Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Take my money (2019) : What housing items/upgrades would you throw money at?

• swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    A furniture bag! (or more appropriately named, "warehouse") Its time consuming and cumbersome to use valuable homes we want to decorate for just furniture storage, never mind the grind to just find an item in any of them. Luckily we have an addon made by @R_K/@Cardinal05, DecoTrack to find our items in our many homes. Still have to travel to several homes to retrieve the items and also the waste of having several storage homes I would rather decorate. We buy homes with hundreds of bound items, even when unfurnished. We cannot decon them or sell them, never mind the collection of lux items and other collections, *cough* (hoardings) for future builds. This would be first and foremost on my wish list for Housing. Second would be increased item cap for Notable homes. Some of us have many 100$+ homes irl money and pay a sub. I've 26 homes myself and know many with many more. I do throw my money already. Just want it more functional. Please include this in sub as you do craft bag. I've thousands of furniture items and wish to use them. DECORATING HAS BECOME AS DAUNTING AS CRAFTING WITHOUT A CRAFT BAG. It keeps me from making purchases of further homes and furniture packs as I'm tired of spending my money to buy homes to store the furniture I purchased, just to be daunted by not being able to enjoy them and decorate them as intended.
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    swankery wrote: »
    A furniture bag! (or more appropriately named, "warehouse") Its time consuming and cumbersome to use valuable homes we want to decorate for just furniture storage, never mind the grind to just find an item in any of them. Luckily we have an addon made by @R_K/@Cardinal05, DecoTrack to find our items in our many homes. Still have to travel to several homes to retrieve the items and also the waste of having several storage homes I would rather decorate. We buy homes with hundreds of bound items, even when unfurnished. We cannot decon them or sell them, never mind the collection of lux items and other collections, *cough* (hoardings) for future builds. This would be first and foremost on my wish list for Housing. Second would be increased item cap for Notable homes. Some of us have many 100$+ homes irl money and pay a sub. I've 26 homes myself and know many with many more. I do throw my money already. Just want it more functional. Please include this in sub as you do craft bag. I've thousands of furniture items and wish to use them. DECORATING HAS BECOME AS DAUNTING AS CRAFTING WITHOUT A CRAFT BAG. It keeps me from making purchases of further homes and furniture packs as I'm tired of spending my money to buy homes to store the furniture I purchased, just to be daunted by not being able to enjoy them and decorate them as intended.

Amen!
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A simple, non-descript pre-built wooden stable-esque roofing structure.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat, with crowns.

I use Orcish Canopy, Shingled and Orcish Tent, Shingled for this.(ask a guildie to craft, or if in zone mention you will supply mats and a tip) If you want a larger, full-size stable, it is sadly lacking.

The problem for me is that I can't stand the look of those Orc shelters.

Certainly, they don't match the Cyrodilic Jungle House at all.

I'm quite the purist in my designs. I'll basically only use matching racial + generic items.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    More functional furniture like storage, target dummies that give more information than just DPS, buff bots and ultimate generators for dummy tests.

Also more daedric stuff, more blood fountains.

Floors that are coded such that AoEs don't go through them.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love a small building plot, like Coldharbour or Hunter's Glade, but a fraction of the size! I would also like more musical instruments, more books (open ones in various sizes) And also some more water, like bigger waterfalls and streams, but also just a pool of water to make ponds etc. In my houses.

Obviously an item limit increase, which is greatly needed in many of the larger homes! And pots filled with earth, or just a variety of sizes of earth patches, to be able to place into containers or areas. Oooh! And those little mushrooms you see at alchemists all over Tamriel! Then we need weapons and clothing items to place in our homes, which I think are things that should have been in housing from the start, it is really odd that those things are not! And more building materials! Walls in various styles as well as lengths! And more fountains! There are just too many things to list them all, I could write an essay! :sweat_smile:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayshrines.
    But sadly, when I've been working on my fast travel addon, I've realized that it seems to be quite difficult and tricky to implement them as a furniture. From what I've seen in game's API, the game's fast travel system is kind of "hardcoded" - programmers' term which mean that some part of a programm is made as a construction of bricks and concrete and it can't be easily changed nor modified, it's not a flexible material. Wayshrines in the game are a predefined array of objects, and each of them has it's predefined place and individual number. Sure, they can do that, but looking at how long it took them to make text search in guild store, I don't expect wayshrines as a furniture in near future. Though they could just add a wayshrine functionality to a house entrance, it's a way easier, but it's not a monetizable thing.
    Edited by Ermiq on February 8, 2019 8:05PM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Flares
    Flares
    ✭✭✭
    An option to pay for more slots
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as much as I would love writ boards and shipment crates as furnishings, I can see why they won't do them. capital cities need to stay populated, the game will feel empty if no one left their homes :p but I would love it if getting the explorer achievement gave you a wayshrine furnishing you could use inside the house. This has been asked for a lot, but MANNEQUINS!! let us have mannequins we can swap gear with. No need to swap weapons cuz dual wield vs 1 handers would be weird with inventory spacing. Either let us swap with them, or let them be basically like the player inventory, and we equip them piece by piece with gear and can insta swap in the equip menu. Interactable door furnishings like in fang lair!
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lights/candles/chandeliers that are red or other colors. Candles and chandeliers that actually light up areas like they do in the game. Aside from a select few items, the light sources we have access to are nothing like their counterparts in the actual game world which often give off a red or orange glow instead of the yellow like candles do now. There's just no way to light up areas of your house like areas in the game are lit because of how limited light sources are in their (one) color.

The dark brotherhood candles should glow red like they do in the sanctuary, but in your house they're yellow like every other candle. What's the point? All houses end up lit almost exactly the same because there's no real variety here.

Also, SKYBOXES. Rift had skyboxes. We could pick from all kinds of different types of skies to pick from--dark, light, overcast, green, pitch black, stars in the sky, galaxies in the sky, anything you could think of we pretty much had access to. ESO housing desperately needs skyboxes. I don't own any houses which are mostly outdoor areas because I prefer it to be night, but the night cycle in ESO is sooooooo short (like 4 hours out of the day?) that it's almost never dark.
    Edited by ecru on February 10, 2019 11:10AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Xylthax
    Xylthax
    ✭✭✭
    My number 1 furnishing request would be the armour/weapon racks, even just loose weapons I can put on a blacksmith table would be a step in the right direction.

Having read this thread, I'd also agree with the skybox idea, and I'd like a wider variety in music boxes as well, I play a dunmer character, and want dunmer music in my home.

More super-important stuff that should really be in the game would include the bank merchant furnishing becoming an actual bank merchant where you can access the guild bank from him etc, and of course, higher furnishing item limits.

Finally, thanks for implementing storage in housing! I was waiting ages and it's amazing! :)
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would pay gor more furniture slots and, perhaps, for mementos as furnishing items.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would pay gor more furniture slots and, perhaps, for mementos as furnishing items.

Mementos as furnishings would be cool. I really wish some stolen treasures were furnishing items. It would be a weird collection but I would fill an entire home with stolen treasures.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wayshrine
    Mannequins
    Weapon plaques
    Bookshelves you can place library furniture books in hand have them be interactable
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option to dye furnishings! I'm soooo tired of how limited things are because X style furniture only comes in ONE color. I would gladly pay real money to BUY A SCROLL that unlocks this ability. Do NOT nickel and dime me to death per furnishing piece. I'd cheerfully pony up 5 or 6k crowns for this "privilege."

I would NOT buy "extra" furnishing slots! THAT is a QoL upgrade they needed to give us to START with. Over 2 years later I am not about to pay for it.

I WOULD pay for a "gardener's scroll" that unlocks the plans for a region's fauna. Trees, flowers, shrubs, you name it. I'd even be cool with these scrolls being per region and the DLC and Chapter scrolls being more expensive than the base game scrolls. Just let me MAKE the darned plants and trees I need already!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »
    1)[/

2) Cellars. A placeable door you could place anywhere on the ground that would load you into a small extra room (Think like the homes with exterior/interior quick loads). Great for adding additional rooms, and the placeable aspect of it allows you to choose where.

Could technically also do this with just regular doors that place onto walls instead of Floors for an addable small room as well. Naturally the rooms would come available in all the currently available architectural styles. (Ex. Hlaalu Cellar, Nord Cellar, Alinor Cellar etc.) Could be limited to one per House to avoid any load/lag issues.

THIS I would pay for. The ability to ADD ROOMS! HOWEVER, each of those rooms would HAVE to have its own furniture item slot count! And it would have to be DECENT! 200 items at least. Yes, THAT I would pay for.

• SerpentbreeD
    SerpentbreeD
    ✭✭✭
    Flavour NPCs. Bards, dancers, stablehands, maids, barkeeps and chefs. I'd also like to see our assistants wander around the house a bit. Or at the very least roam around whatever room they're placed in and interact with furniture.
    The path to enlightenment is paved with the corpses of the mindless.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Flavour NPCs. Bards, dancers, stablehands, maids, barkeeps and chefs. I'd also like to see our assistants wander around the house a bit. Or at the very least roam around whatever room they're placed in and interact with furniture.

This! Also with alts, as has been suggested many times. That would be neat! Specially if the could be set to play an emote or do something more than standing idle (though if they did only that I´d still want to place one or two in my home).
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    swankery wrote: »
    DECORATING HAS BECOME AS DAUNTING AS CRAFTING WITHOUT A CRAFT BAG.

^^this. I'm up to 4 storage homes now. Porting around various homes to get decorating supplies really takes the joy out of decorating. And as Swankery said, we would like to be using those homes properly, not as storage warehouses.
    Edited by Emathides on February 18, 2019 7:00PM
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I'd like to see: Larger Dunmeri Ash Pits/Gardens as typically found in Ancestral Tombs & various Temples across Vvardenfell.

Examples from In-Game assets already:
    czyi72mo79hi.png
    u9m7rru85x8j.png
    gbp8dnm5euqt.png

So far the only one I could find was this one https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/dark-elf-ash-garden-familial/ but it's quite small & the pillar in the middle detracts from it a bit in my opinion.
    Edited by Vehlir on March 19, 2019 1:11AM
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the Murkmire house gave me a lot of what I had been waiting for.

Now, I'd love to have more and easier options to make different types of stairs, I guess. More building material generally speaking.

And of course, a way to increase the limit of pets and mounts in a house, even if it means decreasing everything else.
    Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • I want to sleep in my bed for a buff.
    • I want my other characters and NPC characters to roam aimlessly around the house or sit/stand/lay somewhere I tell them to. I want to choose what they are wearing, how they emote and what personality they use.
    • I want my house cats to wander, jump on tables and beds, and just generally behave like cats.
    • I want there to be a storage locker for all my furnishings within the housing UI.
    • I want plots for gardening.
    • I want the NPCs currently available to be upgraded to have everything a normal NPC has. The banker should also let you access your guild stuff. The fence should let you launder... etc. I desperately want new skins for these NPCs. A lot of them.
    • I want more reasonable furnishing limits, especially for larger homes.
    • I want sheets of running water and flurries of snow.
    • I want a board for undaunted dailies and for crafting writs and crafting writ turn ins.
    • I want new furnishing recipes to drop in older zones, because I've near cleaned these places out already and I want to be excited about looting in these areas again.
    • I want more Nord furnishing items; there just doesn't seem to be that many.
    • I want hostile NPCs and a way to assign chests and urns and containers to be lootable by other players (can I create dungeons too, please?).
    • I want to be able loot containers such as urns and barrels and trunks in my homes, as well, with a limit of maybe only 40 a day per account? The loot tables should match the style of container.
    • I want Morrowind furnishing recipes to occasionally drop in all Dark Elf territories, Summerset furnishing recipes to occasionally drop in all High Elf territories, you get what I'm saying here.
    • Honestly, I just want every cool thing you could possibly give us, and I want it yesterday :relieved::heart:
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Swimming pools! Swimming ponds.

Shiny swimming pools like in the Mad Architect group dungeon.
    Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The ability to buy more furniture slots with crows/gems;

2. Giant Camp bonfire

3. Viking-like longships for large homes with access to large bodies of water

4. Writ boards or equivalent NPC in house

5. More stained glass windows

6. Ability to make custom paintings from screenshots taken in-game.

7. Ability to make statues of you and your friends too.

That is all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there's more.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okey dokey, for what its worth I shall shout into great unhearing wind and list my own hopes and dreams for housing!

- houses with separate interior and exterior cells that allow 700 slots for outside and 700 slots for inside
    - More small and medium size homes
    - More empty plots for us to build our own homes. Coldharbour is too dark and sinister.
    - More 1-piece clutter items (dining settings, clutter filled shelves, containers prefilled with flowers etc.)
    - More structural items (Summerset was a great start but we still have a long way to go)
    - NPC's for our homes (bards, stewards, spouses etc.)

These are my basic requests. The big game changers though, would be as follows;
    We need better communication with the housing dev team. I really think we need something similar to the class rep program for housing. @TwIsTeDReDQuEeN created a good thread discussing this here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/460264/would-you-like-to-see-future-homestead-reps-included-in-the-class-community-reps-program#latest

The second major thing that is needed is for ZOS to implement the work of modders that have already produced so many of the needed system changes. Lets be honest, what I am talking about here is EHT. @R_K has done incredible work to develop tools that hugely improve the housing experience and I have yet to see anybody from ZOS acknowledge this work. It baffles me that when somebody has created this many features why ZOS wouldn't be beating down his door to find a way to have a discussion on how to integrate this work into the system!!
    (to be fair, I'm open to correction on this point. Maybe ZOS do communicate with Cardinal but I certainly haven't seen any dev or community manager comment on any of his posts on this forums. I would love to see a post from a ZOS saying 'we are looking at ways to implement some of these add-ons')

All that said, I think its important to say that even as it stands at the moment, housing in ESO is one of the best implemented systems I have seen in ANY game! I have never seen any other game that delivers the balance of accesability and adaptability as well as ESO. I mean, for a system that is easy to use, you can create completely bespoke houses with relatively few barriers. I just think sometimes it's important to point out that for all the things we want to see improved, there is a huge amount that they have gotten so very right!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

2. Giant Camp bonfire
    <snip>

2 exists - the New Life Bonfire (achievement furnishing), or theRieker bonfire (Luxury Furnisher). Both are very large - taller than most toons.

6 - Essential Housing tools has paitings with most of the loading screens in-game, but not custom.

Also, as a reminder - this thread is what you will PAY REAL MONEY for. Yes, housing deserves a LOT more love than it's getting. This thread is intended as capitalist motivation for ZOS to provide features the housing community wants.
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. Giant Camp bonfire
    <snip>

2 exists - the New Life Bonfire (achievement furnishing), or theRieker bonfire (Luxury Furnisher). Both are very large - taller than most toons.

6 - Essential Housing tools has paitings with most of the loading screens in-game, but not custom.

Also, as a reminder - this thread is what you will PAY REAL MONEY for. Yes, housing deserves a LOT more love than it's getting. This thread is intended as capitalist motivation for ZOS to provide features the housing community wants.

Actually, you can totally request that custom paintings be added to Essential Housing Tools using the form Cardi provided in this forum post:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/462516/want-a-custom-essential-effect-of-your-own-design#latest

Several people, including myself, have already done so - my request was a few pics of my main story character with a certain Golden Knight. Here is a pic of her standing in front of them, as displayed inside her house:
    unknown.png

• swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    g9z8l16ahikz.png The pipe.
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    The apple trees.
    The red coloured trees in Auridon.
    the maroon trees/red trees in Summerset.
    The wysteria in summerset (the ones on the trellis and the ones that are trees)
    Wooden fences that are used in the game for animal pens or just to fence an area off
    Wooden/stone platforms/walls thin enough to use as floors/walls and that dont have holes/gaps.
    Rocks for the Reapers March Home Goods Furnisher. big/medium ones not just pebbles.
    More vines with flowers.

And for houses I would like some empty plots of land located in Tamriel. Preferably some with water.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. Giant Camp bonfire
    <snip>

I have the New Life Bonfire, but it is small compared to the Giant Camp bonfire (even though it is as tall as my Nord). It'd be nice to have the largest option available to us to fill my gigantic firepit I built in one of my homes :D Then I wouldn't need 7-8 New Life bonfires....
  • Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭
    - Premade smaller buildings. Sheds, stables, workshops, guest houses, tree houses and other slot-savers.

- Ability to use more (ideally, all) pets. Make them regular items instead of special. Yes, they are animated, but so are a lot of CWC machinery. And yet I can put all machinery I have in, but cannot be crazy cat lady for some reason.

I would buy a lot more pets if I could use them in my house. But as it is now, there's no point in buying more horses, goats, pigs and dogs if you cannot make a farm with them.

- Patches of vegetables/crops and flower meadows. I can make pumpkin patch or wheat field or flower bed now, but it will take a lot of the precious item slots.

So 'carpets' of wheat, corn, various flowers, pumpkins and squashes, moonsugar, saltrice and patches of tomato and grapes bushes (they exist in the game already!) would be most welcome.

- Beehives. Again, assets exist in the game. Why cannot we have them?

I just really want a farm. But atm there's no point in getting suitable big home (like Dawnshadow) for it. Cannot be built with current item/pet limits.

- Musical instruments. Had to move out of Sleek Creek as main residence because loading screen kept taunting me with the lute.

- Vanity table items. There are several hand mirrors and combs in game, and yet none of them are available to players.

- Toys - stuffed, wooden, carved out of stone etc. I know there's no kids in game, but there's a cradle furnishing, so there's a potential to build kids' room. And yet we only have a skeevaton that can pass as a wind-up toy.

- Toilets/chamber pots. I use various items for this purpose, and with Alinor furnishings I could build a proper porcelain throne, but having actual items for this purpose would be nice.

- 'Sleep' button for beds. Similar to 'sit' for chairs. Yes, you can jump on top of the bed and type /sleep, but 1) it is a pain to position properly and 2) impossible with fancy beds with curtains, because you cannot get under the curtains. So a button that would automatically position a character in the bed would be a good solution.

- Filled kitchen/pantry/stockroom shelves. Right now making well-stocked kitchen can take like half the slots. So if adding more slots is hard, just make filled shelves.

And this can go beyond kitchen. We already have filled bookcases, and they are so good for making libraries look full! So, why not move further? Curio cabinets full of trinkets! Overflowing treasure chests! Tool bench for various professions! And maybe even aquariums!

- Jewelry items. Would look lovely on vanities. Would look fantastic in treasure piles.

- NPCs. At the very least bards who would take song requests. But ideally just npcs of various races (and even daedras and undead) to make houses look more lively.

Just imagine... Pirate cove with outlaws of all sorts and maybe even some sea elves. Farm with workers in the field. Cultist lair with shambling skeletons and daedras. Bar with dancing and drinking patrons. And so on! It would be so much fun!