Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Small River-Side Cottage Idea

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone,
Just wanted your opinion on a small house idea. I was thinking about a kind of small cottage type house with a couple rooms, nice and cosy. I'd want this to be placed by a river with a watermill just to get that real feel of peace and quiet by the river. I've got some pics of how I think it would be.lm7a3vlh4e5w.jpg
z7chysshz0kg.jpg
ydts4ker4xlc.jpg
84uz735zu1sa.png
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The small houses are incredibly lacking IMO. They make giant homes all the time for the whales, but I don’t have that kind of time. I want more interesting smallish homes like this, especially a snowy cottage with a small garden area.
    Edited by Draxys on February 10, 2019 9:54PM

rip decibel
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been asking for that a farm with barn and ranch with stables all 3 medium sized
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been asking for that a farm with barn and ranch with stables all 3 medium sized

That would be cool lol
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    The small houses are incredibly lacking IMO. They make giant homes all the time for the whales, but I don’t have that kind of time. I want more interesting smallish homes like this, especially a snowy cottage with a small garden area.

Yeah i see all these huge houses which come out, I just want a small cosy place which I want to to just sit in and relax while listening to ESO's soundtrack
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Know with eht addon there’s so much you can do in homes I’d love those three homes as medium sized homes also some more types of cold harbor empty lots. I’d love a desert, snow , woods theme lots with some themes back drops
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    Just wanted your opinion on a small house idea. I was thinking about a kind of small cottage type house with a couple rooms, nice and cosy. I'd want this to be placed by a river...

Conceptually I love the idea. There's not a lot of waterside housing. It's one of the things I like about Sleek Creek.

Difficult to implement though with housing being instanced. There needs to be fencing or a beach time situation where slaughterfish can take care of would be intruders or the river needs to be an enclosed part of the property.

It could work if the house was right up against the edge of a map and there a little bit of river leading to a waterfall. Wouldn't need to be a huge waterfall. Just big enough that players couldn't jump up to the house area.
    They make giant homes all the time for the whales, but I don’t have that kind of time. I want more interesting smallish homes like this, especially a snowy cottage with a small garden area.

I don't know that it's only for the whales.

Since there's little practical advantage to housing and what advantage there is - the storage coffers - requires a biggish house (for a non-subscriber) because of both the coded limit and just physical space for them, the game encourages you to go big.

And there's the effort factor. It being largely cosmetic it's the kind of thing many players might think "I'll try it once, and will reserve that effort for when I can afford something big."
    The small houses are incredibly lacking IMO.

Personally I think the problem is up the other end.

Presently there's only in-game purchasable (i.e. with gold) manors in 4 of the 9 playable race styles. Plus the Psijic Villa which arguably covers altmer - though personally I prefer the Auridon architectural style to Summerset's and hope there'll be another.

There could be a lot of players feeling very left out by that.
  • wodkamanostrab16_ESO
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    Just wanted your opinion on a small house idea. I was thinking about a kind of small cottage type house with a couple rooms, nice and cosy. I'd want this to be placed by a river...

Conceptually I love the idea. There's not a lot of waterside housing. It's one of the things I like about Sleek Creek.

Difficult to implement though with housing being instanced. There needs to be fencing or a beach time situation where slaughterfish can take care of would be intruders or the river needs to be an enclosed part of the property.

It could work if the house was right up against the edge of a map and there a little bit of river leading to a waterfall. Wouldn't need to be a huge waterfall. Just big enough that players couldn't jump up to the house area.

What I don't like about Sleek Creek is the big wall which goes directly through the creek, it totally ruins the vibe of that house. In a possible Watermill house they could add an invisible wall in the river and put some slaughterfish in it. The backside of the house could be blocked off with a mountain.
    Possible spots for that house could be in Wrothgar, Stormhaven and Eastmarch, maybe upper Craglorn? Architecture could be in Breton, Imperial, Orc or Nord style.
    PC EU
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium houses with the 600 item limit seem to be the most lacking. And those should still hold 24 players. I'd love to see some homes like the OP suggested, especially in the more rustic Summerset style. I've been incredibly disappointed with housing of late.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't like about Sleek Creek is the big wall which goes directly through the creek, it totally ruins the vibe of that house.

There are crocodiles in the river outside. The big wall and grate is realistic. I'd love to see an occasional croc swim by but the water component is my fave thing about the house. Not a big fan of the house itself though.

Given the khajiit island went nowhere I suspect that style is not much loved.
    In a possible Watermill house they could add an invisible wall in the river and put some slaughterfish in it.

I considered them but dismissed them myself.

I can't recall encountering them in other rivers. Only the ocean. I vaguely recall reading that they're in Cyrodiil rivers but not everyone PvPs.

If players are aware of them as an ocean hazard and suddenly there's an exception, it could make them grumpy.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep', a vote from me for sure. I like small homes.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a river you say? Yes I’d love that.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just. Thought but with the eht addon you can add water to homes or the illusion of water that is. Here’s a pic of a pond in Linchal and the frozen lake effect in pinnacle which I placed over the river
    2d39wqaal67i.jpeg
    peazzuw1ns3c.jpeg
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/447659/customize-your-home-with-3d-essential-effects-tm-beta-from-essential-housing-tools#latest
    Edited by Krainor1974 on February 13, 2019 3:26PM