The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master Merchant Question

Easily_Lost
Easily_Lost
✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering why the profit margin amount shows a negative amount?
I am selling items for more than the average amount. I also posted this on the ESOUI Master Merchant comment page.
PC - NA - AD
started April 2015
PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, had to look up a picture so I can make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Here's a picture of a Master Merchant Listings pages that shows someone's listings on their Guild Store:
    pvw2825.jpg

The Profit Margin percentages are from the perspective of a buyer, not the seller.

So if we look at the [Pact's Beads] item, we see that the Seller is selling for 33.33% less than the average price in their guilds. This is a "good deal" for the buyer.

On the other hand, we see that the [Covenant Ice Staff] has an average selling price of half that what the Seller has listed it for. This would be a "bad deal" for the buyer.

What this means for you as the Seller is that you can see what your buyers will look for. Most buyers look for "good deals" that are under the average price for their guilds, i.e. white, green, blue, purple or gold percentages. The greater your percentage is in the red, the more likely you are to be undercut by someone in your guild and the less likely a buyer is to buy your wares.

So if you are selling for above the average price in your guild, yes, the Profit Margin will be negative and a red or white color.

Its up to you if you want to price your items high, thus banking on the higher individual sales to make up for possible longer sale times, or price your items below the guild average, hoping that quick, bulk sales will make up for potential lost profits. Sometimes it depends on the items - I sell raw materials which get priced lower on average and alchemy reagents where I can price them a little higher due to demand.

Now, please keep in mind that when you look at your items, MM uses the data from your guilds. If I look at your items, my MM will use MY data from my guilds. So the exact percentages are going to vary from player to player.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are talking about the same thing. Thank you for clearing it up.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.