Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which costumes are your favorite? Or least favorite?

weedgenius
weedgenius
✭✭✭✭✭
And why? I would be interested in hearing about what costumes you are most happy with and which you regret purchasing. Even if you got them for free through crates or whatever... please share your thoughts!
PS4 NA
Better Homes & Gardens
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Favourite?

Mage's Guild Research Robes & Imperial Casual Outfit.

Dislike?

The female outfits I'll never use again.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favourite... Dark seducer and toxin doctor

Horrible... ashlander ones. I won them in free crates and I would like to remove from my inventory asap lol
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The costumes I like least are the technically unisex ones that don't "fit" female characters. Unlike some, I thought this months female costume was overdue, given the many we've gotten that are neither proportioned or designed for females. There are a few that look attractive on both sexes, but not the majority in my opinion. And don't get me started on the absence of altmer dresses ...
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Least favorite => breton hero armor => the cape is bad
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    Favourite... Dark seducer and toxin doctor

Horrible... ashlander ones. I won them in free crates and I would like to remove from my inventory asap lol

It's a shame you can't gift cosmetics you don't want to other players.

I suppose that would break the economic system in the CS though.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Favorite is Dark Shaman.

Least favorite is any of the costumes with the saggy crotch.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favorite: I have a few, but I'll pick the Skald's Damask jerkin - looks good on male and female characters, dyes well.

Least favorite: Shrike's Nocturnal Frock - How to make any character look dumpy in one costume change! Total buyer's remorse on that one.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favorites: West Skyrim Scout Outfit, Elven Hero Armor, Cyrod Patrician Formal Gown

pXvO5Q8.png
    KRRNzOs.png
    CVVFQzE.png

Most Disappointing: Buoyant Gentility Ensemble, Nordic Knot Doublet and Breeches, because I loved the designs but they both dyed so very, very poorly.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elven Hero
    East Skyrim Scout
    Naryu's Morag Tong Armor
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree and join @Aeslief and @whitecrow on most of these :lol:
    Naryu's Morag Tong Armor // Elven Hero // Cyrod Patrician Formal Gown // Renegade Dragon Priest
    The reason I love them is their great unique design, their dyeability and that they look great on female chars.

Which is basically the same reason that makes me dislike my least favourite costumes... Buoyant Gentility // Orc WIse Woman // Deepwoods Pod-Singer take dyes really poorly. I bought them because their design was promising, but never actually use them because the colours are either way too pale, remain matte no matter which shiny dye you apply, or have some awkward dark texture that muddies all colours and makes them a desaturated mess.
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    Favorites:

Dragon Priest - Looks so bad*ss on male characters only.
    Orc Wise Woman's Vestment - Curves on female characters show quite nicely
    Elven Hero - Same as Wise Womans's above and dyes very very nicely.

Least Favorite:

Priestess of Mara - I'd expect sexier from a Priestess of Mara
    Ashlander Magribash Hunt - Ugly. Have it and will never use it.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like mixing and matching the outfit parts so I don't really use the costumes much. But I do use the hats because they look better then the outfit head pieces for the most part.

Camlorn Top Hat with Buckle
    kXmm8Js.jpg
    Flannel Forester's Hood
    RmdTwFJ.jpg
    RbNHsLc.jpg

Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on February 5, 2019 2:18AM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am not a big hat person but I do love my wide brim acorn warder. Goes quite well with the Grim Harlequin motif I usually wear.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MonkLoHan wrote: »
    Favorites:

Dragon Priest - Looks so bad*ss on male characters only.
    Orc Wise Woman's Vestment - Curves on female characters show quite nicely
    Elven Hero - Same as Wise Womans's above and dyes very very nicely.

Least Favorite:

Priestess of Mara - I'd expect sexier from a Priestess of Mara
    Ashlander Magribash Hunt - Ugly. Have it and will never use it.
    I think you may be confusing Mara with some other Divine of sexytimes :wink: Having some scantily clad officiator drawing all the attention away from the bride during the wedding simply would not do. But I'm happy to hear the Wise Woman's costume is working out for you! I found the trim's inability to take darker colours a little frustrating personally.

@starlizard70ub17_ESO My my, those are some very dapper cats! :smiley: Awesome!
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favourite: Wise Woman's Vestments by far. Followed by the Buoyant Gentility Ensemble (even though it doesn't dye well), and Noble Dress. The Skald's Damask Jerkin does look very flattering on my mage (not sure it dyes that well though); she likes it for normal daily wear.

Least favourite: Agree the dropped crotch outfits look odd. Pity, as the Merchant Lord's Formal Regalia would have looked nice without it. Not a fan of the Ashlander Magribash travel clothes.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favorites are the ones that show more skin and don't have the huge hip plates. With the nice skins/tattoos I want them to show, and those hip plates can often look plain silly.

Least favorite, the opposite of ^
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noble dress
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been racking my brain, trying to remember which was the damask jerkin. Googled it and apparently September log-in reward? Which explains why I missed it if that's the case since I had to evacuate due to Florence and was without internet for a couple weeks. I knew I missed the 100k which I wasn't too fussed about since I can make that pretty easily, but definitely disappointed now about the costume. :(
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think one of my most favourite costumes is Seyda Neen Jodhpur Ensemble.

WvCtSPQ.jpg

I couldn't imagine how well it looks when dyed, that's why I didn't buy it for crowns when it was originally in store; I wouldn't buy it for gems as well... But I got if for free in one of login reward Psijic crates, and it turned out to be one of my luckiest catch <3 I call it my "ninja suit", and it looks good on any character :smiley: It would be perfect if we could also dye those little brown and green bits, and if the costume would take white dyes better (it has a little bit dirty textures on pure white color) :'(

Rgt7Ql6.jpg

pLSRjR3.jpg

oC58eAH.jpg

rF4PNcc.jpg

We really need to be able to preview how the costume dyes before purchasing it - if I didn't get in in free crate, I would never know how awesome it is :)
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Favourite... Glenmoril Witch Robes; Cyrod Patrician Formal Gown; Mages Guild Research Robes; Corseted Riding Outfit.

Oh, and the Arena Gladiator thing.

Least favorite... Elven Hero Armor (proportions look... off); Telvanni Wizard-Lord Robe (so disappointed by how it dyes. Or rather, how it doesn't).
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones I like most are also the most annoying. The Cyrod Patrician Formal Gown is spoiled by uniboob syndrome. The two outfits with the long boots - Holiday in Balmora and Corseted Riding Outfit (which also has uniboob) - taunt me by not having separate parts. I'd love to use those boots with other pieces.

Dyeing parts of costumes is always an issue, but I don't really blame the individual items for that. It's a system deficiency that would have been hard to avoid.
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    not "least favourite" but probably "the most disappointing" for me is naryu's costume. I didn't have a pc when it was on sale so I used my partner's pc just to buy it while waiting for my gaming laptop to be delivered... but oh boy, does it dye so poorly or what. I was and still am disappointed by that.

there are quite a few nicely designed costumes that dye horribly (looking at you holiday in balmora and buoyant gentility)... such a shame, such a shame
    Edited by ArcaneBlue on February 9, 2019 6:10AM
    #teamEmeric
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's all about what suits the character. I like ones which look like something my characters would choose to wear (and which isn't too similar to their armour because then it would be redundant) and I don't like the ones I can't imagine any of them ever using.

The Austere Warden Outfit is probably the one which suits the most characters, with the Pirate Sash and Bandolier Garb coming second - it's not the nicest looking but it's great informal/rough wear on all my characters which is often appropriate for what they're doing.

The Off-the-Shoulder Evening Dress is my favourite 'nice looking' costume, and I like the Soiree in Camlorn Evening Suit as a male equivalent. (Although I think a lot of the human men's clothing is largely interchangeable, the main differnces are whether it has sleeves and how big the stitching is.)

The ones I use least are unfortunately the ones you get for champion levels - the Golden Saint, Dark Seducer and Mannimarco costumes (I don't have the Imperial Chancellor one yet). I wouldn't rule out using them in certain situations, but they either don't look like anything my characters would wear or I can get an even better look for them using armour motifs.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wood elf female costumes all three kinds. As well as the altmer male
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the Dark Seducer but everyone wears it so I rarely do.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton hero favorite.
    Nord hero least favorite.

Just because.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really love the Covenant Scout costume. That's the one I would cosplay if I had the skills to recreate it. It's very well made and textured and it dyes like a dream.

I really, really dislike the Lion Guard Knight & Knight of the Flame costumes...they look like I'm dressing up as a generic, cheap suit of armor made to decorate doorways in children's museums.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favourite is the one with the chinese hat :)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite one is the Pirate Swab Outfit; I've worn it on a character for a long time, and when the outfit system came out, I based that character's outfit on the costume :smiley: I don't have any I particularly dislike.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Favourite is the one with the chinese hat :)

Oh yeah, I love that one for casual wear! I wear it when I go fishing!