Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

May I refuse to receive things from the Crown Crates?

Alexium
Alexium
✭✭✭
May I refuse to receive any unwanted things from the Crown Crates? I mean such things like mounts, pets, costumes, skins etc. I know it is some sort of madness but I don't want to litter my account by unwanted things.

Best Answers

• YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, not really.
    But you could try to ask support if they remove certain things from your account if you don't want them
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    Answer ✓
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't no. Once you open a crate any items which are collections based will automatically be added to your collections an any which are consumables will be placed into your inventory.

You can gift the consumables to someone else via a support ticket, however I don't believe they can do this with collections items.

You can also just trash the consumables. Other option is to just not open any crates and let them stack up on your account.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like ZOS to add a favourites option to collectables, so the ones you like or want to use most often will always be at the top of the list. That way it's not so much of a problem if you get random things you don't want to use, but those are also still available should you find a use for them later on.
    whitecrow wrote: »
    Alexium wrote: »
    Thanks all. Was there a precedent removing some collections thing by Support by user's request?

There was someone who really hated spiders and asked to have a spider pet removed because they couldn't stand to even see it in their collection. They did.

My question is that if you don't want any of these things, why are you getting crates at all?

That was me.

One thing to be aware of if you do go that route: once the item is removed it's like you never had it. Which means if you open more crown crates there is a chance you could get the same thing again and then you won't even get gems for it. I recommend waiting until you're certain you won't open any more of that type of crate before asking for it to be removed, just in case.

Also I don't know if this is something Support would normally be willing to offer or if it was a one-off. I asked for 1 item to be removed because, as whitecrow said, I really hated it even being in my collections menu. I don't know how they would react if you were to send them a long list of stuff you'd like removed or if you made multiple requests. (I don't even know if it's just that I got lucky and the person who looked at my ticket was sympathetic and made an exception.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Answer ✓
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even if you don't want to have a bunch of collected costumes, mounts, etc., it's good that you keep them because if you get a duplicate from a crown crate, you'll get gems instead which you can spend on things you do actually want :smile:

And as others mentioned, that doesn't apply to consumables, which you can just extract gems from without having them added to your account in any way.
    Edited by bluebird on February 7, 2019 11:39AM
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all. Was there a precedent removing some collections thing by Support by user's request?
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alexium wrote: »

There was someone who really hated spiders and asked to have a spider pet removed because they couldn't stand to even see it in their collection. They did.

My question is that if you don't want any of these things, why are you getting crates at all?
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Some crates was given as a daily reward for login. It was one period when I claimed this rewards. Commonly I never use this feature. But now I have two or more crates. Nevermind. I should just forgot about it existence.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That point about segregating the favourites is a good one. There's no downside to having unused items in your collection other than hiding the ones you use in the ones you don't. Fix that, and there's no problem with the others.

We got character list ordering eventually. Maybe we should repeat that for collection ordering?
    Edited by ghastley on February 8, 2019 3:28PM