Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

event tickets in crown store

JJBoomer
JJBoomer
✭✭✭✭✭
any idea when this will happening, if indeed it's still happening?
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Note that we are also planning to add Event Tickets to the Crown Store late Q1"
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55477

The article for the Jesters Festival will likely officially announce that Tickets have been added to the Store, as that event will offer more than just the Indrik feathers and berries for Ticket purchase.
    signing off
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? Really? Why? Just play the game.
    These dont need to be sold! WTF?! Is with peoples laziness?!?!

"SHOULD I PLAY THIS GAME? OR JUST KEEP GIVING IT MONEY TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE I PLAY."

DAMNIT, as I was finally liking this game again I go and read this.
    Just canceled my plus again because of this.

I was liking it because there was gonna be stuff to EARN, now any one can just give you guys money and they wont have to grind.

DO NOT PUT EVENT TICKETS ON THE CROWN STORE.
    LET SOMETHING IN THIS GAME NOT BE BUYABLE WITH REAL CURRENCY
    Edited by Paazhahdrimaak on February 10, 2019 5:33PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"SHOULD I PLAY THIS GAME? OR JUST KEEP GIVING IT MONEY TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE I PLAY."

I was liking it because there was gonna be stuff to EARN, now any one can just give you guys money and they wont have to grind.

LET SOMETHING IN THIS GAME NOT BE BUYABLE WITH REAL CURRENCY

Its a pay-to-catch-up convenience for new players, so that if people missed all the events from last year and want to collect them all, they arent left hopelessly behind.

Given that we've got 5 Nascent Indriiks plus 16 berries in order to collect them all, plus whatever extras ZOS releases, this is aimed primarily at new players and people who will spend money not to wait.

You can still earn your Indriik.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 10, 2019 5:40PM
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they add tickets to the crown store than everything worth tickets will now have ZERO value.
    So what if they wanna catch up, if you dont start an MMO on opening day thats all your ever doing is catching up.
    I liked my indrik because I earned it the legit way, now someone doesnt even have to do anything except input their card number.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they add tickets to the crown store than everything worth tickets will now have ZERO value.
    So what if they wanna catch up, if you dont start an MMO on opening day thats all your ever doing is catching up.
    I liked my indrik because I earned it the legit way, now someone doesnt even have to do anything except input their card number.

What value did it have to lose?

The indriiks are purely cosmetic, like every other mount in the game.

I mean, sure, technically speaking, time and effort has value. I spent 10 boss fights, 10 dungeon runs, 10 Clockwork City dailies, and 10 new life festival quests to get my Nascent Indriik, give or take a few because of extra tickets.

Oh no. A new player might be able to pay crowns to get the exact same mount that I (and practically everyone else on PC/NA) has. Without having to wait for 40 event tickets worth of events to make up for the ones they missed. How horrible?!

Again, once we go out to needing 5 nascent indriiks to collect them all, we see where providing players with a catch-up mechanism is useful. Sure, some players will buy event tickets and get the new Indriik skin...the first day of the last Festival of the quarter, just like everyone else who got 10 extra tickets from previous events. How horrible?!

I guess I don't see how a pay to catch up convenience is a problem. Maybe its just that I got the Indriik because I liked how it looks rather than because its a status symbol of my efforts in game.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Impresario will have an Indrik pet available during the Jesters Festival event, as well as all ten Cadwell's Weapon Styles that are going to be available through event reward boxes. The Anniversary Event will have 30 Outfit pieces based on Varen, Lyris, Abnur, and Sai.

The point of the Crown Store tickets is if you want a complete set of everything offered from an event you can get everything offered from an event. A lot of people will pick and choose, but some will appreciate not letting RNG make all those choices.

And nobody gives a *** if you cancel ESO+. It doesn't immediately end and you're only punishing yourself once it does.
    signing off
  • Lorel
    Lorel
    LET SOMETHING IN THIS GAME NOT BE BUYABLE WITH REAL CURRENCY!

I second what this guy is saying! Don't put the tickets in the crown store pls!
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorel wrote: »
    LET SOMETHING IN THIS GAME NOT BE BUYABLE WITH REAL CURRENCY!

I second what this guy is saying! Don't put the tickets in the crown store pls!

So you’re saying that people shouldn’t have a second option to get tickets to get a feather/berry, ON TOP OF the pet and motif set that’s already going to waste even more tickets when there’s not going to be enough during the event? Gotcha.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People are looking at this the wrong way: ZOS didn't take an ingame item and started to sell ways to obtain it in the crown store. They added a shiny new mount and pet and other shiny things they usually add exclusively to the crown store, and allowed players to obtain them through in-game means. All they are doing is adding a crown option in addition to that.

This is a lot closer to what the Crown Store should ideally be. It shouldn't be a way to hide all new special pets and Special Effect mounts and unique motifs behind a paywall like they do with all Apex Mounts, ice nixad pets, event Motifs like Frostcaster or Grim Harlequin. It's better this way to make shiny Indrik mounts and pets and unique motifs available with an in-game currency, as well as giving players the option to use crowns as convenience (the same way you can train your mount every day normally or via Crown Store training books if you didn't log in for a week).
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:48PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PetiteFire wrote: »
    Why does it bother people so much? You want to earn the tickets and have the luxury of the free time to do so? Go for it and enjoy. For those who don't have that luxury, they can simply catch up and still enjoy a game they love to play.

I work full-time. I barely have any free time but when I do, playing video games obviously doesn't top my priority list when I have other things that need attending to first. When I do finally settle down to get in a couple of hours gameplay, I don't need someone who's probably sat on the game for 8-15 hours straight demanding something be taken away from me because I 'didn't earn it legit' - Grow up.

I managed to collect 3 feathers last event and was a few tickets short of getting my last feather due to work. This is great news for me because it means if I do miss any tickets, I can just buy the last few I need. I won't be buying ALL the tickets and not earning any full stop, because I actually enjoy earning things and playing the game, but it will just help me out when my work rota is absolutely crazy and I end up missing a few days. But even if people DO buy tickets instead of earning them.. what on earth has it got to do with you and why does it rile you up so much? You got issues, man. Let people do them, you do you.

I agree with you here. They could have easily put all of this into crown crates. So which would you rather have a very expensive rng paywall or something that can be earned in game with a crown option? It really is no worse than bank space upgrades being sold in the crown store. Also you talk about value being lost? What value? It's not like you can trade or sell event tickets. They have no value except time or money it took to get them. That's it.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PetiteFire wrote: »
    Why does it bother people so much? You want to earn the tickets and have the luxury of the free time to do so? Go for it and enjoy. For those who don't have that luxury, they can simply catch up and still enjoy a game they love to play.

I work full-time. I barely have any free time but when I do, playing video games obviously doesn't top my priority list when I have other things that need attending to first. When I do finally settle down to get in a couple of hours gameplay, I don't need someone who's probably sat on the game for 8-15 hours straight demanding something be taken away from me because I 'didn't earn it legit' - Grow up.

I managed to collect 3 feathers last event and was a few tickets short of getting my last feather due to work. This is great news for me because it means if I do miss any tickets, I can just buy the last few I need. I won't be buying ALL the tickets and not earning any full stop, because I actually enjoy earning things and playing the game, but it will just help me out when my work rota is absolutely crazy and I end up missing a few days. But even if people DO buy tickets instead of earning them.. what on earth has it got to do with you and why does it rile you up so much? You got issues, man. Let people do them, you do you.

I agree with you here. They could have easily put all of this into crown crates. So which would you rather have a very expensive rng paywall or something that can be earned in game with a crown option? It really is no worse than bank space upgrades being sold in the crown store. Also you talk about value being lost? What value? It's not like you can trade or sell event tickets. They have no value except time or money it took to get them. That's it.

Exactly! I don't see the problem with someone spending money to supplement their event tickets earned in game, or to catch up if they just started playing at some point during this year.

And, if someone were actually to get all mounts with tickets (or even just one), it's a foolish way to do it when you can earn them relatively easily in-game. Of course, some players' schedules will prevent them from easily getting some of the tickets, which is where the CS comes in. But, the point is, buying even one, not to mention all, with event tickets will be a waste of cash.

Of course, we don't know yet how much an event ticket will cost. I'm guessing they will be at least 100 Crowns. If at that price, just one mount would cost you 8,000 crowns (10 tickets x 4 feathers + 10 tickets x 4 berries x 100 crowns/ticket). Now, they could be cheaper, but I doubt they'd be less than 50 crowns (4,000 crowns total). Therefore, if someone wanted to buy an Indrik outright, let them - they'd just be wasting their crowns while I got it entirely for free.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to getting tickets in the store. And don't get me wrong, I'd love to obtain them in a way that doesn't involve money, but my main problem with that is that I'm locked into getting only two of the stupid things a day. Let me spend a free Saturday grinding my butt off if that's how I choose to get them, don't lock me into having to log in every 20-ish hours and do some garbage, throwaway task I wouldn't otherwise care at all about.

That's not fun. That's a job. I already have a job - and when I get paid, I'm buying my tickets.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't bother me that it's there. If I couldn't play enough I'd be glad to at least have some way to catch up.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m bothered by the fact that ZOS has officially monetized player effort and participation....and as a result, redefined what they consider cosmetic or convenience items. I get that people need a catch up method but dang if I doesn’t suck to have a price tag on time you spent participating in special events.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m bothered by the fact that ZOS has officially monetized player effort and participation....and as a result, redefined what they consider cosmetic or convenience items. I get that people need a catch up method but dang if I doesn’t suck to have a price tag on time you spent participating in special events.

If that's the case, they already monetized bag space, mount training, research traits, leveling up, and all manner of motifs available from player effort and participation.

The Indriik is available through in-game means by participating in events. That hasn't changed. Players who fully participate in all the events have (so far) been able to keep up with the grind. Midyear Mayhem gave 22 tickets max and Morrowind 24 tickets max, so in both cases players who grind in game can get enough tickets to buy the feather and berry meeded to make a new nascent Indriik and evolve it, not counting any extra tickets they may have had from 2018.

As long as ZOS continues to make it possible to keep up with full participation in events, the Crown Store tickets are just a pay to catch up mechanism for new and impatient players. If that changes, yeah, I'll have a problem with it. Right now, it's just another "pay to shorten the grind" item.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry; I don't think offering tickets in the store devalues the indrik I earned by playing. Honestly, I'm rather pleased. I *loathe* pvp and I won't participate. I am not competitive, don't care if anyone else can kill me, and don't really see the point in wasting time in an activity I hate. Any tickets connected to pvp events are, by my own choice, not available to me. The last pvp event? I totally skipped that. I had enough time to get enough "extra" tickets from the prior non-pvp event to let me buy the feather as soon as the pvp event started. I may not have enough time to double up the next time; being able to buy the tickets is a nice convenience.

Being able to either earn the indrik/berries to evolve the indrik/get a second indrik/any/all combinations of it is great. Being able to catch up if RL circumstances or personal preferences don't let you earn the items by playing is great. Being able to get exactly what you want and decide how you want to get it is great. Finding out the neat new mount is locked in the crates so you have no control over which version you get, and you have no choice but to use money to do so? Not great.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If that's the case, they already monetized bag space, mount training, research traits, leveling up, and all manner of motifs available from player effort and participation.

The Indriik is available through in-game means by participating in events. That hasn't changed. Players who fully participate in all the events have (so far) been able to keep up with the grind. Midyear Mayhem gave 22 tickets max and Morrowind 24 tickets max, so in both cases players who grind in game can get enough tickets to buy the feather and berry meeded to make a new nascent Indriik and evolve it, not counting any extra tickets they may have had from 2018.

As long as ZOS continues to make it possible to keep up with full participation in events, the Crown Store tickets are just a pay to catch up mechanism for new and impatient players. If that changes, yeah, I'll have a problem with it. Right now, it's just another "pay to shorten the grind" item.

I think that's the most important part.
    These tickets were meant to be earned on a leisurely pace, through normal event participation. Or at least that's the gist I got from all communication regarding the Indriks/tickets so far. Now that the tickets will be available in the CS, I can't help but shake the feeling that before long, I'll have to grind the events to be able to enjoy all possible rewards. I wouldn't be surprised if the needed amount of tickets during each quarter, quickly outgrows the amount that is freely earned during that same time. Hoping I'm wrong though!
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the people who said this is a nice catch-up mechanism for those who can't play enough during events to get all of the tickets that way.

So far I've been able to get enough tickets (partially because I'm only planning to get 2 evolved indriks so I'm not worried about being "behind" on feathers) but I have missed parts of some of the events and it's entirely possible I will miss an entire event at some point. I have no control over that - I can't reschedule my work or even family events to fit ESO's schedule, even if I wanted to. So it's nice to know there is an alternative to missing tickets.

Maybe it helps that I found out about the indriks when they were datamined and there was no info on how they'd be obtained, so I was prepared to pay for them and just hoping they wouldn't be in crown crates. So finding out I could earn them in-game is a nice surprise for me and paying for tickets is back to what I expected. Rather than seeing it as my reward for being online during the events and then finding out some people may not know that's how I got mine because there's an alternative.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH event tickets can only be used to buy vanity items so meh.

If people buy them resulting In less competition for nodes, motifs and less area lag for events so much the better.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good reason to cancel, hehehehe
    Send all stuff that you cannot carry since you do not have craft bag anymore.
  • DarqueArtifex
    So when you buy it in the crown store, is it only one event ticket? Because if so, that's ridiculous to spend 250 crowns on one ticket.
    ━━━━━━━━◂☽✟☾▸━━━━━━━━
    "ˢʷᵉᵉᵗ ᴹᵒᵗʰᵉʳ˒ ˢʷᵉᵉᵗ ᴹᵒᵗʰᵉʳ˒ ˢᵉᶰᵈ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶜʰᶤˡᵈ ᵘᶰᵗᵒ ᵐᵉ˒
    ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᶤᶰˢ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵘᶰʷᵒʳᵗʰʸ ᵐᵘˢᵗ ᵇᵉ ᵇᵃᵖᵗᶤᶻᵉᵈ ᶤᶰ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ᵃᶰᵈ ᶠᵉᵃʳˑ"
    ━━━━━━━━◂☽✟☾▸━━━━━━━━
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when you buy it in the crown store, is it only one event ticket? Because if so, that's ridiculous to spend 250 crowns on one ticket.

It's just one ticket. 3000 crowns for a full set of 12.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »

It's just one ticket. 3000 crowns for a full set of 12.

Which gets you only ONE feather.... 10000 crowns for an Indrik :o