Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nord proposal

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
posting this for a friend

They would like to see more help for dps nords. Their idea is give nord 1 weapon and spell damage per ulti spent for 5 sec after using ultimate to help the dps.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t think this is really going to happen if your friend wants this for their Nord go get Balorgh monster set it’s basically the same thing as your request and the reason it’s not going to happen
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean if you want to be a dps, be one of the other races. Nord is meant to be a tankier race....
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Nord to be more tankier and get more health,mag and stamina for every ulti used that last until the next ulti used so its 100% uptime.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It might be too strong
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should add consumable alcohol and the more drunk you're the more weapon/spell dmg you get the screen should be very wobbly^^
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ^^

Perfectly fits with the Lore :)
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should add consumable alcohol and the more drunk you're the more weapon/spell dmg you get the screen should be very wobbly^^

Would 100% get on board with this for the LOLs.
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    I mean if you want to be a dps, be one of the other races. Nord is meant to be a tankier race....

but you can play how you want to right? thats what they say
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »

You can put any car you want onto the racetrack that is ESO. Just don't blame anybody but yourself when your VW bus gets passed by a Ferrari.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »

I don't see anything preventing Nords from battling, crafting, fishing, stealing, sieging, or exploring, do you?
    GFiNtHg.jpg
  • Wildbloom
    Wildbloom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think, if it's strong enough, the "5 ult/10 seconds" racial could be used for possible niche builds that would give nords a roundabout way of achieving better dps. Until then, I'll deal with my lesser stats in exchange for my home in Windhelm, my endless need for mead, and my top-tier outfitting possibilities.
    "Hello, Skellington Pal! How are you today? Bone dry, you say? I’d offer you a glass of water, but it’d all fall through! I need more coffee."

ZOS_GinaBruno, patch 5.0.1 PTS patch notes, 4/22/2019
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is never gonna happen but it'd be hilarious to see Nords become the top race for magblade bombers, I gotta admit.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see some attempt on the devs part to make them respectable damage dealers rather than being pigeon holed into only being tanks. As much as I love Nords I'm probably going to swap to Orc next update; they're just too good.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that happened I’d drop Orc for Nord in a second.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, imo, it's better to remove this pigeonholing ultimate generation and give something for damage dealing. It will be both for versatility of race and for removal of "ultimate tank" when other tanks are always be worse.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nord has never meant to be just the “Tankier race”, on previous Elder Scrolls games Nords had bonus to both weapon and ice damage, it was later on Skyrim that they began to screw up the nords stats and on this game completely. Honestly ZOS should simply hive them the same or close enough weapon damage they game orcs and at least a percentage damage boost for ice damage and yes Nords and magic does make sense, the whole Nords vs magic thing is from skyrim after the events of Oblivion and the College of Winterhold incident.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysbriel wrote: »

Nord has never meant to be just the “Tankier race”, on previous Elder Scrolls games Nords had bonus to both weapon and ice damage, it was later on Skyrim that they began to screw up the nords stats and on this game completely. Honestly ZOS should simply hive them the same or close enough weapon damage they game orcs and at least a percentage damage boost for ice damage and yes Nords and magic does make sense, the whole Nords vs magic thing is from skyrim after the events of Oblivion and the College of Winterhold incident.

This game was designed with them in mind as being the tankier race. Don't care about all the lore or games before. In this game, it was designed to be tanky. Therefore, the passives they have is fine. Stop trying to create a mega race that has everything..

Latest Videos:

• gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Massive resistances+ulti+resources? Why more buffs to nords?? Its more than enough
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Massive resistances+ulti+resources? Why more buffs to nords?? Its more than enough

Nords are in a bad spot. They're literally only useful for tanking now. Why would I use a Nord over an Orc? Nords get 3690 resistance, 1500 stam, and 1000 health.

Orcs get 258 weapon damage, 2000 stam, and 1000 health.

As an Orc I could slot chuden + pirate skeleton, and have higher mitigation, and higher damage than I would if I were to slot veli + kena on my Nord.
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea, I wouldnt mind the cd to be shorter on the ulti regen. Nords are missing out on alot of damage and sustain, but the ulti regen is so flat that it can only be considered for tanks in pve content, where your rotation is more layed out. Perhaps let it spike depending on how much damage it procced off, that'd fit the Nords.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B
    Daus wrote: »
    gepe87 wrote: »

Nords are in a bad spot. They're literally only useful for tanking now. Why would I use a Nord over an Orc? Nords get 3690 resistance, 1500 stam, and 1000 health.

Orcs get 258 weapon damage, 2000 stam, and 1000 health.

As an Orc I could slot chuden + pirate skeleton, and have higher mitigation, and higher damage than I would if I were to slot veli + kena on my Nord.

Because you like Nord’s more than orcs? 🤷‍♀️
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea so give nords a potential 500 weapon and spell damage from ultimi, combine that with balorgs and that is op.

Nord passives are fine where they are
    Edited by SoLooney on February 10, 2019 7:45AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord passives gives you more health and resistances, making it more viable to run 7 medium without caring for tankiness. While I agree that it is not on par with best stamina races, I think that it could do well with war machine warden/NB.
    Edited by zvavi on February 10, 2019 8:07AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also would like to see Nord a little more capable at dealing damage, but I don’t think 1/4 of a Balorgh set bonus is going to help. You’re asking for half the damage for half the duration, this works out to about 0.5% DPS.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ever play "*** Rampage"? Good times. :smile:
    Playing since beta...
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This game was designed with them in mind as being the tankier race. Don't care about all the lore or games before. In this game, it was designed to be tanky. Therefore, the passives they have is fine. Stop trying to create a mega race that has everything..

Yeah don't care about all the games before and lore while all other classes have something that resembles previous games and lore just based on well lets make them tanks? its not trying to create a mega race all other races in this game have something beneficial going on for them that make the BiS for every single damm class and build ever said and done including Tanks and nords basically have nothing going on. Lore and previous design hast to be taken in consideration, how can a Dunmer have more weapon damage that a Nord? i can understand if they have more spell damage, perhaps more stamina or regen but damage? if you want to talk about mega race, Argonians are the one race on this game that are in all 3 factions by the bunch cause at least they got good resource management like every other race. A simple weapon damage bonus is not going to make nords a mega race is simply going to make it fair for them both in game design and racial distinction.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah don't care about all the games before and lore while all other classes have something that resembles previous games and lore just based on well lets make them tanks? its not trying to create a mega race all other races in this game have something beneficial going on for them that make the BiS for every single damm class and build ever said and done including Tanks and nords basically have nothing going on. Lore and previous design hast to be taken in consideration, how can a Dunmer have more weapon damage that a Nord? i can understand if they have more spell damage, perhaps more stamina or regen but damage? if you want to talk about mega race, Argonians are the one race on this game that are in all 3 factions by the bunch cause at least they got good resource management like every other race. A simple weapon damage bonus is not going to make nords a mega race is simply going to make it fair for them both in game design and racial distinction.

How the hell would that not make them a mega race? They would then have basically the same stats as an orc but with 4k resistances, cold resistance and ulti gen.
    Thank god the devs dont listen to people like you

Latest Videos:

• Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How the hell would that not make them a mega race? They would then have basically the same stats as an orc but with 4k resistances, cold resistance and ulti gen.
    Thank god the devs dont listen to people like you

My proposal is to remove the ulti gen and replace it with weapon damage not have ulti gen and weapon damage.
    there is nothing that backs Nords having ulti gen, simply put a Nord should be like an Orc without the resources bonus.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nords look pretty damn good imo next patch. Maybe I'm missing something but 4k resis, 0.5s ulti/s and immunity to chilled vs 256 weapon damage, some sprint speed and 500 more stam. Seems pretty damn even to me.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Nords look pretty damn good imo next patch. Maybe I'm missing something but 4k resis, 0.5s ulti/s and immunity to chilled vs 256 weapon damage, some sprint speed and 500 more stam. Seems pretty damn even to me.

Orc also have healing passive and sprint cost reduction. Also nord ulti gen is situationally achievable at 0,5/sec value.

But yeah I agree nord is more or less fine where it is at the moment.
    Edited by Juhasow on February 11, 2019 6:19AM