Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No EU char copy on PTS?

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I just logged in and was brought right to character creation..

PC EU
PvP only
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Nope. They said that is next week.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shows how much ZOS cares about their own plan on who gets to test when....

Maybe they changed it to: NA, NA, EU, EU -> goin live.

@ZOS_GinaBruno will EU get the chance for 2 PTS weeks, or will we get only the one on 11th February, since you couldnt copy EU on the 4th, as planned?
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »

Nope. They said that is next week.

Well they also said 4th and 11th is EU, since thats not the case anymore, its only fair if EU gets 11th and 18th , NA has January and 4th now.
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on February 6, 2019 2:43PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭
    is the new CP *** in or is it still bugged
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

@ZOS_GinaBruno will EU get the chance for 2 PTS weeks, or will we get only the one on 11th February, since you couldnt copy EU on the 4th, as planned?

It has nothing to do with how much we care. We want to make sure everyone gets a chance to test with their own copied characters, but we ran into an issue with the character copy database and were literally unable to do it. The copy that's there now is from last week's PC NA copy, so even that isn't a fresh copy.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It has nothing to do with how much we care. We want to make sure everyone gets a chance to test with their own copied characters, but we ran into an issue with the character copy database and were literally unable to do it. The copy that's there now is from last week's PC NA copy, so even that isn't a fresh copy.

so will EU chars now get 2 weeks of Testing or will you stick to the planned scedule of 11th EU, and 18th NA again?
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Entering panic mode in 3, 2, 1.....
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

pls tell me its a minor issue like not enough disk space on the pts. tell me that the live databases r alright, that u have backups and backups of the backups and the ability to restore them. that u didnt lose the sa password, or access to the servers or the servers, or

i will try to stop thinking about that.
    Edited by eso_nya on February 6, 2019 2:58PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »

Entering panic mode in 3, 2, 1.....

pls tell me its a minor issue like not enough disk space on the pts. tell me that the live databases r alright, that u have backups and backups of the backups and the ability to restore them. that u didnt lose the sa password, or access to the servers or the servers, or

i will try to stop thinking about that.

It is probably not a small database, and file corruption while copying happens. They made the choice to use the copy they already had instead of wasting more time creating a new EU copy.

Also, I'm sure the sa or sys (if oracle) password is safely on a "post it" under the DBA's keyboard. :smile:
    Playing since beta...
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭

so will EU chars now get 2 weeks of Testing or will you stick to the planned scedule of 11th EU, and 18th NA again?

Well, given the most constructive feedback and best theorycrafters are on EU, I hope ZOS will give us 2 weeks;..
    ... but maybe they just don't want to give the OP EU theorycrafters a chance to release the BiS builds already before the patch goes live
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eweroun wrote: »

Well, given the most constructive feedback and best theorycrafters are on EU, I hope ZOS will give us 2 weeks;..
    ... but maybe they just don't want to give the OP EU theorycrafters a chance to release the BiS builds already before the patch goes live

for mathematical BIS setups you dont even need to test, numbers speak for themselves, if they are used correctly
    as theasiaongod already clearly showed with the excel sheet to provide infos about shadow changes, before pts was live with 4.3.2
    PC EU