Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What housing updates are you hoping to see this year?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off the top of my head I'd say:
    • ambient NPCs (minstrels, waiters, gardeners, that sort of stuff)
    • changeable appearance for storage containers, to fit the house style (the one you get for free feels really out of place in my Snugpod)
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fix for the crafting stations/interactables moving and becoming unusable on player built structures.

More housing slots.

Better dueling, like floor-enabled structures that recognize AOEs.
  • AngelaWasp
    AngelaWasp
    ✭✭✭
    Increased limit for pets/mounts
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngelaWasp wrote: »
    Increased limit for pets/mounts

This. The Special Collections limit is 10, which is absurdly low. I refuse to even consider buying another home until I know I can display all my mounts and pets.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    • Getting rid of the "primary residence" limitation for our visitors. Implement the PTF add-on features into base game.
    • A guild-friendly system. Being able to set our houses as Guild Halls + some features for guilds (customizable banners...)
    • Customizable names for our homes. I mean real customization = a name that is actually readable for people who enter our house (in mouseover text, and if possible, in the loadscreen text too).
    • Increased furniture cap for notable houses (instancing the item number in the interior out from the slots of the exterior).
    • More models that are already in game released as furnishings. Plenty of lists already. (Just speaking as high-elf: Auridon Tents, 3 formats (big blue-grey, big white-yellow, small white-yellow...), Auridon Rosebush, Summerset Gryphon nest, Summerset Spurce straight (2 sizes), Summerset Maples (2 main colors, 3 sizes each), dwarf Bamboo, Summerset Hydrangea, Summerset Geranium ...)
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    • More "water" furniture so we can create little pools or lakes
    • NPCs for the house, but I imagine these more like the Soul Shriven dude instead of banker/merchant. Give me a maid that just sweeps in the corner or a dude chopping wood. They don't have to offer a real service.
    • Guild features: allow us to mark a home as a guild house that comes with bonuses like being able to access guild store/bank, ability to hang guild tabards/signs, etc. They can restrict it to guilds with 50+ members and just add features over time.
    • Bigger furnishing limit, at least for notables and mansions
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    * Item scaling
    * Music Instruments
    * Ability to rotate items in predefined angle increments
    * Furniture "crafting bag"
    * Portal Stone
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crafting writ courier (assistant) or writ board/turn-in (collectible furnishing)

Expanded assistant functions within a home (guild bank/trader access, repairs, laundering & perhaps even a reduction in the 35% fence "penalty")

More apartments and small/medium homes FOR GOLD

A home in the Hollow City (yes, I know there is the blank slate "home," but I'm talking about an actual house in the city itself.)

More variety of crafting stations that AREN'T CS exclusive - I'd love to have the oven from Vvardenfell, but NOT as a CS exclusive. Make it cost 125 writ vouchers like the jewelry station.

More interactable furniture - let us "sleep" on our beds, e.g.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Items like weapon racks and individual weapons and armor.

Would be great to be able to increase or decrease the size of items.

Water.

Items that can be harvested. Like a tree that drops x amount of wood to harvest each day.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shamlessly stealing from the great ideas above:
    • More apartments and small/medium homes FOR GOLD
    • More interactable furniture - let us "sleep" on our beds, e.g.
    • Getting rid of the "primary residence" limitation for our visitors. Implement the PTF add-on features into base game.
    • A guild-friendly system.
    • Increased limit for pets/mounts

Plus:
    • Co-ownership/home share for Pledge of Mara characters - caveat emptor when giving permissions to be a co-owner
    • More clutter/decorative items. These are already all over the world, armor/weapons laying about, open books, musical instruments, etc.
    • Remove the chokepoints of crafting furniture - limited resources (culanda), abysmal plan drop rates)
  • Luxtica
    Luxtica
    Soul Shriven
    Resize objects
    I need to resize chandeliers in my villa really bad!

Edit; Add me to the list of supporters for water also:)
    Edited by Luxtica on January 17, 2019 11:14PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those on pc I would recommend checking out Essential Housing Tools and it’s new FX feature for custom water, fog, sky, creature, landscaping and building options.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html
  • Tiedän
    Tiedän
    ✭✭✭
    • Retroactive fixes to some existing homes to allow for more space and customizability (Hakkvild's High Hall, Grand Topal Island, etc..)
    • Larger housing item cap
    • The ability to import our other characters into our homes as an ambient NPC
    • More 'interactability' with housing items (sleeping in beds, opening drawers, interacting with food/items on tables etc..)
    • AI for mounts, pets and assistants in our homes to allow them to walk around and interact with things in our homes so i don't feel like i'm entering a wax museum.
    "Battle-Born is a name out of legend, sung in the songs of old and heard in deeds of valor for a hundred generations. 'For Clan Battle-Born!' they cry in the mead halls. 'First into the fray and last to quit their ale!'" - Olfrid Battle-Born
    PC/Mac - NA
    Thian Battle-Born - Nord Stamina DK DPS
    Alynu Dreth - Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Reeh-Jah Nisar - Argonian Stamina Nightblade DPS
    Eraldil Riverrun - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
    Tsavani Khanai - Khajit Magicka Templar DPS
    Laila The Huntress - Nord Stamina DK Tank
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    More small houses. Put them in towns so we can live in our favourite areas. (In Clockwork City for instance) C"mon guys you can sell so much furniture.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more slots
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    - upped housing cap
    - mannequins for armor
    - weapon plaques
    - Ability to visit non primary houses
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yeah, allow wayshrines in the gardens. Want to know why I don't use the free Summerset mansion? IT'S SO FAR FROM A WAYSHRINE IT TAKES AN ABSURD AMOUNT OF TIME TO GET ANYWHERE FROM IT.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is rich with wonderful ideas!

I'll add a few of mine which I have posted elsewhere before:

Player Guild Furnishings: Furnishings which display the same emblem that displays on a Guild's Tabard. Could include myriad items like Banners, Tapestries, Rugs, Crates, Shields, Statues, and siege weapons. Shouldn't be costly computer-resource-wise as they would all be pointing to the same texture for the Guild Emblem.

Attunable Portals: Purchasable with writs at the Mage's or Psijic's guilds. Must be attuned at a Wayshrine, Delve, or Public Dungeon (ie respawn points; no pvp areas or trials) before placement. Allows anyone to use it to teleport directly to the target area's respawn point.

More Specialty Furnishings purchasable with Writs: Things like Crafting Writ Request Boards, Crafting Drop Off Boxes, Wayshrines, and Stables to help make epic guild houses.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double slot number - 700 standard and 1400 with ESO+ - or at the very least allow homes with exterior and interior to have 2 slot amounts - 700 inside and 700 outside :)
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Housing is a woefully under developed aspect of ESO. Credit where its due, they have the genus of a great idea and a great feature, that is now being let down because its neglected. The key is making houses useful and as you say, interactive.

- Increase the dreadfully low item limits on all houses, which is ridiculous, what is the point in gaining all those monster trophies if you cant even display them all? What is the point in having all those pets and mounts if they cannot all be placed? The game has grown and house space has not grown with it. Heck Id even PAY to increase the size ESO.

- Ability to place all your accounts characters around your house, in exactly the same way the banker, shop and fence can be. This would really increase the immersion, as if your characters can be part of the same fellowship with your house as the base.

- As above, ability to place numerous NPC, non interactive characters, such as a stable hand, a cook, bar tenders, shop keepers, dock workers, servants and GUARDS! This would massively increase immersion, allowing you to make your home a community, at least aesthetically. It makes sense that a powerful and successful warrior/mage etc as we are supposed to be, would have this.

- Ability to colour or "paint" some items, like walls. Were really getting towards the 'Ark' side of construction and customisability now though. Its not a priority for me.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More small/medium homes. Preferable in towns near wayshrines, and with a small yard. Apartments in DLC zones, especially Wrothgar, which has only one home, and that's no longer available. Vvandenfell got it about right: Inn room, Medium, Large, and the limited time Manor. Do the same with Wrothgar, and add a room in Orsinium, and a crescent longhouse (small), plus a stone medium home elsewhere. Murkmire also needs smaller homes along the same lines.

I'd like to see Inn rooms and Apartments get to one per zone eventually. It would provide a direct path to the zone for any alts that haven't yet explored that zone.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I'd like to see Inn rooms and Apartments get to one per zone eventually. It would provide a direct path to the zone for any alts that haven't yet explored that zone.

So true. There are "barred" (i.e unusable) doors all over that could become apartments since character just magically port into the interiors. Balmoral, Hew's Bane - heck even in Cyrodiil (I know, I know - but there are some adorable little houses in Cyrodiil)

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ability to open up all of our homes for viewing, and more stairs in colors other than white.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • raikumori
    raikumori

For the love of everything holy, please please PLEASE let us ride mounts through the larger homes!

I love my gigantic houses, but it’s so hard to show people the general overview or just get from one side to the other on foot.

Also, I’m gonna throw in my vote for more water features, NPC’s that move around, guild specific decorations, opening all of our houses to people, and attunable Wayshrines. That would be amazing.
    Edited by raikumori on February 1, 2019 1:08AM
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like npcs to visit my home. Randomly would be nice to greet me when I arrive home. They could been give special items if you see them in your home. This would encourage me to visit more.

I would also like an increase in certain item types.
    I'd like an increase in the storage box item limit, 60 and 30 isn't enough.
    For the roof to be fixed in many homes where when it rains through the roof ie daggerfall manor and the 1 in the rift.
    I would like the ability to change my merchant and bankers costumes. Mannequins would be nice where you could put them in your homes to display costumes.
    I would also like to see more colourful vibrant house items. I have forgot which area they are in (think it's dominion) has lovely bright red trees.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlimited furnishings bag for ESO+ members.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Argon9
    Argon9
    Soul Shriven
    There is few things i would like to have that came up my mind:

Unlimited furnishings bag for ESO+ members - I have lots of furnishing items and it gets soon full in my bank :D

Ambient npcs - think of having your alts / or some kind of racial/ faction themed npcs walking around or interacts as you ever please too fit your home. I would love have some argonian tribe folk themed npcs too my Lakemire Xanmeer Manor.

Armor Mannequins and weapon plaques - almost like in skyrim it would be cool to have that.

Guild themed furnishing - pressent your guild at your home, banners, flags and so on.

Racial themed craft stations - i would like to have some nice argoian craft station styles.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever see ambulatory housing NPCs because pathing is different in every home.

They can program set paths for regular game NPCs because they know where the obstacles are in every zone. I can envision the majority of NPCs getting stuck and walking in place or bouncing around where we put furnishings, trees, etc... or falling off cliffs, etc.

It's a nice idea, but highly impractical to implement.

Edited by Jaraal on February 2, 2019 6:08PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like mentioned before, unlimited furnishing bag for ESO + members would be a dream to have.
    I'm currently considering to get that new Arena house and make it as a new guildhall, but it will be a pain to move all the attunable crafting stations from original house into new one. :s

And now when mentioning crafting stations, I also would like to see own furnishing item slots for crafting stations only.
    I find it pity that I can add many useless Undaunted trophies around my house since they have own item slots, but most important guild hall aspect - crafting stations - takes so many item slots that it's harder to make a house cozy with proper lightning and avoid making the house look half empty due limited slots. Giving own item slots for crafting stations would make guild halls great again. :)
    (Own furnishing slots for mundus stones would be nice as well.)
  • superryan94
    superryan94
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see more options to immerse crafting stations in workstations to improve the looks of a workshop.
    l8heqyq85c0t.png
    Also, due to the level of detail I demand in my own creations it's impossible to use all the room in big houses.
    Like Psijic villa, I can only use the central hall, the balconies and the open towers at the side with thee slots I have leaving the garden, backroom and the 2 wings completely empty.
    Also since the main hall is going to be a bar like place I like to have some kind of animated npc in my house to make it feel more lively. Now it will just look like some abandon shed with a merchant and banker giving it a very unpleasant feeling to be in.
    d1uf620l17j9.png
    Edited by superryan94 on February 2, 2019 11:30PM