Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is ZOS forcing spoilers on us?

• Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eww, a roleplayer!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "forced"

You know, you don't have to collect/upgrade this mount? If, say, you've got more important personal priorities (such as not skipping ahead in the narrative).

(Also, if you managed to get out of the previous event with an excess of leftover tickets - because, say, you've been carrying a 12/12 balance since early on, and could buy each new event's feather/berry at the start and then build up tickets again - you could skip the Morrowind event and buy both berries during the next one. Each quarter's berries do build up on the vendor like the feathers did, right?)
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taunky wrote: »
    Eww, a roleplayer!

Watch out. That’s how you catch a ban around here.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't Play the event.

Besides, you know they will be in the crown store or a crown crate eventually, and probably the coolest looking version to boot.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the worst thread I've ever seen on this forum, bar none. You're complaining about a non-issue. You don't need to do ANY of that stuff, you're not spoiling ***. You just *want* the mount, it isn't a necessity. And even so, going to Vvardenfell to ONLY do dailies IS EXPLICITLY NOT spoiling anything story related in the first place! Good GRIEF.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Yes the process of getting the indriks is over complex for something who is mainly created to get players who don't play so often to play more.

However you can get 24 tickets during this event.
    Purpose of events is to get people to play daily.

Purpose of these events sems to get more people in one area which is allready overpopulated to make performance even mworse than it is allready.
    iiYuki wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Vvardenfel is a year old, how long does ZOS need to wait for you?

The age old question of how long before a spoiler stops being a spoiler.
    Personally I think 2 weeks to a month and its fair game, but the Morrowind expansion came out in June 2017 how long do people need?

It takes as long as it takes. If i am planning to read a book or play some rpg in the future, someone telling me what to do is spoiler. Even if the book is 100 years old. Time does not matter. Regarding Morrowind, if player has not been and wants to go in some point of the future, it can be spoiler to that player if that one has to go there before the time for some mount.

Then again i would not consider mount that high a priority over immersion or story. In my case, horses , senches and Guar are all that i want to see or use.
    Edited by Tapio75 on February 11, 2019 5:30PM
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like the indrik enough to care to do the events for tickets
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    Yes the process of getting the indriks is over complex for something who is mainly created to get players who don't play so often to play more.

Purpose of these events sems to get more people in one area which is allready overpopulated to make performance even mworse than it is allready.

Wrong, the purpose of these events is to get more player engagement and retain active players. The performance is just fine, haven't had a single lag spike or frame rate drop my entire time during ANY of these events.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you are partially correct. I suspect they have less hardware running than they did at launch and rather than increase hardware they run these events so they can predict resource allocations. Where's the evidence, look how many folks said Cyrodiil and IC ran pretty good during the event and now it is back to running like crap.

Want to prove the theory, What do you think would happen if everyone showed up on Bleakrock during the Morrowind event?
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^
    None of that is even remotely true.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically you could have done the same boss and delve every day of the event. Have a friend pick up the dailies, but not complete them. They can then share them with you each day after the daily reset.

The Silt Strider transportation system in Vvardenfell would have been a good way to get to where you need to go without "spoiling" the in-between parts as well.
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    How about : Don't participate in an event that you think might hinder your experience ? Before this one there was a pvp thing that had the tickets on it and since i don't really pvp at the moment , i just skipped that event , must you get the mount RIGHT NOW ?
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Memnock wrote: »
    How about : Don't participate in an event that you think might hinder your experience ? Before this one there was a pvp thing that had the tickets on it and since i don't really pvp at the moment , i just skipped that event , must you get the mount RIGHT NOW ?

It's literally the definition of first world problems, and the OP post was so entitled and high-and-mighty, it hurt my soul to read. Just sad, tbh.
  • IAmBones
    IAmBones
    ✭✭✭
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes as long as it takes. If i am planning to read a book or play some rpg in the future, someone telling me what to do is spoiler. Even if the book is 100 years old. Time does not matter. Regarding Morrowind, if player has not been and wants to go in some point of the future, it can be spoiler to that player if that one has to go there before the time for some mount.

From the point of view of the specific person that's right, but if ZOS had to wait for all players to finish the main quest line of a zone before doing any event there we would end with events hosted in pocket planes in Oblivion
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • BrokenString
    BrokenString
    ✭✭✭
    Forcing? You do know that this mount is optional right? You dont need to do anything you dont want to, leave that for real life.
    Maybe you're a kid and don't know what that means yet, maybe not.

This mount wont do anything more than your free horse at level 10 does
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭

iiYuki wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Vvardenfel is a year old, how long does ZOS need to wait for you?

The age old question of how long before a spoiler stops being a spoiler.
    Personally I think 2 weeks to a month and its fair game, but the Morrowind expansion came out in June 2017 how long do people need?

Then again i would not consider mount that high a priority over immersion or story. In my case, horses , senches and Guar are all that i want to see or use.

I understand that it IS a spoiler its more that we cant please everyone, surely it has to eventually become free to talk about because if not by the logic that "even if its 100 years old" that means no one can discuss anything ever involving a plot, story, game, movie, book etc because someone, somewhere, at some point in history may see a spoiler.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) wrong. they have said a few times that the indrik mount will be available to get feathers for and berries for throughout the years so that you could get multiples. they'll also eventually be in the crown store.

2) i would not say it's convoluted in any aspect. buy 4 things. use it. bam you have mount. buy 4 things. use it. bam your mount evolved. the only part that makes sense is noobs accidentally buying 2 of the same feather or berry.

3) wrong. You can have up to 12 extra, enough to instantly get 1 of whatever's in the next event and have a head start towards the next one. Events are designed so you can get at least 10 for the berry/feather, and probably 12 more if you play a lot.

4) 2 weeks at 2 tickets a day (which seems to be their go-to now since the first event which lasted way longer than 2 weeks) is 28 tickets, which is enough to buy 2 unique items and almost have enough for a 3rd during the next event. I Wouldn't say that's not enough, considering there's only 6 unique items out right now and it's been half a year.

5) this depends on the event, but the longer it is the less you get per day. the new life festival was pretty darn long and you only got 1 a day. whereas the undaunted festival was a decent length but you got 3 a day or so. it's scaled to the event.

6) i mean, yeah, that's the point of events. some of us like having stuff to do? the point of limited time events is to draw attention to older zones and get people excited about something that they can work towards for a limited time and feel special about. and it's not like they're breaking your kneecaps to do so, because future and past events still give you the same progress, so you're not missing anything by skipping an event.

7) literally only the berries. the indrik itself is universal. Even if you started today you'd still have enough time to get tickets to get all 4 berries by the end of this season. but there's 3 more seasons. and each of those will have even more opportunities.

8) that's the freaking idea my good dude. that's literally the point of events. if every single event took place in davon's watch or daggerfall or something people would get very bored. the point of these events is to get people going to places they might not have wanted to visit, or places they put off. The first time I really explored shadowfen was during the new life festival when I had to go there for some quest to fish. This encourages exploration and gets people interested in zones they might have written off as boring.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That is, if you're interested in getting event tickets for feathers and berries for the Indrik mounts.

How does this force spoilers on people? Well, I'm now forced to explore and reveal Vvardenfel and parts of its story, well before I'm interested in doing so, and if I'm RPing my character before he'd even be in these areas to begin with, based on following the story arcs. Why? Because the Indrik event insists I participate in this Vvardenfell Celebration.

How so?

A few of problems here with this Indrik mount insanity, and a lot of them stem from Issue #1. At least the aforementioned problem could be allieviated if ZOS would clarify #1 below.

1) ZOS has failed to, or refuses to, let players know if this Indrik mount collection endeavor is a limited thing, available only since the first festival it appeared in, and will be completed afterwards, never to be seen again. Or if this is an ongoing thing, that will allow you to work on getting the Indrik mount in its various evolutions year-after-year.

2) Getting the Indrik and its various evolutions is a complicated and convoluted process, which is prone to error (numerous players having already screwed up and lost tickets buying the incorrect items).

3) Event tickets are not abundant and you can't collect an excess amount of them during the events.

4) Event periods are not long. 2 weeks at best.

5) You can only get a small number of tickets per day.

6) You have to participate in events on most of its available days to get enough tickets for a single purchase of feathers or berries.

7) Availability of the things needed for the Indrik mount and its evolutions is limited to specific time periods. (e.g. Berries)

8) Many of the events require unlocking content, prerequisite quests, and going to widely dispersed zones, regions, areas you may not have been to.

So.... here I am, with Vvardenfell entirely unexposed to my character, whose nowhere near doing that part of the story line, as I'm currently trying to do things in their most logical chronological and storyline order (which is largely based on expansion/dlc release order) , and I'm initially thinking "Okay I only have to do one delve boss and one world boss a day. That's not too bad. I'll expose one delve and one world boss location on Vvardenfell and just do those every day."

But no. Getting the event tickets are based on daily quests which I was forced to unlock by engaging in the story line (forced spoilers on me.) And the daily quests send you to different delves or world bosses across Vvardenfell each day. So now I'm trying to get to these locations, on a landscape that's not condusive to running directly to where you need to go, and spoiling tons of landscape that I'd REALLY have liked to enjoy at my leisure and come across naturally, rather than running willy-nilly haphazardly across the map, past interesting landmarks, points of interest, towns, etc... trying to find a way to get to the delve or world boss I need to do.

And all this because, while I AM perfectly content to take multiple years to get each of the Indrik evolutions, doing these events and collecting tickets at my leisure, and not feeling pressured to participate in events and spoil content for myself (like I already had to do for Clockwork city, and parts of every other zone), ZOS won't give us the information we players need to NOT feel pressured that we have to participate in events or otherwise lose our chance to get these mounts and their evolutions.

So again I ask ZOS, will you PLEASE let the player community know if this Indrik mount collection endeavor will be an ongoing thing year-after-year , or if we had better do everything in our power to grind these things out now and participate on most event days because once this opportunity is gone, it's gone!

Um...not really. I hate pvp and won't participate. The event prior to the pvp event? Yeah, I not only got enough tickets to buy the current feather, I got 10 extra to buy the pvp event feather as soon as the event started, without ever having to think about participating in pvp.

Want to skip the "spoilers" about Morrowind? Port to a friend instead of starting the Morrowind storyline. You will run into the npc that starts the one quest you need to do in order to get the dailies right near the Seyda Neen wayshrine. No need to do anything else. The daily quests aren't related to the main story, so unless "summoning daedra is bad", or "rogue kwama going berserk and killing people" or "slavers keep coming back to a cave and need to be cleared just like normal bandits" are spoilers after you've played the base game, you'll be fine. If those things are spoilers, then you probably need to finish at least one of the faction quest lines and the main quests of the base game.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Felt the exact same way about the guild dailies when they were introduced. I like to play things in order and they were sending me to maps where I had no wayshrines and no quests done.

The outrage!!

But since the same problem popped up with Surveys which began picking random maps instead of the one you delivered the crafts in, I had to spread out.

Mostly I'd drop the dailies if they sent me to a map I still hadn't explored but there are so many dailies and the motifs are not that easy to farm, so I ended up having to do them anyway. I still haven't done most maps/questlines but those delves have been cleared.

Just have to accept that it's the way ESO works. Trying to lure players into places they have not been in before/in a long time.
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forcing? You do know that this mount is optional right? You dont need to do anything you dont want to, leave that for real life.

What! You don't say!

So wait.... you're telling me that I don't HAVE to get this mount!

Why didn't anyone say so?

While I do appreciate those who've put forth solutions that can mitigate the exposure of spoilers, they could have at least told me that ZOS wasn't literally forcing me to get this mount.

Thank you Brokenstrings for having the insight to realize that I was simply confused about there not being TOS demands on players to get this mount or have their accounts permanently banned. Phew!!! That's a weight off my shoulders.

But then again I suppose it's possible I wasn't using 'forcing' in that context, but rather stating that if one wanted to get this mount, they are required to participate in content they might not want to spoil for themselves (without knowing if these mounts will be available to achieve in perpetuity) and you are simply being intentionally obtuse (or worse, actually that obtuse).

Though what are the odds of that?
    PC/NA @GP323
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What! You don't say!

So wait.... you're telling me that I don't HAVE to get this mount!

Why didn't anyone say so?

While I do appreciate those who've put forth solutions that can mitigate the exposure of spoilers, they could have at least told me that ZOS wasn't literally forcing me to get this mount.

Thank you Brokenstrings for having the insight to realize that I was simply confused about there not being TOS demands on players to get this mount or have their accounts permanently banned. Phew!!! That's a weight off my shoulders.

But then again I suppose it's possible I wasn't using 'forcing' in that context, but rather stating that if one wanted to get this mount, they are required to participate in content they might not want to spoil for themselves (without knowing if these mounts will be available to achieve in perpetuity) and you are simply being intentionally obtuse (or worse, actually that obtuse).

Though what are the odds of that?

It’s approaching 2 years old, you need to get over yourself
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are so triggered on these forums by the silliest of things.
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPOILER ALERT!!!

Vader is Lukes' father. OMG!!!!!!oneoneeleven!!!

o:)
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    SPOILER ALERT!!!

You son of bit'ch! I've been meaning to watch those movies!

:D
    PC/NA @GP323
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPOILER ALERT!!!

Do Luke and Lia ever get to hook up? Wait don't tell me, I've only seen the first and second movie.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So.. You want all event to take place in the starterzones? And which one? Because an AD character would not want the DC area spoiled.

It's pretty normal in MMO to have events zone wide. If I was you I wouldn't bother with the pjisic skill line as it takes you all over Tamriel.

For me TES games are all about exploration. Drop the quests and don't let them hold your hand. Taste the freedom and go on your own adventures.
    Edited by Knootewoot on February 13, 2019 6:29AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    So.. You want all event to take place in the starterzones?

Nope.

PC/NA @GP323
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FORCED. MUST HAVE MOUNT. ALL EVOLVES.
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    FORCED. MUST HAVE MOUNT. ALL EVOLVES.