Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Altmer and Dunmer suggestions

danielarvynn1
danielarvynn1
✭✭
DISCLAIMER: I don't have the maths behind my reasoning here but I've done my research and testing, and most importantly, experience. I did my DPS test on a Magicka NIghtblade with Spell Strat, Siroria and Valkyn Skoria against a 6-Million target Dummy. Also I've written this one down in the Megathread so feel free to comment here if I make any sense. :)

When it comes to magicka DD races, Altmer and Dunmer feel lackluster with the changes to their passives. Compared to a Khajiit's 8% Spell Crit bonus, a 258 Spell Damage bonus is not as powerful. Ever since I've been doing 4-man and 12-man activities in ESO, Crit is always king, even after some of the nerfs received, as it scales way better with raid buffs. This would also come in tandem with the recent buff(or un-nerfing) of Shadow Mundus. Even better, Khajiit has a tiny bit of recovery no matter how negligible that is. This makes them a better Dunmer on live servers.

Also the 7% Cost Reduction on Breton is better sustain in comparison to High Elves' recently changed Spell Recharge passive(utter useless) and none to Dark Elves at all. The loss in Spell Damage bonus to Bretons can be made up by using a Berserker enchant, which grants more Spell Damage (with at least 60% uptime) than the bonuses from both Altmer and Dunmer, therefore making them more effective in DPS. On top of that, they can be tank-ier with the resistance buff received.

So what can we do to salvage Altmer and Dunmer?

Altmer:
1. Increase Spell Damage Bonus up to 300
2. Revert Spell Recharge passive from 4.3.2 to 4.3.0, where it will restore whichever is higher. Or better yet, keep the same passive in 4.3.2 but it should be based on Maximum percentage at a given point, instead of the Max Value, i.e. I have 70% Max Magicka and 100% Stamina at the moment, Spell Recharge will restore Magicka; if I have 60% Magicka and 50% Stamina, Spell Recharge will restore stamina. This will be a good balance but I don't think it's game breaking.
3. Since most changes are going with lore, increase Max Magicka Bonus to 2500.

Dunmer:
1. Change Resist Flame to Destructive Ancestry, where Dunmer's would still receive Flame Damage resistance and Burn Immunity, and add an increased 50% chance to Burn enemies (or increase Burn Damage to 50%).
2. Bump Ruination to 270 Weapon and Spell Damage, or increase Dynamic to 2000 Max Magicka and Stamina.

The suggestions that I made above will someone keep most of the races' identity and would still be viable options and more appealing to everyone.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those buffs would make Altmer way too strong.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 11, 2019 9:51AM
  • danielarvynn1
    danielarvynn1
    ✭✭
    hmm I guess so but at least they can compete with Khajiit when it comes to raw power, or Breton with a bit of sustain. At the moment, we just need some defining factors to identify these races.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm I guess so but at least they can compete with Khajiit when it comes to raw power, or Breton with a bit of sustain. At the moment, we just need some defining factors to identify these races.

When it comes to raw power Altmer are on top, followed by Dunmer. Khajiit are dependent on rng and don't have the initial raw power Altmer are offering. The defining factor for Altmer is the highest amount of additional Magicka plus the highest amount of additional Spell damage.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already have very similar raw power as Khajiit though. :/ Even higher than Khajiit in PvP.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of the idea with the changes is balance and the suggestion above is merely suggesting buffing both races to overperform beyond the passives any other class has, stam or mag.

And as MLG stated, it is buffing High Elf far to much. And Seraphyel makes a solid point as well.

You say you have done testing yet you do not provide any information about your testing. I suggest you provide the information from your testing as it may support your claim. Otherwise this is no different than the threads asking for passive buffs just because.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you kidding? Do you know how strong what you suggest is?

Altmer are already top magic dps, you want to give them 50 more spell damage, tonnes of magic regen AND 500 more magica? Why not just make the race immortal too.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give Altmer spell power and dunmer spell/physical penetration
    Edited by gepe87 on February 11, 2019 1:21PM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language