Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Harden ward got buffed last patch and now enables broken builds.

Dr.NRG
Dr.NRG
✭✭✭✭
I had a hard time beliving this my self at first until it was shown to me. ZOS actually buffed harden ward to a point that you can make the tankiest dps builds ever on this. Yes you cannot really shield stack anymore but the shield you are getting now is extremely tough to break if your toon is build correctly. I duelled one of these build and couldn’t believe it; My NB 4k weap dmg with 10k pen 56% crit chance and 80% crit dmg could not touch this guys health and he had no problem killing me. Tehn to test I brought a damage dk tank with 30k resistance accross the board and still it took the guy under 10 seconds to kill me.
I might be not the best pvp but I consider myself pretty good as I can effectively 1vx and win most duells. That guy however was a low rank casuall pvper just running a broken build. He coulnd even animation cancel correctly. So why is this possible? It shouldnt be....
I really dont mind if shields are op but it should not be so easy to recast. After last patch you now have 3 types of mag sorcs, the ones that cant handle the last patch and who now die instantly, pets sorcs who are a whole other issue besides the facts named, and then these unkillable dps sorcs that hit like a truck. It is just a matter of time for them other sorcs to figure this build out. Also they will get even more buffs this coming patch due to race and cp changes.
I would suggest to make them a lot more costly and/ or increase costs on recasts.

• Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No info given on the build, just that it killed you so it must be OP and broken. PVP logic.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm..

Care to share anything more other than that you think shields are broken? I mean I'm ready to be convinced but your post doesn't say anything about what is actually broken. As such it is as meaningful as any other nerf thread.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will figure it out anyways. If there is something expose it
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    No info given on the build, just that it killed you so it must be OP and broken. PVP logic.
    Its not just one build that works that way. You will run across it in pvp or duels tho. Also I will defiently not share anything about how to do it since it is first of all obviouse and secondly I dont want zergling to read this and then spec into this build or spread it.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riiiggghhhtttt.....I believe you. Since I play Mag Sorc I know how true it is what you say. /S
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    Its not just one build that works that way. You will run across it in pvp or duels tho. Also I will defiently not share anything about how to do it since it is first of all obviouse and secondly I dont want zergling to read this and then spec into this build or spread it.

Then what is the point of this thread?
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭

Call the nerf police! A pvper has been the victim of death, some build must pay for this! The court of public outrage is now in session.

The fact that you assume he's a casual because you don't see him animation canceling is also hilarious as is your assumption that someone 'beneath' you killing you means they're using a broken build. That may be his 100th account, he may be the reincarnation of Sypher, you may just be terrible. The world will never know. But I now fully expect hardened ward to be nerfed to 8% max health in today's patch. Judgement is final.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is not a valid concern. If it is truly broken the zerglings will get it as soon as it goes live and one of a dozen players with youtube posts a build with it. If you wan't it fixed you actually need to post it here and now while there is still time for it to get fixed and complaints to be heard. Other players need to be able to test what you claim in order to prove the efficacy thereof.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Own wrote: »
    All I am saying is that shields get all your buffs now. Since it is easy on mag sorc to sustain it also very easy to almost capping your resistances and at same time have very high dmg. On top of that there are many ways to get buffs such as minor and major protection. You can buff your shields to a point that it has a damage reduction as a blocking target and still hit like a truck
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah that's going to be a no from me dawg
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had a hard time beliving this my self at first until it was shown to me. ZOS actually buffed harden ward to a point that you can make the tankiest dps builds ever on this. Yes you cannot really shield stack anymore but the shield you are getting now is extremely tough to break if your toon is build correctly. I duelled one of these build and couldn’t believe it; My NB 4k weap dmg with 10k pen 56% crit chance and 80% crit dmg could not touch this guys health and he had no problem killing me. Tehn to test I brought a damage dk tank with 30k resistance accross the board and still it took the guy under 10 seconds to kill me.
    I might be not the best pvp but I consider myself pretty good as I can effectively 1vx and win most duells. That guy however was a low rank casuall pvper just running a broken build. He coulnd even animation cancel correctly. So why is this possible? It shouldnt be....
    I really dont mind if shields are op but it should not be so easy to recast. After last patch you now have 3 types of mag sorcs, the ones that cant handle the last patch and who now die instantly, pets sorcs who are a whole other issue besides the facts named, and then these unkillable dps sorcs that hit like a truck. It is just a matter of time for them other sorcs to figure this build out. Also they will get even more buffs this coming patch due to race and cp changes.
    I would suggest to make them a lot more costly and/ or increase costs on recasts.

It killed me! Broken! Op! Nerf it now!

But I won't say what it is, won't show videos, or anything that would help figure out what's wrong, except for one skill. Which, by the way, was not known to be broken...

Good luck on your next duels with this so called noob that totally had you. I'll tell you this... If he can't animation cancel and is abnoob, and you still lost, you kinda probably suck too... Just saying.

Happy week!
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah... Someone lost a duel. Yeah the game must be broken.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I am saying is that shields get all your buffs now. Since it is easy on mag sorc to sustain it also very easy to almost capping your resistances and at same time have very high dmg. On top of that there are many ways to get buffs such as minor and major protection. You can buff your shields to a point that it has a damage reduction as a blocking target and still hit like a truck

Sounds cool, should be possible and please keep the secret I have no problems for people that do a lot of theory crafting to make something really unique and powerfull. It just should be so easily accessable as it was before.

I face enough sorcs in BG's, their shield are still strong I just need to beat the crap out of them to get them killed much fun. Before that last part was just not possible and the shields never went down.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Your best chance IS to share it so devs can fix it, if it is, as you say, broken.

I PROMISE you... If you're not just whining because you suck, ymthis build will become zergling bread and butter for the next three months. PROMISE you.

Disclose to help the devs, there's still time.

• macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a buff dk and nb, disguised as a nerf sorcerer shields thread

Nerf Wardens it’s their fault
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »

Sounds cool, should be possible and please keep the secret I have no problems for people that do a lot of theory crafting to make something really unique and powerfull. It just should be so easily accessable as it was before.

I face enough sorcs in BG's, their shield are still strong I just need to beat the crap out of them to get them killed much fun. Before that last part was just not possible and the shields never went down.

Yeah very true it is mostly easier to kil sorcs now to a point where they have no idea how to deal with the past changes. My issue really is what happends when a youtube picks this up and shares this kind of build (its not really a single build but how to build it). Then we will have sorcs everywhere again, especially since they are getting a huge buff next patch due to race and cp changes.
    Edited by Dr.NRG on February 11, 2019 4:44PM
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah very true it is mostly easier to kil sorcs now to a point where they have no idea hiw to deal with the past changes. My issue really is what happends when a youtube picks this up and shares this kind of build. Then we will sorcs everywhere again, especially since they are getting a huge buff next patch due to race and cp changes.

Can you just share the build so we can pick it apart? It'll be easier to take you seriously. Plus, there's only a max of 1000 people that'll ever see this thread, maybe 300 of those will actually read every reply. 20 of which might actually try the build. 5 of which will use the build. I don't think it'll be too much of an issue of people using it.
    Edited by codestripper on February 11, 2019 4:44PM
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly hilarious how someone who dies to a sorc in 10 seconds as a DK tank thinks their opinion on balance is relevant.

This thread is case in point why the forums are a joke.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine dying to a non-pet mag sorc with capped resistances. On a tanky DK.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah very true it is mostly easier to kil sorcs now to a point where they have no idea how to deal with the past changes. My issue really is what happends when a youtube picks this up and shares this kind of build (its not really a single build but how to build it). Then we will have sorcs everywhere again, especially since they are getting a huge buff next patch due to race and cp changes.

Then share it now and help it be fixed if you don't want me to get the build working for 3 months to totally own you. And I suuuuck at PvP. 😂

Dude.. read about open source coding. It's this same dilemma, on the surface... Share the code and anyone can tamper. But a shared tampered code will also be fixed faster. Same for malwares that go public too... Ill intended people could grab those tibharm others, but the anti malware programs will also be aware if the problems and fix them.

You tell me which "logic" works best, yours, or the one that had be proven time and again to be the solid way to with problem solving?

I'll make a point here in remembering your name to come back to say "I told you so" when these builds start popping up everywhere on day 1 of wrathstone live. Day zero even... Don't be fooled into thinking no one will capitalize on that.

Don't get me wrong though... I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, if this thing actually being broken, but I don't believe you at all. I'm open for you to change my mind but for now, you're just a whining defeated PvPer.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So is knowing how to spell 'obvious' and yet....
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you died to s Sorc on a DK you have bigger problems than shields
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You clearly don't have much experience with sorc, they have among the worst sustain even in all light armor. If a sorc is wearing heavy and speccing into high resistances for the shield benefits, they have zero sustain and hit like a wet noodle. That is why I almost never play sorc anymore, so I have no horse in this race. But the "nerf everything that has ever killed me bc I promise it must be OP just take my word for it" threads have got to stop.
    Edited by Pevey on February 11, 2019 4:53PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Armor master + Necro + Chudan + willpower destro (or master destro), 2 protective + 1 arcane jewelry

Gets you 30k resists in light armor and a really nice shield that you can stack with Harness Magicka.

Very tough to kill and still lethal!
    Edited by brandonv516 on February 11, 2019 4:54PM
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Judging by the overwhelming negative feedback, I sense OP going radio silent soon!

This mystery build will be forever lost, and PvP will be saved from broken build! Until update goes live, that is...
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my theory.
    OP was gone since before Murkmire and just returned, to find that shields take into account armor and spell resistence. While forgetting that they also can be critted on and their max values are stupid low.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • OnlyOnThursday
    OnlyOnThursday
    ✭✭✭✭
    @OP please post your in game name so I can show you how I can do this to you in any class, with or without shields.

I know this because anyone that would post this pile of nonsense, is likely a potato with legs and therefore, imminently easy to kill.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Armor master + Necro + Chudan + willpower destro (or master destro), 2 protective + 1 arcane jewelry

Gets you 30k resists in light armor and a really nice shield that you can stack with Harness Magicka.

Very tough to kill and still lethal!

That's not new, is it? I know a guy running this in one of my guilds. Not this exactly, doesn't run willpower, but similar enough.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its probably some variation on Plague DR and Necropotance... Combine high health and high max magicka for extra tankiness and burst. Maybe do it on a Nord with Pirate Skeleton for a splash of extra trolly resistance.

With the next patch giving 20% more health and max magicka on 5 piece bonuses and food it might be a fun build to play around with.

Playing since beta...
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »

If you died to s Sorc on a DK you have bigger problems than shields

Not really. That dk is is doing more than fine in 1vx where I can kite and keep proccing bloods pawn and heavy attack to sustain. In a duel however when a sorc keeps you loocked down your are buring though your stam spamming forward or rolling. then when you finally reach him he streaks away and you have no stam left and are being locked down again you are pretty much screwed. Its tough to duel cheese with non cheese...
    @ToRelax @CyrusArya