Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bow/bow pve dps

Mettaricana
Mettaricana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Just looking for ideas on gear race and classes preferably more than just nightblade. To hit as high as possible i have some ideas but looking for outside input
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me second the recommendation above by @tactx - the linked thread is a fantastic resource. The thread's author and some of the commenters there really know some stuff about bow/bow.

Is bow/bow the best dps? Nope. Is bow/bow viable? You bet. I run three bow/bow chars and find I enjoy sorc most, then warden, then NB but I think some of it depends on what you want to do with them as well as personal preferences and what kind of 'feel' you want for the character.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • MuchShock
    MuchShock
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=cHXxDNYWaak

:#:# I like playing this one from @xynode
    Edited by MuchShock on January 29, 2019 11:33PM
    I have some characters, play the game and do stuff. It's fun sometimes.

Xbox-NA
  • vrodnenok
    vrodnenok
    i came back from WoW, in which i played a hunter, and this warden build came the closest to wow hunters playstyle. so i made my warden as per @xynode recommendations. (the easy option, with gryphone set and no psijic skills) 26500 dps with 499 cp and without pots. today i will try agaun but with potions, guess 30k is doable even for a noob lke me, as during the last test i ran out of stamina several times with potions that wouldnt happen, i believe. (i am Orc and have no vMA bow).

p.s. i like Xynodes guides. Really good explanations.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Im not fan of bow/bow builds as many players just cant play as such. At least if you go for vet DLC dungeons it really aint the best option to go. For any overland content or solo play why not.
  • vrodnenok
    vrodnenok
    what is the reason that bow/bow builds cant do vet dlc content? only spammable ability is different.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shack80 wrote: »
    Im not fan of bow/bow builds as many players just cant play as such. At least if you go for vet DLC dungeons it really aint the best option to go. For any overland content or solo play why not.

I took my bowden to vet trials, was able to pull my weight and more. Even outparsed meta melee builds
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    shack80 wrote: »

I took my bowden to vet trials, was able to pull my weight and more. Even outparsed meta melee builds

Pm me details so i can find a good starting point i got a build cooking but any crucial dps booster details would be nice to know.
    Edited by Mettaricana on January 30, 2019 3:03PM
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    vrodnenok wrote: »
    what is the reason that bow/bow builds cant do vet dlc content? only spammable ability is different.

They can but in the right hands I would say. Even the spammable can be the same cliff racer on warden and surprise attack on nightblade. Tought if you are not using dualwield you are gonna lose some important passives and few skills I would prefer.

TBH ppl cant usually even do damage with dualwield/bow build so going for bow/bow would be even more horrible. Maybe the endgame players would perform well with that but then again haven't seen many topteams running bow/bow when going for harder content.

It might just be might but I would not like to see PUG team with dds running bow/bow. Once I had one of the kind and he was close to useless on vet Scalecaller.