The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Steam's insanely stupid issues with ESO

• JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, and the Steam Beta tip didn't help
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Karavis3
    Karavis3
    ✭✭
    I tried letting it update. Didn't work.

I ended up uninstalling it and then reinstalling the game. Now it works.
  • D_Havier
    D_Havier
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Steam is aware of the download issues players are experiencing and have a fix upcoming. You can find further details in the post below.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements/detail/1739981247198858778

So this didn't work for me when I did it....had to uninstall ESO and Steam but not before I had incurred a significant cost of data overage with my provider. To try and circumvent this I had to sign up for "unlimited internet" I'd normally use 3Gs a day....140 GB!!! in one day. That means I'm paying another $30/month as I try to deal with this mess.

I am an ESO subscriber who hasn't been able to access the game for 4 days now. I am presently awaiting the 10 hr reinstall of the game WHICH I don't even know will work. I had to dump 4600+ hours of play and will have lost my characters. My question are you guys just gonna point your fingers at Steam or are you gonna man yup and do something to reimburse people like me who got totally screwed over in this mess?
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D_Havier wrote: »
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Steam is aware of the download issues players are experiencing and have a fix upcoming. You can find further details in the post below.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements/detail/1739981247198858778

So this didn't work for me when I did it....had to uninstall ESO and Steam but not before I had incurred a significant cost of data overage with my provider. To try and circumvent this I had to sign up for "unlimited internet" I'd normally use 3Gs a day....140 GB!!! in one day. That means I'm paying another $30/month as I try to deal with this mess.

I am an ESO subscriber who hasn't been able to access the game for 4 days now. I am presently awaiting the 10 hr reinstall of the game WHICH I don't even know will work. I had to dump 4600+ hours of play and will have lost my characters. My question are you guys just gonna point your fingers at Steam or are you gonna man yup and do something to reimburse people like me who got totally screwed over in this mess?

I suggest filing tickets through Steam Support as they'll tell you the same thing. Contact Steam Support and report that the beta isn't working so they can nail down more information that will help not just you, but others. This isn't just a problem for ZoS, nor one that they created. It's all in the TOS, they will not reimburse you over these issues (because they know it's not their fault). You have to take these things to Steam (who knows it's their fault). I know it's not what you want to hear, but you're not going to get anywhere with trying to get ZoS to take the fall when several developers are literally affected by this (eg Beamdog, Rockstar).
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!