The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The Research Problem

Daemon55
Daemon55
Soul Shriven
Let me just start this by stating that I do not enjoy crafting. Not just this game but in any game. It’s just not fun to me. I am currently working on leveling my crafting though to be able to craft sets for my characters.
I think that the Research system needs some work. The length of time it take to research one trait is ridiculous. Add to that the fact that for some reason I have to research the same trait again for another piece of the same armor type. Not only that but researching destroys the item without giving me any mats back or giving me the xp to I’d get from deconstructing it.
I think that if I research a trait on a piece of medium gear that trait should be unlocked for medium armor as well as grant decent xp for researching and mats for destroying a piece of gear. It would really reduce the grind that leveling crafting is.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's intended to be a grind. If you research all traits for Blacksmithing, Woodworking and Clothier, it will take more than a year, and so you'll be playing (and subscribing for the craft bag) all that time.

Training your riding skills will take six months on each character. Crafting only needs to be done on one character for an account, as they can make things for the rest of the team. And in each case, once complete, it doesn't need any more work. ZOS hope that by that time you're sufficiently invested to continue.

Equipping your character is more of a grind. You need to build up through crafted sets that let you perform enough to get dungeon sets, that let you get trials sets ...

It's an MMO, expect to grind.

Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no research problem. I am 9/9 in all crafts with all traits and I did it before there were any research scolls. Just pony up and serve your time.

Many of us have done our time you are not entiled to any shortcuts.
    Edited by Skwor on February 9, 2019 11:33PM
    Options
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lock down one item of each trait you need, so you can research it later.
    Decon until you hit craft level 50.
    Unlock the research passives.
    Research your items 3 at a time, starting with the ones you're most likely to use.
    Profit.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
    Options
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it that way. It really felt like an achievement. I'd rather say make crafting more viable with the amount of time put into it. The effort isnt so high though.. nobody should become a master crafter over night
    PC-EU @lientier
    Options
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings, because this topic exists in two locations we have decided to close this one as the other has more comments associated.

Please the this topic to continue this discussion.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.