Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grand Psijic Villa Fully Furnished 700/700

Hrolthar
Hrolthar
✭✭✭
After months of effort I finally finished my Psijic Villa. Filled all the slots and I'm pretty happy with it. It now has a bath/sauna room, fully stocked kitchen, 2 libraries, a private quarters/suite and a spooky undercroft for my vampire character! :)

Updated the video as I've done quite a bit more to it since the first one. Had to get rid of the undercroft for a lot more slots.

https://youtu.be/GZTOaHxX8Ls
Edited by Hrolthar on April 12, 2019 8:20PM
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool seeing the inside utilized! I'm probably going to build a ruin by the waterfall. I love the outside area too much.
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much! I wish I could have utilised the outside a bit more but just settled for having it look as covered as possible with the angled trees and pergolas etc.
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Hrolthar You'e filled the home nicely, no large empty spaces at all. I particularly like the kitchen lighting, feels homey. :)

Your attention to detail is fabulous! Every item is placed just so, and in the perfect position. Obviously this has been a labour of love for you. It shows! :)
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    JaZ2091 wrote: »
    Very cool seeing the inside utilized! I'm probably going to build a ruin by the waterfall. I love the outside area too much.

Check out my Villa if you are looking for ideas. Not exactly a ruin, but it's built at the waterfall. T'is my primary.
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much and thanks for the invite! 😀 I'm on Xbox EU though, don't know if you are too?
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done. I would say this is nearing the praxis of elven design if not for the inclusion of coldharbour-like objects. I am on X-box NA if you ever want to see what a grand Telvanni fungal tower looks like.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I would imagine that it is phenomenal as ever!

Had to do a creepy basement for my vampire character and not many other assets to do it with.
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing attention to detail, I agree !
    I really love the whole realism theme here , every object is placed in a way to serve a particular purpose.

Curtains between rooms, plants near windows, screen in the bathroom, this house is a work of art!
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for the kind words. It means a lot after so much time and effort. It becomes an obsession once you start as we all know and it's nice and a relief to finally finish a house and know it worked out in the end. 😀
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is wonderfully furnished. very classy and elegant. nice job!
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recognize you did a good job but everything is just so dark in it.. the light barely carries and the hall ways and open areas are just so dark... I just can't like that.
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recognize you did a good job but everything is just so dark in it.. the light barely carries and the hall ways and open areas are just so dark... I just can't like that.

The Psijic Villa is notoriously difficult to decorate and light. I think @Hrolthar has done an amazing job, especially with the lighting. It doesn't look dark to me at all. Maybe you should turn your brightness up?

An awesome from me to @Hrolthar :)
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The floor is dark because no light is over it, you can see it all over. My brightness at max does not change that. It's a problem with the game itself I recognize that, but still I would have preferred like chandeliers maybe.
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The floor is dark because no light is over it, you can see it all over. My brightness at max does not change that. It's a problem with the game itself I recognize that, but still I would have preferred like chandeliers maybe.

Culanda and Varla stones hidden in strategic areas (in walls, floors, inside statues, etc) will make most houses bright as daylight inside.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    most houses I see are decorated in ways that are overdone and not coherent with themselves, but your psijic villa is imo decorated so well. Nothing honestly looks sparse to me. I think it would help the outside if the pink and white flower trees were bigger since the villa is so massive, but everything still looks great.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome work, really impressive, particularly the lighting which gives it a lovely homely feel.

If I am ubber critical, constructively, I would suggest only having one "library" circular room, instead of two. And using the other as more of a communal sleeping quarters or something.

Also think the back room behind the main hall is set up perfectly to display a lot of monster trophies, this would be in keeping with the look of the room youve gone for as well.

Great job. I can only dream of doing this to my villa!

• Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow man I'm also working hard to make use of the villa, its such a huge place. I really love your kitchen area, will definitly see if I can seek some inspiration from that!
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much! Updated the video as I've done quite a bit more to it since the first one. Had to get rid of the undercroft for a lot more slots unfortunately.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    good
  • Dyvm
    Dyvm
    Awesome work, really impressive, particularly the lighting which gives it a lovely homely feel.

Also think the back room behind the main hall is set up perfectly to display a lot of monster trophies, this would be in keeping with the look of the room youve gone for as well.

Great job. I can only dream of doing this to my villa!

I'll agree with this while removing the minor criticism. I do have to echo the part about that back room... If I can I'll try and capture my Villas back room as I have it set up as a trophy room.
  • Dyvm
    Dyvm
    With that undercroft *I* personally feel it is jut too set up for a trophy room. Here are pics from my set up.

sxc7sjxnhyhu.png
    nhchssff4pyz.png
    tt2bl2bmwuy1.png
    gnm1h7xpmai5.png
    c15cf7qbfnn3.png
    b1xp3wfzpxbk.png
    p3q6dalaj2bp.png
    5gepqxwf0jrz.png
    sjz9s2v9r701.png
    hocyhf0fod5t.png
    g93v949d0ab2.png
  • Dyvm
    Dyvm
    PS mines not "full" yet.
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    That looks awesome! I think I should start collecting more monster trophies and give it a go.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job! I like it because you used Alinor furniture, and the extra styles you used blend it quite well.

Regarding the lighting criticism, try to light it properly yourself 1st, see how hard it is, because how huge the place is. I am not a big fan of the interior (not your work, but the interior as the house design), because compared to how beautiful and varied the exterior is, the interior was just rushed, they copied the palace from Alinor and added the old room in the back, which adds some interesting possibilities, but otherwise, the "cathedral" doesn't make much sense, it is odd.

I see trophies like a trap, you don't really need to place every one, because they are not relevant. None will check every bust or trophy you put in your house! You will just waste slots. Some trophies are quite nice to have, like I always find a place for the vHRC one, lady Mephala bust or one of the dragon heads. The troll head is also great for Nord houses. I like that in this villa the attention went to more interesting things than placing trophies everywhere!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm quite impressed! You've managed to make the house feel like a home - a grand, opulent home! You've given me some great ideas! I've done a few things with my Villa, but it's so large and lighting is such a problem. But, I like how you achieved the grand libraries with not that much actual furnishings. It really works well with just desks in the center, when you utilize the carpets to make it appear less sparse.

I've considered blocking off the ruin in the back, as I can't think of what to do with it, and I could certainly use the slots elsewhere. Right now, it just has my blue crystals collection.
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, that's very kind of you. As a role player I do like to keep as closely to the racial style as possible. (So yes my High Elf characters are stuck up and need their comforts :) )
  • BloodLegions
    BloodLegions
    ✭✭
    Ohh wow. I love how.youve used the Elinor archways to add to the ancient Elinor theme.percetly got for any altmer. I feel you pain. Most of my rooms had much more detail in. I tried to add the lore books into the bookcase in the undercroft and in my ayleid theme uper section but had to cut them. It's so hard to furnish with just 700 spaces D; I have 2 more themed areas I wanted to do outside and need to finish my Nord area off. But the rest I think looks really nice. would have liked to added a few more benches to the garden and a dock but alsa ran out of space v.v
    9x86jd7ablrb.png
    hbebqhply1bb.png
    y19y9u31j424.png
    6yppn0t94vhm.png
    rrtqdeje7ift.png
    ppjhq7y4xmvc.png
    0v8909ilhnai.png
    grdi0a34ga8i.png
    obirwh0dolx7.png
    wkzj4q8byn1m.png
    pn5t18mxor50.png
    4e7altcphj8y.png
    mu2zsp6g28y4.png

They are just of my garden each of my chars has they're own place to call home and relax.

y1guunz31ici.pngv4rn3lxpzovm.png
    wgnud3ae8yrh.png
    jhf533vtaago.png
    ukhe2nf9rulv.png
    k44x7eeigmci.png
    hy835gj1z6t3.png
    mah2m7cew94p.png
    r2sbfxex42o1.png
    7dabks6mqyg6.png
    7ycrz90mfmk0.png
    g0s2iiln9x10.png
    w4wur7nypln5.png
    xzynxfdyn1o7.png
    xatgcydhj31g.png
    ggy09qdsb1j4.png
    jb28iah4myjh.png
    z47hqgtikmfu.png
    t68508dgtkbc.png
    49j8gvlfeoel.png
    ts3t1l0yq9f4.png
    1jw2corcs0wa.png
    e1wbvpzrvr48.png
    qy8kc1p1gk02.png
    wiwg5fb5um5f.png

Apologies for the amount of pics. New to the forum so unsure how this works. And am unsure on how to do a vid. But I can screenshot Haha.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hrolthar very well done! The Psijic can be quite tricky to decorate in a way that makes it look full of life and you've managed to do so very nicely. Your use of candles is lovely and the kitchen is perfectly stocked. I love the attention to detail throughout. Thank you for sharing!
  • aceisnumberone_ESO
    aceisnumberone_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Can someone give me a list of all furniture to buy from the crown store to fully decorate this house, including how many of each item?
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice, grats!
    at a place nobody knows