Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many outfit slots would you buy if they were account wide?

InvictusApollo
InvictusApollo
✭✭✭✭✭

How many outfit slots would you buy if they were account wide? 125 votes

One
11%
BlackersElsonsoStreegaperditionerSnowZeniaXDark_One13FischblutDocFrost72sharquezweedgeniusItaciraCyrriusyooqiYe_Olde_Crowe 14 votes
Two
19%
calitrumanb14_ESOOrillionDanikatninjaguymanHidesFromSunForztrWolfDKRuinhornMetamonmajulookGnortranermaraPsychpsych13LordLomaxeso_nyaElectrone_MagnuscolossalvoidsStormChaser3000OttmaApostateHoboStrike_Maximus 24 votes
Three
15%
adamastorxj.greenmanb16_ESOIdinuseMythicEmperorJhalinAlgraxaKatheriahfullheartcontainerDrathlyFrancisCrawfordThannazzarE7216Kalik_GoldSleepyMuggsFiedelstrichMixithJaZ2091bharathitmanbluebird 19 votes
Four
7%
Ohtimbarwolfie1.0.boggoPwooMinyassaAshrynStarlockAnumarilFusharji_Seht 9 votes
More
23%
CireousEarrindoHanokihsAlienSlofSheezabeastwsmith97ub17_ESOSkyasiDarkhorse1975RajajshkaAmphithoeInvictusApolloAelthwynSomewhereKallistioGiantFruitFlymax_onlymeekmikoMorgul667YamiKurukuSydneyGrey 29 votes
Other
24%
NestorAcrolasDarcyMardinwenchmore420b14_ESOElsterchenTurelusAtallantaNovaMarxredspecter23LettigallEasily_LostMalkorgaBananaShadow_AkulaTankinatorFRRaddlemanNumber7DBZVelenamethod__01TasearKeldheir 30 votes
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two
    Definitely one, probably two.

Admittedly not many but it's 1-2 more than I've bought under the current system.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Zero
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Probably all, one by one, now and then, as the need for a new outfit for a character would arise.
    Edited by Watchdog on February 8, 2019 11:56PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Three
    i'd get at least 1, and would probably get more over time.
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Since each character gets one, that's enough for my needs. If they want a change, I change that one.

Costumes are the fashion area. Many of my characters will dress for the occasion, but combat needs their (one) outfit.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    None
    PC EU
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two
    Two, at the very least. Maybe more.

But as they are per character, I will not purchase any. Ever. Unless they get 90% discounted. And even then, I probably would only buy a couple.

For the sake of comparison, I'd like to mention Champions Online. This is a Superhero MMO, so costume is MUCH more important, as how your character looks in a superhero game is a major part of the character's identity, it makes them recognizable by other players, and ofthen the genre, limited as it is in number of games, offers a very creative character design utility that allows for way more flexible character customisation than any other MMO.

In Champions Online, costume slots are per character. But they cost, outside of any sale, 150 Zen (the local equivalent of Crowns, with roughly the same value in real life money). For TWO SLOTS.

ESO sells 1 slot for 1500 crowns. Making Champions Online effectively 20 times cheaper for the same upgrade, in a game where said upgrade is comparatively much more meaningful.

Also, maybe it should be properly explained in the costume slot description that they are NOT account wide. At such a price, one could safely assume they are. You can look up the information on the Internet, but it's not available in game. That's bad business practice, to say the least. In my country, proving to a court that you were not properly informed of what you were signing for can void the contract. For countries who rely more on "soft law", as it is called, like the US, it's fairly obvious that mutual agreement cannot be reached without proper information about what people actually agree upon. So that lack of a proper description isn't just bad business, it's also borderline illegal.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    When they're on sale, I'd have to spend more than 8,750 gold per character to make an account-wide unlock worthwhile. Regular price, 17,500 gold per character. To use one of the Outfit Change Token I've accumulated, I'd have to spend more than 70,000 gold on a single outfit change. I'm just not spending that kind of gold at the Outfit Station, which is why it doesn't make much of a different whether it's per character or per account.

Even if you were running a site like ESO Fashion, it's probably more economical to use gold to outfit change a single character than to buy more slots.

So I really don't see why everyone's been worked up for a year now on this. Outfit slots are like the most optional purchase of optional purchases. Additional character outfit slots are just there as a convenience if you absolutely have to have it, and like I've said before, they're priced to reflect the very low demand ZOS predicted for them. 1500 crowns apiece was the only way to give it any long-term value outside of opinion.
    signing off
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    When they're on sale, I'd have to spend more than 8,750 gold per character to make an account-wide unlock worthwhile. Regular price, 17,500 gold per character. To use one of the Outfit Change Token I've accumulated, I'd have to spend more than 70,000 gold on a single outfit change. I'm just not spending that kind of gold at the Outfit Station, which is why it doesn't make much of a different whether it's per character or per account.

Even if you were running a site like ESO Fashion, it's probably more economical to use gold to outfit change a single character than to buy more slots.

So I really don't see why everyone's been worked up for a year now on this. Outfit slots are like the most optional purchase of optional purchases. Additional character outfit slots are just there as a convenience if you absolutely have to have it, and like I've said before, they're priced to reflect the very low demand ZOS predicted for them. 1500 crowns apiece was the only way to give it any long-term value outside of opinion.

If they hadn't added a gold cost to both creating/changing an outfit and dyeing it, I can see it being the most optional purchase of optional purchases. But, having a gold cost does make additional outfit slots more of a convenience and seems designed to encourage players to have more than one slot, except then the price is really too high for just one additional slot for one character.

I'm not really worked up about it one way or the other, since I've only created outfits for 2 or 3 of my characters, and even then, it was one of the free ones (Divine Prosecution, Morag Tong, Imperial).

ETA: One outfit slot per character is more than enough for me, for now, since I haven't really played much with it. That's due, in large part, to the gold cost associated with it. Plus, I'm kind of a costume hoarder, so I buy those, which all my characters can wear, and I can dye them (with ESO+). It's possible that I'd buy an additional outfit slot if it were account-wide, but I just haven't been bothered much by the whole system up to this point.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 8, 2019 10:47PM
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Zero
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    None
  • WolfDK
    WolfDK
    ✭✭
    Two
    Two, hardly see much point in having more then that.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Zero. They lost me with their ridiculous pricing, and now I don’t use the outfit system at all. I stick with costumes.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Four
    At least four. Adventuring outfit, stealth/pvp outfit, fancy social event outfit, holiday/seasonal outfit. Possibly sexy/dating outfit for some toons.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    At the start of the Outfit system, I'd have bought one even at the current price if it were account wide just because I was so excited about it all. I'd have loved having both a custom combat look and a custom town look for all my characters.

Now, as I realize that getting an alt into a good combat outfit with the one free slot is all I really want to do, seeing as how I don't rp in game with others, and as I've had plenty of time to absorb all the arguments about the exorbitant cost even if it *were* account wide, they'd have to *substantially* reduce the cost per slot for me to buy even one.

They had their chance to do it right, I don't think they can fix it now.
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    None
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three
    Might not be much but I won’t buy any as is
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More
    Id buy many

Inly remaining issue would be hide tabard option like a costume (have tag but not the tabard)
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More
    If outfit slots were account wide, I would probably buy as many as allowed but would do so by buying crowns and having them gifted.
    Master Craftsman!
  • TankinatorFR
    TankinatorFR
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    All of them.
    I really love creating appearance for my character, with different ones for each different situation. Few people would wear the same armor in a hot desert and in a snowy tundra, or while adventuring in a dark cave, getting into a battle, or participating in some political-party in a summerset manor. So 2/4 clothes and 2/4 armor is definitely a minimum.

But actually, except if I some day end with so many stacked crowns that I absolutely don't know what to do with them, it will never happen.
    So I'll just stick to one outfit+costumes.

Also, as I stockpiles crowns from my eso+, I would probably offer them to my friends, just in the same way as we are actually sharing my crafting bag.
    Edited by TankinatorFR on February 11, 2019 7:11AM
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bought all 10 with gold while there was a discount. Dont know why, I dont use outfits anyway.
    Rawr
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    More than I do now (which is zero)

Their current implementation is a RIP off
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    None.

Personally I prefer using costumes, and I feel my Crowns are better spent else where.

But I wish for anyone who wants this that it will be a possibility in the future.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Zero

I don't change my outfits often and when I do, I have no problem just going to the station and changing it.

Outfit slots are for a very limited audience to begin with. Players with insane amounts of disposable income and a huge desire to have multiple outfits available on the fly.

Even at 100 crowns, I'd personally hesitate to buy any as I just wouldn't use them.

For those that do have an interest, it would most definitely help if they were account wide. I suspect that many of the purchases already made were from players assuming they were account unlocks anyway. It makes me think ZOS is purposely clouding over the fact that they are per character in order to push sales to players that don't know that.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Two
    Definitely two. Wouldn't rule out more.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • BringerOfOmens
    BringerOfOmens
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    More than the zero I have purchased because they are not account wide.
  • Metamon
    Metamon
    ✭✭✭
    Two
    Two on the day the change is made (if at all)
    And eventually, all slots purchased
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Four
    Four is probably enough for my characters. But honestly? If they were actually account wide at their current price it'd probably be all of them.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Zero
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    None, because as much as I like the idea of having plenty of outfits for all sorts of situations, I just know I'd never use them anyway. My one outfit that I alter every now and then is all I need.
    PC EU