is strong in open world op but it can be done with any stam class as im running simple sets full medium, absolutely 0 cheese set up. On top of that since im running no chese this build can be countered if you attack it the right way and got your combos down (at that point it comes down to my skill lvl to stay alive to 1vx). That dudes build had no counter tho he shredded a ton of very good duelers without breaking a sweat.

So you are saying that ur resist hardcapped tank with 4k wpn dmg and 1.5k regen is unfinished and can get a lot better but its ok because every stamina class can do it. So according to you stamina players are allowed to play mega tanks with huge dmg but if a magicka player does it, its cheese, op, broken and cant be countered?

I mean, this cant get any more biased even if you tried.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Murador178 wrote: »
    Any-***-thing else you'd like to add to the magsorc nerf list while we're at it? Bring it! You keep nerfing sorcs, and we keep getting better. LMFAO. No one gets better from having it easy, son <---- @Dr.NRG

Actually you are wrong. Every time zos is trying to nerf sorcs they cry out and btch so much that they end up getting buffed in the end. The only real nerf sorcs got was the removal of the stun from frags and the long need dix to rune prison.

Shields were made critable, so sorcs invest in Impen instead of stats and damage like before - like everyone else.

Shields we're capped, so you no longer run into high shield sorcs, and sorcs have to invest in health and armor to stay alive - like everyone else.

Sorc shields have armor, but are now vulnerable to armor pen, major breach, and major fracture, where they ignored that before. Now they're like every other class.

Crystal frags was 'buffed' but the travel time was nerfed so badly it's really your own fault if you don't block or dodge it.

Overall sorcs are more balanced with other classes, having to take more care on their builds and use actual skill. You have no facts to back up your claims, you got outplayed is all.

My Shield isnt smaller :D . If u are below 12k shield u are building wrong. At the moment im sitting at a comfortable just below 14k hardened ward - that requires me to press that button once to get an instant 14k hp. Meaning im starting with 42k effective hp into a fight with 2.6 crit resist + 15k stam +1k stam regen.

U prob can imagine that its quite hard to kill that. The sorcs complaining in the forums rly didnt manage to read the patch notes or didnt even consider to adapt to a decent build.

Twillight gives u ontop of that some insane dmg making sorc a rly strong class this patch. Everybody saying something else didnt try the pts imo. Didnt see any of those forum sorcs on the pts so :trollface:

Pelinals - Thats prob one of the worst sets u can run on a magicka sorcerer... . It will result in weak shields making the sorc very squishy.

And that twillight doesnt care too much about dodgeroll :wink: . Only build rly pressuring was aimbotcyndis pet sorc and 7th legion fury bloodspawn korrosive spam stam DK.

unknown.png

If you have a 14 k shield in PvP please show me your build
  • Crunkanaut
    Crunkanaut
    ✭✭✭
    never saw a better fitting discussion for:"pls nerf this that i can kill
    1 player"
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

unknown.png

U can see it if when Im on the pts again, but i wont reveal my build so that every scummy magsorc can kill my stamblade without effort...
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

unknown.png

This is really ez to have a 13-14k shield on a sorcerer. 46k magicka is enough, and with the buff to all stats + Necropotence, this isn't hard at all.

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

unknown.png

Yeah, in order to get a 14K shield, you have to have 23K health (without the cyrodil buff), and a ton of magicka. And if you are in BGs or non cp, it just isn't possible at all.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the sorc is using twillight its pretty normal to get rolled over. But if sorc isnt using a pet, its a tank hitting like a wet noodle.

Not if s/he has 4-7k spell dmg.
    For those who dont know what pelinals does, it makes your spell and weap dmg the same. Now that is easy to get a ton of weap dmg though jewelry enchants + traits or by running sets like fury, it is also easy to gain extremely high spell dmg numbers but giving up some magicka sustain. Thats not a bug deal though cause sustain is quite easy, especially when your shields have a ton of resistances so you dont have to spam them.

A hybrid sorc with pelinals and fury is broken now? Lmao.
    I mean technically u are right. It is broken. Broken in the context of being useless in prety much everything.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still to new. Back in the days when I wasnt that good yet I was running viper at least a month before any ytber brought this up. It became a problem way later once ppl got frustrated.

There is a video I know about that guy runs it on a mag dk but he aint that good with it yet or needs to tweak it a little

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dMMZRppc0NA&amp;t=923s

he mentiones this issue too briefly
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m1n5ORl0CCM

There is a big difference for these bulds on a DK and a Sorc. DK will just permablock and block cast everything. Sorcs don't do that. This build will probably put you at like 20K stam, 25K health and under 30k mag. With no recovery, and a bunch of conditional damage that won't be up all of the time. And a sorc with under 30K mag and 25K health is getting far less than a 10K shield. And trust me, after trying out Pariah, even 40K+ resistances provide a difficult time keeping up shields that can be crit and are effected by penetration while under pressure. The kind of pressure that you need to effectively stack Fury procs. If you cannot beat this build on a mag sorc, you are not a good player.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    My NB 4k weap dmg with 10k pen 56% crit chance and 80% crit dmg could not touch this guys health and he had no problem killing me.

Tehn to test I brought a damage dk tank with 30k resistance accross the board and still it took the guy under 10 seconds to kill me.

So ... you died to a MagSorc first or second burst while having near maxed resists .... on a StamDK ? I have bad news for you ...
    You dont get the point. I was dueling the same guy but hes not the only one with this kind of build. Besides the all day top duelers I win 90% of all fights and if I lose I still get them low hp. On top of that I can 1vx up 5 decent gamers. Even if he had impreg on with 4k weap dmg (thats without enchant) and 80% crit dmg 1 to 2 surprise att. should take that shield off easy in a normal scenario.
    For the dk it has 3.9k weap dmg with 1.5k recovery. When you keep being snared and rooted forward momentum wont help you because by the tike you get close the guy will streak and start his crappy rotation over. But anywyas the point im making is that it is possible for mag sorc probably all shield users to be this tanky but still have a ton of dmage and moveability.
    There where other very good duelers on all kind of classes that got wasted by that dude with barly touching his hp.

You dont see this too often yet but you see more and more ppl figuring this build out as you keep running into them. Just wait and see. You probs gotta leave your zerg for abit tho to really experience this...

Besides the fact that its nearly impossible to die to a sorc as a DK tank, dont you think that is a little hypocritical to complain about other people being tanky and doing dmg when you literally admit in the same post that you are playing a freaking tank with hardcapped resistances while having 4k wpn dmg and 1.5 regen?

Again this build was unfinished(missing trates and am on a mag class), not a dueling build and thus I didnt expect to win especially due to his root and snare spamming. I brought it to see how hard he can hit.
    Yes my build is strong in open world op but it can be done with any stam class as im running simple sets full medium, absolutely 0 cheese set up. On top of that since im running no chese this build can be countered if you attack it the right way and got your combos down (at that point it comes down to my skill lvl to stay alive to 1vx). That dudes build had no counter tho he shredded a ton of very good duelers without breaking a sweat.

So you are saying that ur resist hardcapped tank with 4k wpn dmg and 1.5k regen is unfinished and can get a lot better but its ok because every stamina class can do it. So according to you stamina players are allowed to play mega tanks with huge dmg but if a magicka player does it, its cheese, op, broken and cant be countered?

I never said this is ok either plus that build has a lot of drawbacks. Now a mag sorc who can destroy a capped tank like nothing and at the same time cant be hurt by a high dps nb is not ok whatsoever.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I never said this is ok either plus that build has a lot of drawbacks. Now a mag sorc who can destroy a capped tank like nothing and at the same time cant be hurt by a high dps nb is not ok whatsoever.

Except that its not what is happening. A mag sorc wont destroy a capped tank like nothing. He is just destroying you like nothing because you are not as good as you think you are. You are literally complaining about that sorc's build and calling it broken without even knowing what his actual build is.

• Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

unknown.png

I agree. That build screams "I can't kill anything that isn't an NPC or Noob".

Shield strength isn't the issue b/c you can build to compensate for the additional damage taken from crits. The issue is what you are losing in return - i.e. damage and/or sustain, which have been an issue for sorcs for a long time now. Sustain has been crap both in PvP and PvE ever since Morrowind. And damage has been insufficient for a long time now since everybody is a tank in pvp these days and the sorc is build to kill people with a good time combo instead of wearing them down over time. The shield changes just exacerbated these issues.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭

Except that its not what is happening. A mag sorc wont destroy a capped tank like nothing. He is just destroying you like nothing because you are not as good as you think you are. You are literally complaining about that sorc's build and calling it broken without even knowing what his actual build is.
    True im not that good on my dk but better than you think and still good enough to 1vx with it. Also that build is bad in duels as I mentioned multiple times before, especially since it lacks moveability and that dude would perma root and snare. I also mentioned earlier that there were a lot of other duellers who do nothing else but duel all day who had the same issue. So no its not me complaining cause i dont care I lost that fight. I do care tho that I or anyone elese could not touch his health at all and yet he hits harder than any sorc you ever encountered.
    The reason Im bringing this up in the forum is cause hes not the only one you see it more and more as this build is starting to become slowly more known.

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so lets look at Fury and Pelinals. What does Fury actually add to a build? 1K stam, 1k health, 129 Weapon Damage and at most, 750 Weapon damage when proc conditions are perfectly met. Which means, at most, Fury adds 879 weapon damage. Now, on a Stam build, that weapon damage stacks with max stam to increase the power of your attacks. But on a mag build, the max stam, outside of mobility, is useless for damage.

Now, let's look at the rest of this Pelinal and Fury build, ignoring the monster set because that can be used on any iteration of a mag sorc build. Every single extra bonus for weapon damage on a mag sorc also applies to spell damage. Every single one. Also, your weapon damage enchant applies to both stats. And your jewelry can apply to either or. So if you put it on weapon damage, you will of course have more weapon damage. But since all of the multipliers that effect weapon and spell damage for a sorc can apply to both stats, you have ZERO need to run weapon damage enchants and you can run spell damage enchants on your jewelry.

So what does that mean? By running these two sets, you are only gaining 879 weapon damage, and a bit of health and stamina. That is it. The heavy armor is irrelevant since you can use any number of sets to get heavy armor. I can come up with a build right here, right now, that will have more health and more resistances, for a loss of like 120 spell damage, with a far more reliable spell damage proc than Fury, and it is in light armor.

5 Piece Clever Alchemist, 5 Piece Fortified Brass. With CA, you get 782 total spell damage when it procs. You control the proc and you get the full proc immediately upon use. Far more beneficial than needing to take a ton of damage line with Fury. And the setup doesn't waste 2 entire 5 piece sets just to get an extra 100 spell damage. Plus, the added health from CA, and the resitances from Brass are far more beneficial than the Pelinal+Fury combo. And you can still run light armor for the penetration and sustain, while being at the resistance cap.

Fury is a dumb set to run on mag. And Pelinals is only useful if you plan on using both stam and mag attacks. Which should be never, because hybrids lack a ton of necessary stats and scaling.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

True im not that good on my dk but better than you think and still good enough to 1vx with it. Also that build is bad in duels as I mentioned multiple times before, especially since it lacks moveability and that dude would perma root and snare. I also mentioned earlier that there were a lot of other duellers who do nothing else but duel all day who had the same issue. So no its not me complaining cause i dont care I lost that fight. I do care tho that I or anyone elese could not touch his health at all and yet he hits harder than any sorc you ever encountered.
    The reason Im bringing this up in the forum is cause hes not the only one you see it more and more as this build is starting to become slowly more known.

Ok even if everything you said is true, you are just describing a player who made a duelling build. Its just one of many many many "broken OP" duelling builds. So what exactly is ur point? Did you just made a random thread because someone made a duelling build and killed ur build that isnt good in duels? Or is this a nerf sorc thread in disguise?
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so lets look at Fury and Pelinals. What does Fury actually add to a build? 1K stam, 1k health, 129 Weapon Damage and at most, 750 Weapon damage when proc conditions are perfectly met. Which means, at most, Fury adds 879 weapon damage. Now, on a Stam build, that weapon damage stacks with max stam to increase the power of your attacks. But on a mag build, the max stam, outside of mobility, is useless for damage.

Now, let's look at the rest of this Pelinal and Fury build, ignoring the monster set because that can be used on any iteration of a mag sorc build. Every single extra bonus for weapon damage on a mag sorc also applies to spell damage. Every single one. Also, your weapon damage enchant applies to both stats. And your jewelry can apply to either or. So if you put it on weapon damage, you will of course have more weapon damage. But since all of the multipliers that effect weapon and spell damage for a sorc can apply to both stats, you have ZERO need to run weapon damage enchants and you can run spell damage enchants on your jewelry.

So what does that mean? By running these two sets, you are only gaining 879 weapon damage, and a bit of health and stamina. That is it. The heavy armor is irrelevant since you can use any number of sets to get heavy armor. I can come up with a build right here, right now, that will have more health and more resistances, for a loss of like 120 spell damage, with a far more reliable spell damage proc than Fury, and it is in light armor.

5 Piece Clever Alchemist, 5 Piece Fortified Brass. With CA, you get 782 total spell damage when it procs. You control the proc and you get the full proc immediately upon use. Far more beneficial than needing to take a ton of damage line with Fury. And the setup doesn't waste 2 entire 5 piece sets just to get an extra 100 spell damage. Plus, the added health from CA, and the resitances from Brass are far more beneficial than the Pelinal+Fury combo. And you can still run light armor for the penetration and sustain, while being at the resistance cap.

Fury is a dumb set to run on mag. And Pelinals is only useful if you plan on using both stam and mag attacks. Which should be never, because hybrids lack a ton of necessary stats and scaling.

You have to run everything as weapon dmg no spell dmg allowed cause weapon dmg scales better thats why you Pelinals in medium. So it rather goes like this 879 from fury plus 540 from 2 infused jewelry with weap dmg plus 435 infused weap glyph from back bar =1854 plus base weap dmg i think that about 1.8 so we are at roughly 3.6k unbuffed.

Now buffed 15% from medium passive plus 20% major brut plus (on templar another 6% on dk another 10% from minor brut). Buffed pelinals sorc 4.86k and thats when you build into sutain with that 3rd jewelry piece and/or a sustain from monster and still running recovery mundus. You will sit at about 1.7k recovery.

Now you could even push that further by adding another dmg glyph. And weap dmg monster and rather suatain with mag version of dark deal and havy attacks.
    You could also go a bit lower in base dmg and use 5 ligh instead of medium which will bring you to 4.3k spell dmg. or go the tanky rout doing this in heavy

Also you cant really compare this with alchemist since that has a bad uptime. For pelinals you can use other sets as fury thi but why would you cause thats up all the time the way it works and since shields can crit
    Edited by Dr.NRG on February 11, 2019 11:52PM
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the max number you can reach with your build still being playable if you really good in sustaing is just under 7k spell dmg
    Edited by Dr.NRG on February 11, 2019 11:50PM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

unknown.png

Sadly I forgot to make a screenshot of your Twilight hitting me for 6k, this one isn't bad either tho.

iuljxpyswe23.png

Glad to see that proc heroes finally get a replacement which is even more tanky and has even more "proc" damage :)
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on February 11, 2019 11:54PM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭

unknown.png

Sadly I forgot to make a screenshot of your Twilight hitting me for 6k, this one isn't bad either tho.

iuljxpyswe23.png

Glad to see that proc heroes finally get a replacement which is even more tanky and has even more "proc" damage :)

Lets pray he was naked when he got hit by that twilight or we are all screwed.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dMMZRppc0NA&amp;t=923s

RIP
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to run everything as weapon dmg no spell dmg allowed cause weapon dmg scales better thats why you Pelinals in medium. So it rather goes like this 879 from fury plus 540 from 2 infused jewelry with weap dmg plus 435 infused weap glyph from back bar =1854 plus base weap dmg i think that about 1.8 so we are at roughly 3.6k unbuffed.

Now buffed 15% from medium passive plus 20% major brut plus (on templar another 6% on dk another 10% from minor brut). Buffed pelinals sorc 4.86k and thats when you build into sutain with that 3rd jewelry piece and/or a sustain from monster and still running recovery mundus. You will sit at about 1.7k recovery.

Now you could even push that further by adding another dmg glyph. And weap dmg monster and rather suatain with mag version of dark deal and havy attacks.
    You could also go a bit lower in base dmg and use 5 ligh instead of medium which will bring you to 4.3k spell dmg. or go the tanky rout doing this in heavy

Also you cant really compare this with alchemist since that has a bad uptime. For pelinals you can use other sets as fury thi but why would you cause thats up all the time the way it works and since shields can crit

You wont last 10 seconds playing in medium on a mag sorc using that setup. Also, this whole post you were touting heavy armor, only to turn around and put in it medium armor. I don't care who you are, you will not be able to susta8n that setup. And fury won't be up all the time because you will be dead all the time. Alchemist is far better on mag and the downtime is tiny compared to breaking combat for more thsn 6 seconds and losing all of your stacks.

Either way, this build isn't catching on because it is awful.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the fact that you want to come here and complain about sorc shields on a build that does literally nothing to actually boost them effectively shows you know nothing about the class. You just lost on your own terrible builf and are looking for excuses.