Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Customize Your Home with 3D Essential Effects(tm) (BETA) from Essential Housing Tools

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K wow was a pain with clipping but im satisfied
    295ffcfbw5il.png

Edited by Krainor1974 on January 28, 2019 2:25PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EHT ivy dense flat fits nice up against walls
    cb159rnc5pkr.png
    Edited by Krainor1974 on January 29, 2019 4:34AM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    qwjw59gdciux.png

@R_K did you test this for guild mail tools? would be amazing to have a guild house with some fx
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K we can now select FX as an item and use it in the eht, for example to animate the effect

I cant seem to place something like a portal, combine with a trigger and switch the portal on and off in order to make it pop and go away again?
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    One little oddity I just notice (and I didn't see mentioned elsewhere). It seems that you have to send both inside links and outdoor inks, if you have effects both indoors and outdoors. My group could only see part, until I realized that sending from both inside the house (alinor manor) and the garden were necessary to get everything.

@Alassirana
    Edited by silvermistktralasub17_ESO on February 1, 2019 6:05AM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    think the latest update where @R_K adjusts z buffering for U21 messes up current data, couldn't place a throne inside xanmeer to turn green, worked when I switched off EHT
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Putting inn rooms to good use @R_K
    A simple guest room
    qmmqiumhm3zr.png
    z21ypemfuhh7.png
    Edited by Krainor1974 on February 3, 2019 3:04AM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something bad going on in here.
    zgx7t7eu1d11.png
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Krainor1974 Love the armory and the inn rooms! Omg that creature though -- scary looking ;-P Hopefully it's being sucked back into that summoning circle.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    think the latest update where @R_K adjusts z buffering for U21 messes up current data, couldn't place a throne inside xanmeer to turn green, worked when I switched off EHT

@immozz01 If that happens while EHT is enabled, you may have Grid Snapping enabled. If not, then the item may be part of your current selection while having the "Move Items as a Group" box ticked on the main EHT window. Items can adjust slightly after placing them when using that group editing/rotating feature. Other than that, EHT shouldn't really interfere with your manual item placements. What can happen though - and this is unrelated to EHT - is that items that have validity checks, such as seating, can become impossible to place in a valid position until you either reload UI or you put the item away and then try placing it again.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One little oddity I just notice (and I didn't see mentioned elsewhere). It seems that you have to send both inside links and outdoor inks, if you have effects both indoors and outdoors. My group could only see part, until I realized that sending from both inside the house (alinor manor) and the garden were necessary to get everything.

@Alassirana

@silvermistktralasub17_ESO Hey Alassirana :) I'm not sure if you were using the Share with Chat feature, but if so, it should send all of the FX data for the entire home; something I have noticed though is that sometimes people may miss that the add-on can prompt them to send more than one chat message - particularly for homes that have many FX. The next time you share your FX with guests, just take a look to see if it is prompting you to submit a 2nd, 3rd, etc. message.

Also, one other thing to note is that the shared FX are only seen by guests that actually saw the messages you sent. So, if you Share with Chat your FX to /say, but a guest is outside of the range of your /say chat, then they will miss that FX data -- this may have also been the situation in your case given that guests may have been in the home or outside, possibly out of range of your chat. So just be sure that everyone you want to see your FX can see your message. :)

I hope that helps <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qwjw59gdciux.png

@R_K did you test this for guild mail tools? would be amazing to have a guild house with some fx

@immozz01 Not yet, but thank you for the suggestion - that would be awesome, for sure. I'll check it out to see if it offers 3rd party add-on integration :wink:
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happened to me at start , I didn’t know you had to send more than one message, lol. Now my Linchal has 16 messages worth of effects. @R_K knows he’s been to several of my homes since we both in DDA.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on February 3, 2019 5:10AM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    @Krainor1974 Love the armory and the inn rooms! Omg that creature though -- scary looking ;-P Hopefully it's being sucked back into that summoning circle.

When you see me online whisper and I show you the inn rooms , have you seen Linchal I added a SS waterfall.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭

@immozz01 If that happens while EHT is enabled, you may have Grid Snapping enabled. If not, then the item may be part of your current selection while having the "Move Items as a Group" box ticked on the main EHT window. Items can adjust slightly after placing them when using that group editing/rotating feature. Other than that, EHT shouldn't really interfere with your manual item placements. What can happen though - and this is unrelated to EHT - is that items that have validity checks, such as seating, can become impossible to place in a valid position until you either reload UI or you put the item away and then try placing it again.

I know, but did reload first and tried taking it out and replacing, all didn't work till I switched off EHT. no biggie, was a once in a million glitch I guess. don't shoot the messenger!
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K Using the new scenery backgrounds to make my homes really look like the in the valley and mountain range i want them to be in my lands

8d7hmfinnhw3.png
    sial0d4mw7iz.png
    7e5nfunc3sqh.png
    1axgb40prjdh.png
    cp88mevbktn4.png
    bzlc001wxrkt.png
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marvelous work as always @Krainor1974 and @R_K ! I always enjoy seeing the new and creative ways EHT is being put to use. My flying cat on a broom and hidden bookcase/door pale in comparison to this! Absolutely stunning! <3
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    Marvelous work as always @Krainor1974 and @R_K ! I always enjoy seeing the new and creative ways EHT is being put to use. My flying cat on a broom and hidden bookcase/door pale in comparison to this! Absolutely stunning! <3

Sup Del, you for come on tour one these weekends and see my homes with all the eht added. Let me know if you see me online in guild chat , @R_K same for you too, see you work out to use, lol
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Delphinia Haha, thank you so much Del - and your flying cat is still super amazing to me :wink:<3 Although, now -- now, I am looking forward to seeing what's in store for the contest from you......... ;-)

@Krainor1974 I would love to come see the updates in person! And, as always, thank you for being on point with the updates. Even though you don't have to, you are always there to showcase the changes and additions -- I really, really appreciate that very much. <3 Also, one last thing -- it's funny that one of your locations to test the Scenery feature was in the Autumn's-Gate house: that house was the exact reason that I finally decided to just bite the bullet and start writing that feature.

The "fog" effect that is so clearly visible in the distance in that house bothers me so much that I had to add something to help players mask it - particularly if you want to use any of the Sky Overlays. So now, hopefully the Scenery FX will find some use in those instances as well - covering up that night time sky-ruining "fog." ;-)
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Delphinia Haha, thank you so much Del - and your flying cat is still super amazing to me :wink:<3 Although, now -- now, I am looking forward to seeing what's in store for the contest from you......... ;-)

@Krainor1974 I would love to come see the updates in person! And, as always, thank you for being on point with the updates. Even though you don't have to, you are always there to showcase the changes and additions -- I really, really appreciate that very much. <3 Also, one last thing -- it's funny that one of your locations to test the Scenery feature was in the Autumn's-Gate house: that house was the exact reason that I finally decided to just bite the bullet and start writing that feature.

The "fog" effect that is so clearly visible in the distance in that house bothers me so much that I had to add something to help players mask it - particularly if you want to use any of the Sky Overlays. So now, hopefully the Scenery FX will find some use in those instances as well - covering up that night time sky-ruining "fog." ;-)

lol i am part of your test group so hey im pushing the addon and showing what i can do so everyone can see. you really can customize your homes now. Those aren't text pics those are the homes remeber my homes form a town in a valley, forrest and mountain range in Colovian Estates.

let me know on weekend pm me or whisper and i show you the homes, i believe im around 24ish homes and they all have sometype or will have eht effects

check out my wall in the rp forums its all eht pics,
    https://www.eso-rp.com/profile/4738559
    Edited by Krainor1974 on February 7, 2019 4:24PM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K concerning the animation tool:

- could you add an insert pause frame? you can change time from the 0.1 seconds to x seconds, but would be so nice to be able to complete and animation and decide after where to place a pause for whatever reason, but most important without adding a movement. so just a time delay that is not connected to a movement of an item
    - I suggested long ago to add a record in reverse button, that you made, but as separate option. ill give you an example;
    I make a door slide open, with 20 frames (would be nice to add 21st frame with a 10 second delay when im done and happy) would be so nice to have a button doing the other 20 frames in reverse without having to glue 2 scenes together.

btw reason why I suggest this is because I tend to make complex houses. I like to add some animations and such but don't like the part where you also need to figure out how to reset everything. yes we can add a 2nd trigger at a later spot at the house and close for example a door behind you. but you cant have 2 animations running at same time. might be easy to have a trigger option resetting items to original position when animation has ended?
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shutting off the UI no longer causes FX to disappear?!?!?!

slmoanfks3bt.jpg

This makes so happy I could poop.

But I won't.

Like...well...someday I might cause that would just be unhealthy.

But I'm not pooping now.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Strident Inn wip @R_K
    kp592nh2cfhk.png
    5murre1i364o.png
    oo9l0xsbmxd7.png
    69cmcah2uht9.png
    dwu2ul39l0nb.png
    67w3s81jmrgz.png
    td1axgzgu51g.png
    5kuav1ox7oky.png
    bx6ehbp6gds8.png
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was very excited to hear we can now take proper screenshots! :)

I was also hoping the new scenery would help solve my problem with the Grand Psijic Villa. I want it to be nighttime there! Alas, using a dark sky results in some majorly weird looking things off in the distance. I was hoping the Wrothgar mountains would cover it and it does....except for here.

egVCE1X.png

@R_K do you think it will ever be possible for you to give us a proper nighttme lighting effect? The darkness Veil is great for gloom but it's still obviously not night.
    Edited by MornaBaine on February 15, 2019 6:59PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol i am part of your test group so hey im pushing the addon and showing what i can do so everyone can see. you really can customize your homes now. Those aren't text pics those are the homes remeber my homes form a town in a valley, forrest and mountain range in Colovian Estates.

let me know on weekend pm me or whisper and i show you the homes, i believe im around 24ish homes and they all have sometype or will have eht effects

check out my wall in the rp forums its all eht pics,
    https://www.eso-rp.com/profile/4738559

@Krainor1974 Ack! I was visiting DDA homes today for a bit but I missed coming to yours. I'll ping you when I see you on next time to come see in person! :-)