Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Limited Time Houses

DeviousDanish
DeviousDanish
Soul Shriven
I know there isn't any word on whether these are ever coming back yet, but I figure it's good to keep asking just to make sure they know people are still interested in them.

Which one do you guys regret missing? Tel Galen for me.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Limited edition homes would be nice to have Homestead as an event.
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come to my tel Galen house. I have all crafting stations and things you might need.
    Argonian Master Race
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grand Topal Hideaway.

The thing I hate most about limited time houses is that if you happen to be away at the time (and they are on sale for such a very short time) then that's it. You've missed the chance. Full stop.

If @ZO$ insist on carrying on with this practice, then houses should be available for a minimum of three weeks, which is enough for most people to be able to go on holiday without losing out. And that would still be limited time.
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    I would've bought the grotto if it didnt come out right after I spent my crowns on the Hews Bane Palace. Probably better, much as I would've loved a boat it was just too big to decorate
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pariah's Pinnacle is returning for the Orsinium Anniversary Event. So, Tel Galen could return if they do an anniversary event for MW next year (now that it's a DLC, they might do one).
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? Not bringing back specific homes at least once a year or so is a bit jerkish IMO. And some homes, to me, make no sense to have as a limited time home. Tel Galen especially! I think the only reason that was a limited time home is because of how many people complained about flesh-looking fungus.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this isn't what you asked but I want more small or medium style homes. Would prefer available with in game gold but would spend what I get from ESO+ on them.

I know why they do the limited time offerings but would be nice if maybe on the one year anniversary of when it was first available they could offer it again. With the mounts I can see where some players would be miffed if they were released again because that takes away from the uniqueness of the mounts. With homes though they are unique because of what we put in them.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen for me as well
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My issue with the limited time housing is that I passed on many because they couldn't be decorated with the amount of slots available. If they ever do increase slots, it will be unfortunate not to be able to have another chance to buy these.
    Also, there were many houses I passed on because there wasn't much I could do with them but now that structural items like walls, floors and stairs are FINALLY in the game, I would love to see what I could have done with some of these limited time houses. But as always, the monetization practises of this company are frustrating, disincentivizing and ultimately, for me, a continual push factor away from this game!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wrothgar house is currently available for purchase during Orsinium event and it's a limited time house, so perhaps there's a chance of Tel Galen making a return to the Crown store. Fingers crossed!
  • withermane
    withermane
    Soul Shriven
    As a self proclaimed Telvanni enthusiast, it would be a crime for me to not whine about wanting Tel Galen. So have at thee ^_^ My wallet is open and waving those Euros for you Zenimax.
    Edited by withermane on August 3, 2018 10:04AM
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add them to the crown crates as a Radiant reward!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linchal Grand Manor - even though it is ridiculously huge. It's one of if not THE - only Nibenese style Imperial houses in the game. I would love more houses and furnishings in this style.

The Colovian architecture is nice but stock "Imperial" furniture is basically recolored Breton (and don't get me wrong, I love Breton style but come on Imperials need some love too)

Sorry that became kind of a rant. :)
  • kernom
    kernom
    Soul Shriven
    Bought all the crowns for the Aldemeri Grotto, got my days mixed up and poof, it's gone and I've got a bunch of useless crowns I have to save until it next comes out. Bring back the last few notable homes to commemorate the DLCs? Please?
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need Tel Galen pls, ZOS. Will trade skooma for Tel Galen
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megatto wrote: »
    I need Tel Galen pls, ZOS. Will trade skooma for Tel Galen

Tel Galen will probably be added in the Morrowind 2 year Anniversary or event mate.
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    All should just come to my tel Galen~ but honestly the limited edition part of the home is why I bought it... it would suck to have them dish out your limited edition home after you bought it largely for that reason
    Argonian Master Race
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting for Grand Topal Hideaway to be released again, its the only homestead I don't have
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arbit wrote: »
    All should just come to my tel Galen~ but honestly the limited edition part of the home is why I bought it... it would suck to have them dish out your limited edition home after you bought it largely for that reason

You know what ..it's a house, no one outside the people you told know you have it and they never will so why should that prevent those of us that weren't playing at the time from not having the opportunity to buy that house?

In the not too distant future most of us will have moved on to another game and that exclusivity won't mean a thing.
    Edited by carly on August 10, 2018 9:32PM
  • inchdixprb19_ESO
    inchdixprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine pestered zos to be able to buy Tel Galen and the frost mare horse. They relented and even gave him some free furnishings...…
    I guess asking politely could work ?
  • JadedJade
    JadedJade
    Soul Shriven
    Hunter's Glade for me, I was away from the game at the time. I think they should just do like a mass "vault" open, temporarily make all of the limited ones available again. The marketing angle has merit.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JadedJade wrote: »
    Hunter's Glade for me, I was away from the game at the time. I think they should just do like a mass "vault" open, temporarily make all of the limited ones available again. The marketing angle has merit.

Most of the older notable homes were available during the Black Fredas sale. Noticeably absent was Grand Topal and Tel Galen, but Topal I believe dropped during the Undaunted Event, and I'm assuming Tel Galen will be available during MW's upcoming anniversary event.

I've seen others post of how they were able to get one of the homes through customer support. They got the completely unfurnished version, though, like we all did with the Psijic Villa. Presumably, that has to do with the way the collectible is unlocked for players outside of the Crown Store. Which is why I'm assuming it's currently not possible to gift homes to players (maybe). Those players mentioned also getting a mail with all the furnishings that would have come with the unfurnished version, but of course, ZOS wasn't going/able to do that for all players who got the Villa.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another thread suggested a 'Homestead anniversary' event, during which they could return limited-time homes for purchase. It would be great, or even if they returned them for some other event (like Black Fredas as others mentioned), because the number of posts asking for items that are no longer available is too damn high :lol: Y U NO want sales, ZOS?

Seriously though, if you make a polite support ticket explaining your wish to purchase the house, they might arrange it. No guarantees, but as others already posted, support may help you purchase an unfurnished home.
  • JadedJade
    JadedJade
    Soul Shriven
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    JadedJade wrote: »

Most of the older notable homes were available during the Black Fredas sale. Noticeably absent was Grand Topal and Tel Galen, but Topal I believe dropped during the Undaunted Event, and I'm assuming Tel Galen will be available during MW's upcoming anniversary event.

I've seen others post of how they were able to get one of the homes through customer support. They got the completely unfurnished version, though, like we all did with the Psijic Villa. Presumably, that has to do with the way the collectible is unlocked for players outside of the Crown Store. Which is why I'm assuming it's currently not possible to gift homes to players (maybe). Those players mentioned also getting a mail with all the furnishings that would have come with the unfurnished version, but of course, ZOS wasn't going/able to do that for all players who got the Villa.

I didn't get Psijic either, also away from the game at the time. I came back just after Black Friday, so I didn't know what was open then. Good to know!
  • Derunik
    Derunik
    I made a post on this forum just for Tel Galen, seeing as the Morrowind Celebration is in a few days. I didn't know houses would be removed from the store, so I was pretty suprised to see Tel Galen pop up on my screen while exploring Morrowind. I was litterally thinking of how cool it would be if we could get a telvanni mushroom house a day prior to finding it, and since I didn't see it at the time I was tempted to check the Skyrim mods website to see if maybe someone made a telvanni house based upon the one in Solstheim.

The only bad part about the Tel Galen home is the fact that the house itself is really tiny. The top floor room can barely hold a troll in it.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derunik wrote: »
    The only bad part about the Tel Galen home is the fact that the house itself is really tiny. The top floor room can barely hold a troll in it.

Only?

The fact that it looks like a giant tumorous *** doesn't count as bad?
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

Only?

Lol :smiley: The poor Tel Galen designer is probably crying somewhere, nobody appreciates the time and effort they spent modeling all those revolting little holes and twisty tentacle-like protrustions on those overflowing tumors... :cry: But yeah, the Telvanni mushroom houses are a bit of a miss visually... especially with that particular colour :lol: uugggh
  • Derunik
    Derunik
    bluebird wrote: »
    Nerouyn wrote: »

Only?

Lol :smiley: The poor Tel Galen designer is probably crying somewhere, nobody appreciates the time and effort they spent modeling all those revolting little holes and twisty tentacle-like protrustions on those overflowing tumors... :cry: But yeah, the Telvanni mushroom houses are a bit of a miss visually... especially with that particular colour :lol: uugggh

I mean all the Telvanni towers in this game look like that, or atleast that's the impression I got from it. Seems like someone managed to screw with all the Telvanni towers in this era xD. I'd still like to have it, since there's no chance they'll rebuild something they already sold & is incorporated into the base game (if you buy a new copy) anyway.
  • inchdixprb19_ESO
    inchdixprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    well tel galen is back from Thursday this week
    will likely buy it this time
  • theman22
    theman22
    Soul Shriven
    Hopefully one day Grand Topal Hideaway come back to the crown store.
    Edited by theman22 on February 7, 2019 8:29AM