Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So how will you use your 3 Race changes after this seemingly last racial update (make a list)

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
For me I have 11 characters at 50

Magicka Templar: Altmer to Breton
Stamina Warden: Bosmer to Khajit
Magicka Nightblade: Dunmer to Khajit

My other characters:

Redguard Stamplar
Bosmer Stamblade
Orc Stamdk
Altmer Magsorc
Orc Stamsorc
Argonian Warden Tank
Nord DK Tank
Dunmer MagDK
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think this is the last PTS update ... the patch drop hasn’t been announced yet.

Remember, ZOS still reserves the right to ninja-change racial passives between PTS and the live update (has happened before).
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t think this is the last PTS update ... the patch drop hasn’t been announced yet.

Remember, ZOS still reserves the right to ninja-change racial passives between PTS and the live update (has happened before).

yeah but next patch will probably be live and they wont make big changes on live in case it gets too drastic
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not changing any of my character's races with them, but I might use them as appearance changes.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t change that mag dunmer over to Khajiit, if this is really the last round of changes, Khajiit mag dps is going to fall far behind the others after losing 8% crit chance
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no change. I think they will only ever get used if I find something I want to change appearance wise on the characters I have.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 15 argonians. If they suck after the patch, too bad, I'm staying argonian. I'll just keep whining on the forums I guess if that is my only choice.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, my characters still aren't transracial. They'll sit there being unused with me wishing I could sell them to the people who would use them.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Patchs come live on X.X.5.

Today, Feb, 11: 4.3.3.
    Feb, 18: 4.3.4.
    Feb, 25: 4.3.5 (live release).
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only decision I really need to make is whether or not I am going to race change my primary PvP character or not. The rest are probably going to be fine as is, at least until I have more time to dedicate to one of the others. If at that time I decide something needs to change, then fine. But I do know that I am not paying for race changes to deal with this, I'll shelf characters first at this point because I'm grumpy af over Bosmers right now.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not using them. I only have 2 dungeon peeps, a mag templar Khajiit who does really well except for sustain but the changes will help him and a Breton sorc healer vamp who has no problem with sustain. Every other race/class I made on purpose for the fun of it.
    Edited by Sevalaricgirl on February 11, 2019 9:05PM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all stam to orc
    all mag classes change to breton
    one mag templer and mag nb stays argonian

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't use any of them. I choose my races based on the character I wanted, not based on what was BiS.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a race token last year so I have 4 (eventually) thinking I wanted to swap my bosmer to altmer... ha ha good thing I didn't.

Altmer - Nord

I wanted something to dps and heal, but kinda falling in love with idea of stacking resistances from nord and rune... you thought dk was nice but templar tank could be light amour tank!. Also nord healer will have it's use. Not 100 percent sure but this is up for serious consideration.

I will be using 2 name change tokens for faithless keeper, and gift of the moonlight to something more poetic. I might give my templar a name change if they feel too different but moonlight saint is such a cool name.
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.) Altmer to Breton

My main PvP character is an Altmer Magsorc. If the racial changes to Altmer are not tweaked then I will begrudgingly change to Breton. The good sustain, good/great (great if afflicted with a status effect) spell resistance, and good resource pool makes Breton the better choice for my playstyle; however, when the changes go live I will see how Altmer performs and if I like it.

2.) Altmer to Nord

The first character I ever made in ESO was a StamDK. Nord is an all around good choice for Stam DK based on my playstyle and the frost resist would be great for fighting Wardens.

3.) Bosmer to Redguard/Khajiit/Orc

Shortly after I made my Dragonknight I made a Bosmer Stamblade and main'd him for years. I use him for PvE/crafting. The switch to either Redguard, Khajiit, or Orc will allow me to achieve the highest DPS possible for trials which is what I play him to do.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial stam sorc: staying the same (this one was on the fence two weeks ago)

Orc stam DK: staying the same

Redguard stamplar: staying the same

Breton magblade: staying the same

Redguard stamblade: staying the same

Altmer mag sorc: staying the same

It would take a lot more than these changes to make me change their races. I'm overall pleased with how they're handling it.
    Edited by Holycannoli on February 11, 2019 9:33PM
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to wait until the race changes are finalized and pushed live. Then we'll see.

So far the only consideration for the race change is my Imperial NB. I will be changing him to ANYTHING else.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit to Khajiit. save two. probably an name change on another Khajiit as she don't follow naming conversion
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might change my MagBlade crafter but I don't know which race to pick, only that it's not gonna be a DC race. I wanted to pick Khajiit first, but the latest PTS update made me reconsider.

Any suggestions? :)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't know if this is the last patch. I hope not anyways, what with how khajiit sorcs just got gutted. I was so excited to finally live out my dream of having not just a viable khajiit sorceress and necromancer, but the most optimal. I'm not sure what I feel about this anymore. So i'll post two scenarios.

Scenario 1: Khajiits are still viable for dps roles

Token 1: Altmer - > Khajiit
    my main sorcerer is an altmer and has been for as long as i can remember, but changing her to a khajiit would be amazing not just because i could maintain dps, be a cat, and have extra pickpocket bonus, but because i'm bored of her being the same and i hate her current voice.

Token 2: Argonian - > Argonian
    When i made my argonian warden healer I thought about making him a weak fragile little boy. I made him too weak and fragile though, he's like a bendy molded stick of beef jerky. Figured i'd spend a token touching him up.

Token 3: save for future use.

Secnario 2: Khajiit are unviable for dps roles

Token 1: Argonian - > Argonian (see above)

token 2: Altmer - > breton (with any alliance any race pack)
    If altmer changes stay the same then screw that. At this current point I feel like altmer are still gonna be worse than khajiit even if the changes stay this way. My only other option would be wood elf, and since i'm a sorc dps i'd rather get the upgrade so i could make it whatever race is more viable next. Probably breton for magicka dps if i had to guess, from sustain, or maybe dunmer.

Token 3: dunmer - > redguard (same as above alliance pack)
    I had a magblade dunmer dps until like 2 nights ago i respecced her as stam in an effort to diversify my builds, since i don't have a max level stam build until now. Still gotta level her weapons to 50 but the head start on other stuff doesn't hurt. If dunmer aren't good on live i'll change her to whatever stam race works, maybe even khajiit ironically.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    I will change my Altmer Sorc to something else idk, Khajit or Breton or Dunmer or just Altmer idk.

I will probably swap my StamDK to a Dunmer but this character has been shelved for a while.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until the patch goes live we cannot consider this to be the last update to the race passives.

Zos, and any good MMORPG will make changes to a patch from the last PTS and it going live. Otherwise that last week of testing is pointless. Though I understand it makes for an idea for creating a thread.

Though it does seem Zos is winding down. Further, more testing will be needed before I will change a thing.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit probably took a big nerf today. Waiting to test myself. Also waiting for the tests from the elite players, who show the full potential of the passives.

Then next patch. Then live. Then I'll wait because they might still change things a couple weeks later like they did with murkmire enchantments. By that time, I'll hold off because the next chapter will have class changes that will change the value of racial passives.

If I didn't value the fact that these are free and limited, I'd go hog wild. As is, I'm going to be careful and there's certainly nothing to consider now.
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't be, they will be just left gathering dust because I am not a FOTM reroller.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't be using them, my characters are what they are and that's how they'll stay, besides which I haven't seen anything that suggests they'll become any less viable after the changes come in.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll only be using mine to fix some appearance issues with my characters. I have no desire to switch races otherwise, I'm happy with what I have and really don't feel the need to change just to achieve better dps
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    still playing khajiit...good or bad...cats still rock.
  • WikiMeister
    WikiMeister
    ✭✭✭
    I have 9 fully ranked characters. I will change none of them, since all of their builds/setups will make sense when the Racial rework is implemented.

I will thank ZOS for the free tokens for cosmetic purposes though. ;)
    AU | NA-PC Beta veteran since 2014. Dies to 999+ latency.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see, I have:

on EU server:
    MagTemplar Argonian - might change him to Breton
    StamWarden Redguard - no change
    StamNB Khajiit - no change

on NA server:
    MagSorc Altmer - no change
    MagTemplar Argonian - no change
    HybridNB Khajiit - no change
    MagDK Dunmer - no change
    MagWarden Argonian - no change
    Hybrid(leaning Stam)DK Orc - no change
    StamSorc Redguard - no change

The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I am going to have less Bosmers that's for sure. As a rule I do not play PvP, and they have a passive that is dedicated to PvP only.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya i really wanted to make a crit mag pet sorc. Was going to roll a cat. Up in the air now. Have to see how stuff pl lays out.

I am pretty sure the crit would have been better than the alts spelldamage on a pet sorc.