Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed all the "fun". It is getting harder and harder to find a good guild in this game.
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Disgraceful behavior from certain EP players in Vivec last night. All my characters are EP, and I'm always playing for my faction to win the campaign.

But I do not have any problem with players who play multiple factions rolling with EP for a campaign. If they're fighting for the team, all I can say is "Welcome aboard"

A few days into the new campaign, EP's #1 player on the leader board with a good lead over the #2 player was told loudly in zone chat by certain other players that they would never push for his Emperorship.

Now if you don't want to push for someone, that's your business and nobody should be able to tell you what to do. But the toxic sentiment in zone last night was just plain mean, and it led to this individual dropping out of the campaign. They weren't even salty about it. Just defeated, and they left with a "Good luck everyone"

I have to admit, watching this all unfold, that I felt terrible for the player involved. They must have been up for hours working for AP and pushing for first place, and to have a vocal minority basically bully them into leaving the campaign was hard to watch. Several other EP players spoke up in zone encouraging the #1 player to remain, but I guess they decided it wasn't worth the abuse.

Totally embarrassed for my faction this morning. This kind of behavior is not what we should be about. It was ugly and sad.

Agreed it was terrible. Ik that the player in question was doing a lot of good for Ep and our Evaluations where looking good most of the day so I couldn’t complain but this crap just makes us look incredibly bad and I can bet that most of the conversation was linked to the SALT page
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't posted since last May. Good to see the old forum gang still here.

Got a gaming PC for my 50th so I've been playing Fallout 4 the last 6 months using MODs to blow everything away at level 1. Wife bought me the PC ESO collection for Christmas so been leveling up new toons. My PS4 EU toon is at CP185 so the grind on 3 servers is a lot. The XP event last month helped tons.

I have to say I love the PC ESO version. The Add-ons like the mini-map to see all the Mage books and Skyshards is great. ESO needs to allow Add-on utilities to console.

But back to Cyro. Can't wait to see if any rumored changes occur for PVP at the Jan 15th announcement. We never got the new siege weapons rumored years ago.

Let me know if you wanna play on PC. The grind back up to 810cp can be pretty rough. I just wait for the enlightenment to max out, then drain it out, rinse and repeat. I remember grinding without it, it feels very meh.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭

Let me know if you wanna play on PC. The grind back up to 810cp can be pretty rough. I just wait for the enlightenment to max out, then drain it out, rinse and repeat. I remember grinding without it, it feels very meh.
    @Takes-No-Prisoner I'm at CP 105 with an hour or two playing each night, mostly doing daily consumable writs, mount increase and Alik'r dolmen farm. My armor and weapons are all random of whatever drops. I can't even craft gear to my level yet. At least I did Orzorga's ingredient quests in Orsinium to get her recipes that increase to player level.

PIng me on PC!
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on February 5, 2019 8:06PM
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    script>
    Edited by geonsocal on February 5, 2019 8:27PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's up with AD Werewolf group? I can't hit them. My lightning staff just blips. I think my spells are hitting, but not my weapon. And they just run away.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Takes-No-Prisoner I'm at CP 105 with an hour or two playing each night, mostly doing daily consumable writs, mount increase and Alik'r dolmen farm. My armor and weapons are all random of whatever drops. I can't even craft gear to my level yet. At least I did Orzorga's ingredient quests in Orsinium to get her recipes that increase to player level.

PIng me on PC!

is your pc name the same as your forum name? I can help craft you gear, my crafter only really needs a few more research on weaps/armor and needs to level up jewelry. I just need to nab Clockwork Citrus and Artaeum Takeaway, should probably do that this weekend. But I have Witchmothers and Dubious I can craft you.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭

is your pc name the same as your forum name? I can help craft you gear, my crafter only really needs a few more research on weaps/armor and needs to level up jewelry. I just need to nab Clockwork Citrus and Artaeum Takeaway, should probably do that this weekend. But I have Witchmothers and Dubious I can craft you.

@Takes-No-Prisoner Awesome! Got to CP 110 last night. I can craft up to 46 atm. My main is Stamblade DW/Bow. I'll take whatever gear you can craft at your level. I'll send whatever mats I have that's needed. Let me check if I have Witchmothers and Dubious. Thanks!

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you all are just so awesome :)

that's funny that we've all reached the point where we decided to start new characters on different platforms/servers...

starting over is definitely a challenge - although, i have to imagine it's a much more interesting trip to switch over from console to PC...

i've given up on the vivec Eu campaign (during the week) for a bit, the population is just super low at the time i normally log on...i'll check in at night to see if anything is happening on the map - but, it's just more fun to head over to vivec NA where there are a lot more people on the map participating...

brought out one of my werewolves last night, but, using him in small scale back and forth outside of one of the outposts is not near as much fun as cutting him loose on some large scale AvAvA battles...for me that's where a werewolf really shines...

still, it was fun to run around and howl, pounce, roar, and swipe for a while...

he's a hybridish orc stamplar wearing plague doctor, shacklebreaker, and engine guardian - i've really enjoyed using engine guardian for a few months now on this character...he's also a tank, so, as long as i can manage my tri-potion use (ugh, snares everywhere) - he's pretty tough to kill...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 6, 2019 10:38PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's so many tools to use on PC. With the MiniMap, I've found every above ground Skyshard already and Mages Guild is at 10 from finding the blue lorebooks. Yet I'm only CP 115.

PS4 EU very dead when I log on after 8pm PHX time. There's no dolmen train in Alik'r. No one around. I'll go to Cyro to do the town quests and find skyshards usually without interruption.

ESO needs to make EU Cyro a Battle Royale and join the FREE game trend to get the pop hopping there.

I need to try Werewolf. Hated it in Skyrim, but I see it's so much different on ESO.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spent a little time in vivec NA tonight...got in to some nice sized scraps...got bombed by night angel :)

got an invite and joined the coaches' group...I had never grouped with them nor heard them speak before...they were pretty funny actually...

only lasted about 15 minutes or so in the group - a bit too "enthusiastic" for my taste...I mostly just play to relax...I'm not really in to a caffeinated playstyle...interesting nonetheless...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, I’ve been sitting on this win 3 Battlegrounds matches quest for awhile now .......eventually my mmr should fall back down right?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    So, I’ve been sitting on this win 3 Battlegrounds matches quest for awhile now .......eventually my mmr should fall back down right?

it's just so much luck as to whom your teammates are...

you would hope that amongst the 12 participants that the mmr would spread out players whom have higher medal counts/scores in healing, taking damage, dealing damage, etc in the three groups...

I'm not really sure though...

do you sign up for "random" matches or just deathmatch only?
    Edited by geonsocal on February 12, 2019 9:11PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still thinking of last night...it's so rare that i get group invites, rarer still when i accept...but, in this case - i had been thinking of joining one of madden's groups for a while...he's been one of the more "consistent" DC players i've seen over the years...

like a lot of other traditional cyrodiil raid leaders, i've always been a bit curious as to what makes them tick...

i'm kind of bummed that i could only take about 15 minutes of listening to group chat before i left...i probably should have just turned off voice chat...i was curious though...he was actually a pretty funny guy with a fairly free flowing fight monologue the whole time...

the whole rah rah and shouting stuff though gets old fast for me - cuz, well i myself happen to be old also :)

today though, reflecting back on it - it finally dawned on me what the experience reminded me of:

Well, he went down to dinner in his Sunday best
    Excitable boy, they all said
    And he rubbed the pot roast all over his chest
    Well, he's just an excitable boy
    He took in the four a.m. show at the Clark
    And he bit the usherette's leg in the dark
    He took little Suzie to the Junior Prom
    And he *** her and killed her, then he took her home
    After ten long years they let him out of the home
    And he dug up her grave and built a cage with her bones

yep, quite the excitable boy :p
    Edited by geonsocal on February 12, 2019 9:10PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madden zergling! lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madden zergling! lol

I've really enjoyed the crowns over on the EU server...they rarely speak, and, when they do it's usually in french or german and I have no idea what they're saying...

I've never been a big fan of folks whining about the group not supporting them, or, those who get super excited and just start screaming: kill, kill, kill...

that stuff is more okay when you're in a small group of friends...not a bunch of randoms...

however, it was a pretty short, single experience - so I'll reserve judgement, and, just take it as a unique experience...
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Once you're in the high MMR hell, you're stuck here forever. :bawling:
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Madden groups are straight up what makes me the most AP. Whether that’s pv door or whatever. I’m alright with it. They’ll do an emp push or something and try to get a loose scroll if it’s convenient.

He’s a really good lead. Reads the map. Usually what he does, is exactly what I’d like to think I’d do if were crown. That really works for me, and a lot of people I think.

He’s not gonna yell at everyone to get on Crown every five seconds. You’ll just find yourself removed from the group.

ccmedaddy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Once you're in the high MMR hell, you're stuck here forever. :bawling:

I’m gonna have to go back in with some friends, or work with a new toon or something. Three WW and a banging healer sounds good right about now.
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    spent a little time in vivec NA tonight...got in to some nice sized scraps...got bombed by night angel :)

got an invite and joined the coaches' group...I had never grouped with them nor heard them speak before...they were pretty funny actually...

only lasted about 15 minutes or so in the group - a bit too "enthusiastic" for my taste...I mostly just play to relax...I'm not really in to a caffeinated playstyle...interesting nonetheless...

It was one of those wrong place wrong time kind of things...I spent so long trying to find a group to bomb before I found that group! Met some interesting folks along the way both ad and dc. Some of them even tried to help me by getting them grouped up and funnel d while I came in with a destro ulti!
    Shout outs to those players, nana___nano, zeus w/ the bat bombs,and wookieoftheyear.
    Btw, to all those ep who had to put up w/ my banjo music in the background, be prepared to put up w/ more

Just an edit:
    In regards to that last paragraph, it was mostly just me popping up beside them out of stealth and waving hi. Once they realized I wasn’t going to attack them, (after they hit me a few times while I just jumped and down. *i wasn’t in the mood to waste my bomb on one person* )we just kind of stood there and chatted.
    Edited by NightAngel690 on February 13, 2019 6:30PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Btw, to all those ep who had to put up w/ my banjo music in the background, be prepared to put up w/ more

well now - this sounds kind of interesting :)

what's up with the banjo music???
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

well now - this sounds kind of interesting :)

what's up with the banjo music???

I just thought it would be funny to play banjo music while I bombed. I was in area chat so i imagine it was something like faintly hearing a banjo getting closer and closer until i was there and then I would just go in and bomb whatever group was attacking a keep. It was actually quite fun! I saw a few people hesistant to attack anyone trying to siege the fd of a keep until I would charge in and attempt to kill as many people as possible. I didn’t even care if I failed.

It would make my day if anyone has any videos of it!
    Edited by NightAngel690 on February 13, 2019 7:03PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvp is definitely not all glory...some nights can be a little rough...

really wanted to play on the EU server...had to ride out of the gate cuz AD had us gated...made my way to the rayles front door and along with a few other allies started seiging the front door...a couple of yellows though came out of the keep and wiped us...

unfortunately it seems they were having more fun keeping us gated than attacking EP's home keeps...

we did control bruma and winter's peak, so headed to winter's peak outpost, saw bruma get flagged so, headed in that direction...

turns out it was just a couple of low level cp AD players trying to capture the town...they pretty much had no idea what they were doing though as myself and some level 24 (pretty sure they had cp though) ran them off easily...

started getting bored and headed into the house between two of the flags...ended up running in to the AD players again and just danced and played music...

i kinda just lost my desire to fight...pvp is tough when there are so few people on the map playing...the two AD players (both around 170 cp) seemed to be more tourists in cyro than combatants...

headed over to the NA server, some decent action around the map, but, for some reason just couldn't get my rotations down (playing my stam dk)...i have a stam dk over on the EU server, and, i just had their abilities slotted differently...once i rearranged my NA toon's skill slots - things went a little smoother...

standing on top of the ash front door gate tower now...deciding whether to give it another go or call it a night...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 14, 2019 9:38PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think my days of being DC only in vivec on the NA server are coming to an end...

i'm starting to really miss playing my AD and EP characters in vivec...i haven't really played the six AD and EP characters i have on the NA server in months...

what really drove the point home to me was that yesterday, while lying dead on the ground by the roebeck farm, jake (haley stars) came by to say hi...it made me smile and remember that there are a whole lot of cool folks on both the EP and AD alliances...

i wanted to say hi back, but, i don't really know how to whisper someone unless they have made a comment in zone chat and i can see their name...

speaking of zone chat - i normally keep zone chat up while playing, but, lately i've shut it down on the NA server because most of the conversation is simply folks messing with one another, which, isn't really that interesting to me...

i'll stay blue only on the EU server - although, i'm still debating whether when i create my two necromancers will i want to put one in AD and one in EP...

also, just cuz i can be honest here - i sort of want to kill some of my NA blue allies...nothing personal, no one specific...but, i'm just ready to get back to fighting with all my toons...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, i have a whole bunch of champion caches stored on my different NA toons - opened one up yesterday to discover they've removed the purple jewelry from them...i don't really need the gear on my NA toons - but, i thought that was a crappy move on zos's part to nerf the end of campaign rewards...

just what i need, another battlefield acrobat resto staff and spell strategist bow...although i'm positive someone, somewhere is making that work...
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭

i wanted to say hi back, but, i don't really know how to whisper someone unless they have made a comment in zone chat and i can see their name....

“/whisper ____(name)____,” is how to whisper someone

Zone chat in all the alliances can be toxic tbh...ep isn’t too bad but there is the occasional person calling people rats or scrubs or just complaining in general. Other then that, the majority of us get along and will just bug each other every so often.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks angel :)

i enjoyed the all blue play for a while, but, my other toons are calling to me - play us geo, play us too please...

to be honest - since i started playing - i've really always enjoyed playing within AD the most (as far as the other players go)...

it was fun though for a while to really enjoy attacking EP and AD with a little extra voracity...
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @NightAngel690 those were some mighty fine dancing moves tonight!

It's always fun to hear ad get triggered in chat with spy talk cause you take a dance break with the enemy or won't help them 10v1 a player. Good times :D
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    @NightAngel690 those were some mighty fine dancing moves tonight!

It's always fun to hear ad get triggered in chat with spy talk cause you take a dance break with the enemy or won't help them 10v1 a player. Good times :D

@Sanctum74

YESSSS YOUUUU!!!!! Too bad you couldn’t hear my wicked banjo music in the background. Were They actually triggered. Little do they know that I just randomly ran to that area not too long before hand! I generally don’t attack small groups or solo players. There’s no point and it’s a waste of a bomb! 😂 plus, it’s interesting to see how people react when all I do is ride around them in circles.
    That hard? I saw that dude and I was like, “I could help him....but he’s got this.”

Edited by NightAngel690 on February 15, 2019 10:38AM
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    thanks angel :)

i enjoyed the all blue play for a while, but, my other toons are calling to me - play us geo, play us too please...

to be honest - since i started playing - i've really always enjoyed playing within AD the most (as far as the other players go)...

it was fun though for a while to really enjoy attacking EP and AD with a little extra voracity...

Well if you come in, you’re always welcome to run with me! Most of the time I’m just by myself running to and from keeps looking for a group to bomb and occasionally finding the solo person who doesn’t kill me on site and just chat or dance around like I did with sanctum while listening to banjo music. XD if I find a duel, I just observe quietly in the background. I do not like to violate the sacredness of the duel.
    I think I’m going to start a new thing. Evil_bloodslayer has stories, some dude sleeps on bridges, I’m going to do a radio station where I take requests for songs and play it in area chat.
    Edited by NightAngel690 on February 15, 2019 10:45AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank god I haven't turned voice area chat on in years! lmao
    Edited by TequilaFire on February 15, 2019 1:30PM