Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

With the addition of yet another class, how about a class-change token with a ~6 month cooldown?

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlexWaff wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    No, it'd be horrible. Every 3 months when a new patch and class ability changes happen, people would just jump on whichever is the strongest. It'd be horrible in pvp.

That's why it will have a longer cooldown when using it on the same character, and every time you use it it will obviously restart the level of the class skill-lines.

As if people can't do this already? Most have a pre-made character for each class and just switch around with the meta anyway. This is not supposed to be used this way, that's why it will have the limitations that make it undesirable when compared to alts - it's just so it gives the option to do this, which many people would like to. More-so from a role-playing perspective rather than min-maxing, which is already not hard after you get those few characters going, which you can also race-change at will every time the racials balance is different. I don't think this would impact the game in any way but positive.

You said 2 months, patches are every 3 months. So they can totally jump on the bandwagon.

For pvp it would be horrible if you can change class that soon. Do you know how many spin to win stam wardens there would be? Even though levelling up is stupid easy these days, it still puts people off doing it for the sake of a few months. If you can just pay like £20, people would do it constantly. It would make PvP utterly boring if 90% of us are the same for these 3 months.
    What I said is a suggestion. They can obviously make it 6 months, or more if they wanted. This is the EASIEST thing to change. And again, you'll have to level the the class skills all over - the ones that take as long as leveling your character to 50. You level CP normally, and it levels those skill-lines. That way it will be no better than rolling an alt, and even worse, since you can roll an alt for free and keep both characters. Again, there's a LOT that can be done to make sure that this is not unbalanced, but simply provides the option for flavor and role-playing reasons. Jumping against it every time it's mentioned it and never taking the time to actually think "Okay, then how can we make this fair then?" Because I don't understand why I should not be able to have my one and only main become another class he couldn't have been and I really want him to be, just because other people think I want it to work by giving some unfair advantage. No, if anything they can easily make it disadvantageous when it comes to endgame, but I still stand by my opinion that having this as an option is something many of us would appreciate (and in some cases like mine really imporove my enjoyment of the game and stop me from quitting constantly because I don't have fun).

You can stand by your opinion all you want. You're entitled. But this has been asked 50 million times and had 50 million NOs.

Either it is a technical issue or ZOS think it's a bad idea because meta chasers will chance even more. Either way, I hope it never comes.

Alright then. You know, people keep praising the community for being great, but the reception I've gotten from asking this and trying to solve the problems people say such an addition would bring to just get anything I say completely disregarded because of the "class-change bad" mindset. Hell, if they made it reduce all your stats people would still say it's overpowered/unfair just because it's they're too lost into their own idea of a "clas-change" that they're afraid of.

In that logic, why the hell does race-change exist? It's simply cosmetic, people need the option to change their race if they decide they want to? *** that, it's used by min-maxers to be the flavor of the month race! And there's no drawbacks to doing it as many times as you want on a whim. Why should people get to do that and not just roll a different race like they're supposed to, then? This is the absolutely same logic here. class change doesn't have to be like race change, hell, race change doesn't have to be this way either. They're supposed to give the flavor option to switch the roleplay perspective of your character. If anything, even if it was allowed to be the way race change is it'd barely be "pay to win" same way race change is not pay to win, but it has the same problem people complain about with this, but it's actually in the game with none of the restrictions it could have.

So because people don't agree with you, the community doesn't deserve the praise people give it??

Race change is different. Until this patch, when did last get changed? Shadows of the hist? That's a long time. After this complete overhaul, it'll be even longer before races are changed by ZOS.

I'm going to assume you don't PvP much because you would understand the problem this would cause.

Then how do we make it not cause a problem?
    Is having a 6 month or 1 year cooldown on the same character, having to level all the class skilllines all over again (essentially making it take just as long as rolling an alt) and anything else that would help make it balanced? Nobody has ever suggested anything, just mercilessly called me names for wanting it and suggesting we think of a way it could work. No, I don't do pvp nor pve. I'm still trying to ask for ideas how it could be implemented without dusrupting those scenes, and nobody has taken the time to look into it.

(No, obviously it does not discredit the praise the community receives, but this backwards mindset I'm seeing when it comes to race change is a bit unexpected. Almost nobody is willing to have a discussion and think of a solution, just "I sure hope not, I hate this idea." Well, gee, thanks for the help.

While a year cool down would be better, the problem would still persist. Whatever is strongest THAT patch would be all we see in PvP. I did suggest something - not having the option. I presented reasons why and in my opinion are completely valid.

There's no need for a solution - we should just not have it. It then doesn't create a problem in need of a solution. So nobody needs to "help" you find one. I haven't called you names, just disagreed with your opinion and pointed out that everytime someone asks for it, it is usually hugely opposed here and is never implemented. There's obviously a reason for that.

Alright, then why not allow people only have one character? Anybody can just make a character of every single class, hell, 2 of each class for each stat build, and easily change between them at will and play only the current flavor of the month.

Well yeh, you can do that. But you still need skill points, undaunted, alliance war skills, weapon skills etc. You need to invest time and it puts people off just playing FOTM.

Yeah, and if they decide that's a big enough problem, they can have those skills reset, too. So, is it "no big deal" to roll an alt and get those things, or is it a grind that puts people off? Both seem to be true when it's to be used as an argument against class change.

If they rolled everything back then only you alone would be buying it I suspect....

There'd be no point. It's not going to happen anyway, thankfully. So kind of a pointless conversation going forward.
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sionIV wrote: »
    I would rather not have a class change token.

I would rather have a class change token.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't matter zos said it's something they are not looking into doing so why carry on the conversation it isn't HAPPENING
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter zos said it's something they are not looking into doing so why carry on the conversation it isn't HAPPENING

Good job bumping the post and making it so more people keep the conversation going, while saying you want the exact opposite. It doesn't matter if it will happen or not, what's important is the argument.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good job bumping the post and making it so more people keep the conversation going, while saying you want the exact opposite. It doesn't matter if it will happen or not, what's important is the argument.

Just wasting your time when you could actually be playing, good luck on trying to achieve your goal but we are know your not apart from you
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭

Just wasting your time when you could actually be playing, good luck on trying to achieve your goal but we are know your not apart from you

Not really, I'm pretty aware of what I want and what I'm going to do in every scenario.

The most likely outcome is that we won't get a class change. I will simply create a Necromancer, play him, most probably enjoy him way more than I do nightblade, and if not try other classes (but it's hard to imagine anything I'd dislike more than nightblade, at this point, especia/lly a class with a healing tree - already makes it that much better without knowing how it plays like.)

Then I'll slowly but surely re-do things on that character, aid his crafting and leveling with my old main and also have the bonus of finally getting the level-up rewards. It will take a month or two considering I don't lollygag too much, but I'll catch up to my main story-wise. The only real downsides to this scenario are that I will want to re-do the AD story, main quest, Morrowind and Summerset BEFORE I start Elsweyr, because I want to keep it linear and be recognized by Raz.

And also the other big drawback to this is that as it is right now, I have no incentive to keep playing until Elsweyr is out. Whatever I do on my main I will inevitably have to do again, so why advance the story further when I can at least keep some a mystery for my new main?

Otherwise, if we did by some miracle get class-change, I'd be able to keep up progress on my current character knowing it will carry over. But that won't happen, so it would appear I'm just going to have to slow down my hype until June.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭

Because sometimes if you keep on knocking someone will eventually open the door.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No just no. Pop xp scrolls, event multipliers and grind zombies in alik"ir like the rest of us.
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    No just no. Pop xp scrolls, event multipliers and grind zombies in alik"ir like the rest of us.

Why would I do that? Did you read anything here? I'd happily level all over again if it means having the class of a specific character changed. Leveling is irrelevant, and I couldn't care if it's slow or fast. This is not about getting an instant class change, it's about being able to change the class of a character. Making alts will still be the go-to thing if you want to have the option to pick between different classes at will and do cheese tactics.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be in favor but sadly on the chapter reveal stream Rich said they don’t wanna do it. :(
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to class change tokens. Also, it's funny how people are ignoring obvious things like the necromancer class, player housing, jewelry crafting, etc which players begged for loudly and which now are reality. Ask often and loudly enough, and ye might receive. Compared to the things I mentioned, a class change token is easy money. And why shouldn't customers make their wants known? To do otherwise would be idiocy.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Devil_Keyz
    Devil_Keyz
    ✭✭✭
    They don’t want to do it but If we keep on they ass about it , it could happen I for one am all for it and many others want the same. Where’s the meme that says “ shut up and take me money “ 😂😂👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    class change tokens will cause mass meta bandwaggoning and faction change tokens will increase faction population imbalance even further.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Devil_Keyz wrote: »
    They don’t want to do it but If we keep on they ass about it , it could happen I for one am all for it and many others want the same. Where’s the meme that says “ shut up and take me money “ 😂😂👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

I very much doubt keeping on at them will change anything as people have been going on about this for some time