The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DPS check/help

happyhughes2001
happyhughes2001
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,

I’m a pet Sorc, High Elf, Full Vamp.

Damage abilities are Volitile Familar, Healing Matriach, Deadric Prey, Element Blockade, Liquid Lightning, L/H Attacks.

I have Necropotenece and Valkyn Skoria Monster Set. Undaunted passives and 5,1,1 setup.

With those abilities is it better to go with a crit set like Mothers Sorrow and Thief Mundas or Something like Julianos and Mage Mundas for even more magic?

Sustain is never an issue, so with the abilities I use is more critical or more magic better for damage.

Thanks in advance for advice.
Edited by happyhughes2001 on February 1, 2019 4:48PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you want to know whether you should go for more magicka or more spell critical, what are your current stats?
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might depend a bit on what you are doing with it. I went elegant set w/ surge and my HA hits hard and heals/sustains me between rotations of liquid and blockade. The Pets provide enough distractions and assist heals I pretty much can solo anything. Going to farm some undaunted infiltrator when I gat home to add to the elegant.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recommend switching valkyn for ilambris, running a flame glyph on your front bar, and running thief + julianos. Necro + pets gives such a large pool that the extra spell damage helps your damage a bit more than pure crit stacking.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spell dmg doesn't help pets, crit helps pets and enchants.

Julianos and Mothers Sorrow have almost identical stats. It's a trade between 300 spell dmg or 8.8% crit. As a pet build. I'd say use Mothers Sorrow + Necropotence + Illambris + Mage Mundus.

If you have great sustain, use infused weapons w/ flame and shock enchants. If you feel your dmg is too low, use infused staff w/ weapon enchant instead of shock or sustain too low, use infused absorb magicka.

A flame vma staff back bar with wall of elements will help cover some fire dmg to help illambris, lightning staff front bar. You could use lightning staff back bar and rely on an infused flame enchant to help proc illambris if you wanted.

Try getting Perfect Mantle of Siroria + Necropotence, gives 2k magicka, minor slayer and + 729 total spell dmg. So it still helps pets a little, but the crazy high dmg is hard to pass up for everything else that doesn't scale off just max magicka.

Really depends what you like to do with it, is this for pve, pvp, pug groups, arenas, trials?
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 31, 2019 8:59PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • TheDarkoil
    TheDarkoil
    ✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    Might depend a bit on what you are doing with it. I went elegant set w/ surge and my HA hits hard and heals/sustains me between rotations of liquid and blockade. The Pets provide enough distractions and assist heals I pretty much can solo anything. Going to farm some undaunted infiltrator when I gat home to add to the elegant.

Undaunted infiltrator sounds good but being a medium set and having 1 weapon critical trait I would advise against it, if you want to run a heavy attack build with a magsorc you should get the Infallible mage set. Easy to pug the trials it drops in and most people in them aren't interested in that set anymore due to siroria and those trials are usually farmed by stam people wanting advancing yokeda and viscious ophidian.
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the replies. I appreciate the advice.

My current stats with Mothers Sorrow, Necro and Valkyn are

Magical 53k
    Health 20k
    Stamina 11k

Spell critical 56%
    Spell Damage 2385

I use max health and magic food

I use tri pot potions, normally if I need extra stamina to break free etc. ( I have major Spell damage and crit from abilities).

Mage Mundas.

I have 2 Infused shock lightning staffs.

The Jewellery has spell damage glyphs. (I was going to change one to bloodthirsty?)

All small armour pieces are divines. All big pieces are infused.

Everything is gold quality.

All undaunted passives, 5,1,1 setup.

Full Vamp all passives.

I use it in PVE play. I have never done a trial ( really want to). Slowly going through vet dungeons.

I want to do VMA also. I keep putting it off, don’t know why.

Not very good at pvp, but I use the sets you get from rewards to play in battlegrounds etc.

I seem to do well in group content, I can look after myself, was just wondering with the abilities I use that I wasn’t missing a trick with more magic or more Crit/spell damage.

Thanks again for reading post and for the advice.

Thanks
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the replies. I appreciate the advice.

My current stats with Mothers Sorrow, Necro and Valkyn are

Magical 53k
    Health 20k
    Stamina 11k

Spell critical 56%
    Spell Damage 2385

I use max health and magic food

I use tri pot potions, normally if I need extra stamina to break free etc. ( I have major Spell damage and crit from abilities).

Mage Mundas.

I have 2 Infused shock lightning staffs.

The Jewellery has spell damage glyphs. (I was going to change one to bloodthirsty?)

All small armour pieces are divines. All big pieces are infused.

Everything is gold quality.

All undaunted passives, 5,1,1 setup.

Full Vamp all passives.

I use it in PVE play. I have never done a trial ( really want to). Slowly going through vet dungeons.

I want to do VMA also. I keep putting it off, don’t know why.

Not very good at pvp, but I use the sets you get from rewards to play in battlegrounds etc.

I seem to do well in group content, I can look after myself, was just wondering with the abilities I use that I wasn’t missing a trick with more magic or more Crit/spell damage.

Thanks again for reading post and for the advice.

Thanks

Hi guys,

With my build above, I did 35k on the test dummy.

I know that isn’t the greatest, but that’s passable isn’t it?

Im on Xbox so I can’t get anymore breakdown than that.

Rotation is -

I keep Critical surge and shield up at all times. (Shield is 10k) I can also heal with twilight matriarch.

Then Deadric Prey, LA, Liquid Lightning, LA, Elemental Blockade, LA, Unstable Familiar Pulse, HA, repeat.

Ultimate is elemental rage (Destruction staff Ultimate.

I do it in that order because of the timings on the skills? And Valkyn Skoria seems to proc endlessly.

Am I missing any tricks?

Thanks
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    35k is really good, but i wouldn't recommend skoria for pve. but without knowing your cp and if someone eledrained for you we cant give you specific answers
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also pets are being changed to get damage from spell damage as well next patch, so everything you do now, you will have to do again.
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    35k is really good, but i wouldn't recommend skoria for pve. but without knowing your cp and if someone eledrained for you we cant give you specific answers

Hi thanks for reply.

I like Skoria because it seems to proc endlessly and doesn’t miss. And it hits pretty hard?

I had some tests which were a bit lower (32+33), I imagine it depends on how often the monster set procs.

CP is 707.

I have only got 11 points currently in spell penertration should I have more?

I didn’t have anybody with me when doing the dummy test.

Thanks
    Edited by happyhughes2001 on February 2, 2019 10:32AM
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I change monster set to illambris should I change both weapon glyphs to fire instead of shock?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    also pets are being changed to get damage from spell damage as well next patch, so everything you do now, you will have to do again.

No they are not. Pets still only scale with max magic.
    .All pets will now inherit your bonuses and derived stats. This means your Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Multipliers, Champion Points, and other % damage or healing amplifications will be applied to any pet you summon. Item sets that summon pets will continue to not inherent your Critical Strike Chance.

Developer Comment:

This was aimed at making the stat scaling system easier to understand in the long run; when you increase your own damage, your pets will now follow in scale as such. This is part of an ongoing process to make pets clearer and more enjoyable to use.

Nowhere does that say spell damage.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 3, 2019 6:28AM
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭

Hi thanks for reply.

I like Skoria because it seems to proc endlessly and doesn’t miss. And it hits pretty hard?

I had some tests which were a bit lower (32+33), I imagine it depends on how often the monster set procs.

CP is 707.

I have only got 11 points currently in spell penertration should I have more?

I didn’t have anybody with me when doing the dummy test.

Thanks

2xSkoria/5x Necro/ 5X Mother's Sorrow Main bar: Shock staff w/precise trait and fire enchant Back bar: Shock staff (or Maelstrom Lightning if you hv it) w/Infused trait and Wep/Sp DMG enchant

Since your max mag & your crit% is definitely above the 47% threshold, you def shld be using Shadow mundus to incr your Crit DMG

Refer to Alcasthq.com: https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pet-build-pve/ for this build and he also does good job on CP points for this build!

I Prefer Skoria over Zaan since i prefer to play ranged, and Ilambris can miss. Skoria when it lands it hits.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • spacebandit
    spacebandit
    ✭✭✭
    Just going to throw this out there. Have you tried maw of the infernal monster set? The testing I have done puts maw>>>lambris in the amount of damage it does in pve.
  • spacebandit
    spacebandit
    ✭✭✭
    Someone necroed this..