Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Take my money (2019) : What housing items/upgrades would you throw money at?

• ed7878
    ed7878
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    The one thing I would pay crowns for is an NPC writ courier or a writ board/turn-in. I want to have a reason to craft in the homes where I created nice crafting areas.

This is a fantastic idea. The reason I could never get behind the in-house crafting sign idea was because...."Who's been in my house, putting up signs for odd jobs???? Could have sworn I locked the door..." Having a courier totally re-engages the immersion...
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I would not pay for more housing slots. I believe that if they were ever able to increase them, that it should be a free update. If they were in the crown store, I'd just pass them by. No reason to spend MORE money for a house I've already spent money on (the only homes I need more slots for are the large/notable homes that I purchased with crowns).

What if they gave the option to buy them with either gold or crowns, ala character and bank inventory?
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/453086/what-housing-updates-are-you-hoping-to-see-this-year#latest
    • Getting rid of the "primary residence" limitation for our visitors. Implement the PTF add-on features into base game.
    • A guild-friendly system. Being able to set our houses as Guild Halls + some features for guilds (customizable banners...)
    • Customizable names for our homes. I mean real customization = a name that is actually readable for people who enter our house (in mouseover text, and if possible, in the loadscreen text too).
    • Increased furniture cap for notable houses (instancing the item number in the interior out from the slots of the exterior).
    • More models that are already in game released as furnishings. Plenty of lists already. (Just speaking as high-elf: Auridon Tents, 3 formats (big blue-grey, small white-yellow...), Auridon Rosebush, Summerset Gryphon Nest, Summerset Spurce straight (2 sizes), Summerset Maples (2 main colors, 3 sizes each), dwarf Bamboo, Summerset Hydrangea, Summerset Geranium ...)

• I FORGOT THIS: a toggle to set the daytime and weather of the house.
    • Even better if we had some choice to set up the skybox too - exclusive for the houses that have an exterior (especially option to replace the Artaeum Sky at "Grand Psijic Villa" by a regular blue sky of Summerset)
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Items that debuff target dummies / buff players for testing build consistently, plus something to instantly refill resources and ultimate to maximum.

Larger crafting stations, whether or not slottable with attuned sets. just to make them feel less tiny in the large houses.

Scalable items - allowing counters and tables in particular to be extended rather than having to put lots together in bigger rooms.

Higher furnishing cap and/or "single" items made up of multiple elements to allow some intricacy within the cap, for example "chef's worktop" might have a chopping board, knife, some ingredients etc. to give a nice cluttered feel but count as one item.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add my tuppence worth here, as well as elsewhere.

Housing is a woefully under developed aspect of ESO. Credit where its due, they have the genus of a great idea and a great feature, that is now being let down because its neglected. The key is making houses useful and as you say, interactive.

- Increase the dreadfully low item limits on all houses, which is ridiculous, what is the point in gaining all those monster trophies if you cant even display them all? What is the point in having all those pets and mounts if they cannot all be placed? The game has grown and house space has not grown with it. Heck Id even PAY to increase the size ESO.

- Ability to place all your accounts characters around your house, in exactly the same way the banker, shop and fence can be. This would really increase the immersion, as if your characters can be part of the same fellowship with your house as the base.

- As above, ability to place numerous NPC, non interactive characters, such as a stable hand, a cook, bar tenders, shop keepers, dock workers, servants and GUARDS! This would massively increase immersion, allowing you to make your home a community, at least aesthetically. It makes sense that a powerful and successful warrior/mage etc as we are supposed to be, would have this.

- Ability to colour or "paint" some items, like walls. Were really getting towards the 'Ark' side of construction and customisability now though. Its not a priority for me.

• IndorilArwynLlethran
    Double space. Yes, 1400 slots with ESO+ in notable homes.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @thatlaurachick my full support!

and nice sig btw^^
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More filled bookcases. Especially as books are crown-only items you can't make for yourself.
    Edited by ghastley on January 29, 2019 8:16PM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A small snowy cottage.

-NOT made of ugly boring gray stone
    -something other than the basic rectangular shape
    -small yard/garden

I wish there were more places that actually have good layouts like mournoth, but I want a small snowy one.

rip decibel
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rubble piles, yes there’s one rubble pile for 5 crowns in the housing editor but that’s only stone rubble, where’s the wood rubble piles? Where’s the mixed stuff rubble piles? What about different kinds of stone rubble? A lot of houses zenimax sells lately appear to be crumbling ruins - look at the Xanmeer house, ancient Xanmeer ruins, before that the psijic house doesn’t exactly look clean and undamaged, the Aldmeri Grotto has ruins, etc. Why not allow us to add our own rubble piles? Improve the ruined look of some places. Piles that consist of more than just ‘worked stone’

Fortification furnishings, we have siege weapon furnishings, we’ll never get weapon and armor furnishings as ZOS flat out ignores it, but how about some fortifications for our homes. What I mean is things like pre-made barricades (more specifically those stick barricades at evermores east gate in front of the sideways planks of wood), palisade wall pieces, small wooden watch towers, etc.

More small boat furnishings, other than the fishing achievement boat all we have are feluccas again purchasable only through housing editor menus outside of the first Murkmire furnishing pack, there’s lots of small boats scattered through out Nirn and all in different styles.

These things as with my previous posts in this thread are all it would take to get my money ZoS especially the weapon and armor furnishings that I suggested earlier in the thread.

S.A.96
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on January 29, 2019 10:50PM
  • BloodLegions
    BloodLegions
    ✭✭
    I'd pay for more spaces. Like I would literally pay for double the furniture amount and usable beds like chairs so we can sleep even of we dont it's hard esp on canopy beds that you cant get into.
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    MORE DECOR SLOTS
    A wayshrine for my home
    An empty lot that is NOT gloomy like coldharbour (Preferably Summerset/Auridon or a snowy area like Eastmarch. (But I would hope for a gold option like coldharbour)
    MORE DECOR SLOTS
    A furnishing bag would be great for plus members! To many storage houses... Must have them free for decorating.
    Waterfalls without annoying rocks that match nothing sticking out very far.
    MORE DECOR SLOTS
    More homes with water
    oh and did I mention... MORE DECOR SLOTS

Things I want but probably wouldnt pay real money for:
    A guest log that shows who has come to my house.
    The Mermaid Statue in Anvil
    A NEW LUXURY VENDOR with all new items
    The tons of furnishings that exist in the game and we do not have access to.
    Dirt
    The ability to Toggle Night and Day for my homes (especially for contest tours when a house looks better in a certain light)
  • Rogue_Ghost
    Rogue_Ghost
    ✭✭✭
    I am most looking forward to the housing options that may become available when Elsweyr finally hits as an expansion.

Previously, I have spend some resources on the two houses available in The Rift - the manor and the hillside home - primarily because I have adopted that area as my characters "home". Of all the places in Tamriel, The Rift is the one I enjoy the most and my Khajit/Thief/Assassin feels right at home wandering the area.

BUT, with Elsweyr on the horizon, I can easily see myself wanting to own some significant property in that area for a proper Khajiti home-front - I Am even already considering purchasing whatever "notable" home is available - assuming it is aesthetically worth the investment, of course. I almost purchased the Summerset Grotto but I am glad I decided to hold unto those funds now that Elsweyr is going to be available.
    "Death smiles at us all. All one can do, is smile back."
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A simple, non-descript pre-built wooden stable-esque roofing structure.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat, with crowns.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My list remains the same from homestead...

- guild bank access
    - guild store access
    - mannequin to fast switch gear, CP, skills

TAKE MY CROWNS FOR THE ABOVE.

Oh and enable PvPin house
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Proper Wall/Floor/Doorway/Stair pieces in each of the available architectural styles. Just like the walls we got in the Alinor style.

Specifically I'd love to see Hlaalu styled walls, doorways & floors that match Amaya Lake Lodge walls. Use the same exact pattern as found on the walls as is, just in placeable pieces.

2) Cellars. A placeable door you could place anywhere on the ground that would load you into a small extra room (Think like the homes with exterior/interior quick loads). Great for adding additional rooms, and the placeable aspect of it allows you to choose where.

Could technically also do this with just regular doors that place onto walls instead of Floors for an addable small room as well. Naturally the rooms would come available in all the currently available architectural styles. (Ex. Hlaalu Cellar, Nord Cellar, Alinor Cellar etc.) Could be limited to one per House to avoid any load/lag issues.

3) More actual soil filled planters for gardens & conservatories.

4) An actual Psijic Styled Study within Ceporah Tower. Exactly like Iachesis, Val & Sotha Sil's studies you can already find.

5) A full sized home in Vivec City. The style & detail is soooo good, we shouldn't be limited to just a dinky little room in what is one of the most iconic locations in TES history.

6)
    A smaller thief den styled home in Hew's Bane. It's a zone hosting the DLC that is literally dedicated towards thieves, yet it has no thief like home. Despite several really fitting interiors found in the Abah's Landing , the only option available in the zone is a discontinued, time exclusive, opulent mansion of mammoth proportions.
  • Enokariel
    Enokariel
    ✭✭✭
    Place to display more pets and mounts - I would sacrifice my other furnishing slots for this option in 2 for 1 ratio. I would like to build my own ZOO :)
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enokariel wrote: »
    Place to display more pets and mounts - I would sacrifice my other furnishing slots for this option in 2 for 1 ratio. I would like to build my own ZOO :)

Agreed. I would happily trade all my trophy slots for pets/mounts. I have many goats.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Oh and enable PvPin house

You can duel in homes that are large enough. The new Arena home will also allow you to kill people. ESO does not allow full-world PvP. So, you cant ask people to come to your house and gank them the moment they load in. Sorry not sorry.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on February 7, 2019 6:30PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for a set of "starter" plans that would let a new player furnish their Inn Room before getting any significant crafting ranks. Bed, chair, table, mug, dish would do. You typically get a candle in the room, so just being able to buy a plan to make more like it would get you started.

As it stands, you need ranks of four or five to make some of the most basic items. Get the players on the bottom rung of the ladder quicker, and more of them will climb.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for a set of "starter" plans that would let a new player furnish their Inn Room before getting any significant crafting ranks. Bed, chair, table, mug, dish would do. You typically get a candle in the room, so just being able to buy a plan to make more like it would get you started.

As it stands, you need ranks of four or five to make some of the most basic items. Get the players on the bottom rung of the ladder quicker, and more of them will climb.

You can buy white plans from any crafting vendor (Blacksmith, Clothier, etc) These only require ranks 1 or 2 to craft. Many greens only require lower ranks as well.

If you want fancy stuff, you have to be a crafter. :) Do your writs!

Edit: If you want to know requirements for simple plans, use an addon like CraftStore to have access to a full list of patterns available (mostly). Otherwise, check guild stores. Greens plans are very inexpensive and tell you what crafting levels are required.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on February 7, 2019 7:29PM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually think this would be a good idea for a crafting quest, similar to the ones currently in game to get certified in the other crafts. I realize there is no furniture crafting writs but it would be a way for new players to get basic housing items - I'm not talking fancy stuff - just something simple like a military cot - by way of a quest that maybe will help them learn the furnishing system. (sorry I realize this is kinda off topic)
    Edited by anadandy on February 7, 2019 7:08PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

I actually think this would be a good idea for a crafting quest, similar to the ones currently in game to get certified in the other crafts. I realize there is no furniture crafting writs but it would be a way for new players to get basic housing items - I'm not talking fancy stuff - just something simple like a military cot - by way of a quest that maybe will help them learn the furnishing system. (sorry I realize this is kinda off topic)

So if you read my post, you'll see that I told you where to find these simple plans. And yes, one of them IS a miliary cot.

EDIT: If you participated in the New Life Festival - the Charity writs were furniture writs, designed to point you towards these simple furnishing patterns. You're asking for something that is already in game.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on February 7, 2019 7:25PM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So if you read my post, you'll see that I told you where to find these simple plans. And yes, one of them IS a miliary cot.

EDIT: And if you participated in the New Life Festival - the Charity writs were crafting writs, designed to point you towards these simple furnishing patterns. You're asking for something that is already in game.

Umm, ok.

I know where to find the simple plans and that there is a military cot. I was merely taking the OPs thoughts as quoted and suggesting it might be an interesting idea to have a quest (outside of a once a year event) that could help new housing players along and reward them with some basics.

• Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's been mentioned or not but if it has it's worth mentioning again...placeable NPCs (both animal and man/mer) that are animated/interactive (move along a set path while performing a cycle of set animations (NPC farmer moves in a straight line then back along the line. At one end he uses a rake. At the other end he idles. When spoken to, the NPC recycles dialogue from a similar, in-world NPC) A great example of what I would throw money at are the NPCs in Artaeum specifically the atronach that waters the fields.

The placeable NPCs would add life to the housing. Whether it's the farmer outside tending to placed plants or the maid that wanders the first floor of the house both would make the player housing feel lived in and organic.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

EDIT: And if you participated in the New Life Festival - the Charity writs were crafting writs, designed to point you towards these simple furnishing patterns. You're asking for something that is already in game.

Umm, ok.

I know where to find the simple plans and that there is a military cot. I was merely taking the OPs thoughts as quoted and suggesting it might be an interesting idea to have a quest (outside of a once a year event) that could help new housing players along and reward them with some basics.

So, you're asking for a quest that hand holds people into talking to the vendors for crafting... um, yeah.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Steelshiv wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been mentioned or not but if it has it's worth mentioning again...placeable NPCs (both animal and man/mer) that are animated/interactive (move along a set path while performing a cycle of set animations (NPC farmer moves in a straight line then back along the line. At one end he uses a rake. At the other end he idles. When spoken to, the NPC recycles dialogue from a similar, in-world NPC) A great example of what I would throw money at are the NPCs in Artaeum specifically the atronach that waters the fields.

The placeable NPCs would add life to the housing. Whether it's the farmer outside tending to placed plants or the maid that wanders the first floor of the house both would make the player housing feel lived in and organic.

I would like this as well, but since the PTS housing is currently having memory issues with large numbers of animated furnishings in homes, or just furnishing a home to the slot limit, I doubt it will happen. I want to make a Sanguine devotional party home, but without NPC's to populate it, the intention is lost. Lifeless Soul Shriven don't really enjoy parties.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on February 7, 2019 7:43PM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm, ok.

So, you're asking for a quest that hand holds people into talking to the vendors for crafting... um, yeah.

You're right. It's the stupidest idea I've ever heard - you have my sincere apologies.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You're right. It's the stupidest idea I've ever heard - you have my sincere apologies.[/quote]

I do believe that inital Housing quest for the Inn room says you need to craft or procure an single furnishing to get the home. I'd have to make a new toon on PTS to see the dialogue but I'm fairly certain it points you towards the vendors.

At least my new characters on Live don't have to do the housing quest anymore.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on February 7, 2019 7:49PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A simple, non-descript pre-built wooden stable-esque roofing structure.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat, with crowns.

I use Orcish Canopy, Shingled and Orcish Tent, Shingled for this.(ask a guildie to craft, or if in zone mention you will supply mats and a tip) If you want a larger, full-size stable, it is sadly lacking.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on February 7, 2019 7:59PM
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    I would pay for different types of water. Just water. No border or anything. Kind of like they have fog now in crown store. I want to make a lake or a pond, or a river -- give me round/oval/linear/curved waters!

And actual dirt piles, in 3 sizes would be awesome. Small, that would fit something like vase or urn (depending on style), medium and large.

And as so many people mentioned before, increase slot size for houses and add NPCs.