The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Good magic sets to pair for a MageKhajiit (for now)

Kuramas9tails
Kuramas9tails
✭✭✭✭✭
I was trying to complete VMA on my Mageblade Khajiit but it was just so hard for resources and damage. I am use to running it easy with my Altmer but wanted to get it for my Khajiit but WOW. Got past the 5th stage which is the Frozen Rink but I kept getting behind in damage and run out of resources on the next and gave up.

Is there a set that would pair nicely with resource and damage for a race not suited for magic (for now).

I can't wait for the update I am so excited about magic cats
    Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
    New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
    AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
    AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
    FOR THE QUEEN!
    PS4/NA
    • Merlin13KAGL
      Merlin13KAGL
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      You realize Khajiit will no longer be "a race not suited for magic," soon, right?

What do you mean you get behind on damage and which round? Boss? Adds?

You'll have to adjust your regen, which will lower your damage some, but not enough to be a deal breaker. An enchant or two on jewelry will help. You can also swap to Atronach, or you can use the power sigils.

Infused Absorb Magic is another option.

I assume you're already using Siphoning?
      Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
      I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
      Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You realize Khajiit will no longer be "a race not suited for magic," soon, right?

What do you mean you get behind on damage and which round? Boss? Adds?

You'll have to adjust your regen, which will lower your damage some, but not enough to be a deal breaker. An enchant or two on jewelry will help. You can also swap to Atronach, or you can use the power sigils.

Infused Absorb Magic is another option.

I assume you're already using Siphoning?
      @Merlin13KAGL Did you read my strike out message at the bottom? ;)

And yes, I am well versed in Mageblade. I first beat VMA on my MageKhajiit before the resource nerf and I switched it to Altmer but was so sad I made a new Mageblade as a Khajiit but it's so frustrating in combat. The news of Khajiit's passives changing brought me back to my current Mageblade khajiit.

But yes, running 2 Recovery, 1 damage, magic damage/restore glyphs/poisons and siphoning is in my rotation.
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • Merlin13KAGL
        Merlin13KAGL
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        I did read the strikeout. Made me wonder why you were no longer excited at the prospect. :/

Regarding the remaining questions, what specific part are you feeling overwhelmed? Is it the adds in the before rounds, the adds in the boss round, the boss herself?
        Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
      • Kuramas9tails
        Kuramas9tails
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I did read the strikeout. Made me wonder why you were no longer excited at the prospect. :/

Regarding the remaining questions, what specific part are you feeling overwhelmed? Is it the adds in the before rounds, the adds in the boss round, the boss herself?
        @Merlin13KAGL I am totally excited!

And the adds. I just seem to fall behind on damage and magic and I end up dying by being overwhelmed. I ran VMA so many times on my Altmer so I know mechanics but my damage and recovery is just not working for me.
          FOR THE QUEEN!
          PS4/NA
        • Merlin13KAGL
          Merlin13KAGL
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          It takes some fine tuning, definitely. You'll have to find the sweet spot between regen and damage glyphs for your character. Adding or taking away as necessary.

Both have benefits and downsides. I suspect a little panic is probably causing you to spam skills more than you normally would, hurting your regen in the process. I'd offer a few words of advice and adjust from there:

For avoiding damage, roll dodge, sometimes preemptively. You'll avoid some of the incoming damage, especially the ranged and you won't need to go on the defensive so much. If you can't dodge, block cast. It will save you from things like the 2 hander and still let you damage + heal with Funnel Health.

Larger groups, don't be afraid to ult. Ele Rage is really strong and will eliminate some of those threats basically as soon as they spawn and stack. This is good on the Frost atro spawns and the giants both.

Don't be afraid to kite from island to island if you must. The only place this becomes an issue is the last round, where you want the islands to go down in a certain order. In that round, remember you control the pace by the boss's % health. Just make sure the trolls drop or get interrupted.

The combo of these, though they're basic will help you reset the fight on your terms, giving you distance to heavy attack if you need resources and gain more ult for those bigger pulls. I still like shock staves for the channeled/splash damage factor here, even though fire is technically higher single target.

It's regen + free AoE.

Trust your DoTs to get them close, finish with impale for additional resource return. Funnel health multiple targets at once and you'll get the heal from each. It adds up to counter some of the damage.

Sometimes simply starting or moving to a different island can completely change the fight.

I know you can clear it. It's probably just some subtle change in method that will get you there. Take it to basics if you must. Slow down, shield up, Funnel Health, + lightning heavy (especially good in Maelstrom WoE if you have one). You can always siphoning + HA's on last add of a round to be ready for the next.

I know it seems counterintuitive in some ways, but using the shield, the dodge, and the block coupled with the above will help you keep control of the pace of the fight.

I don't know where you're at in this content, so take no offense to anything above. I've spent plenty of time in there getting it wrong, so in some ways might be better suited to offering suggestions than the "Just nuke it with 80k DPS crowd."

If anything up there helps, it's worth it.

One last thing, are you using Elemental Drain, and what mundus are you running with?

Good luck, pre-magicka-capable kitty, and let us know how it goes.

Earn it.

• Kuramas9tails
          Kuramas9tails
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          It takes some fine tuning, definitely. You'll have to find the sweet spot between regen and damage glyphs for your character. Adding or taking away as necessary.

Both have benefits and downsides. I suspect a little panic is probably causing you to spam skills more than you normally would, hurting your regen in the process. I'd offer a few words of advice and adjust from there:

For avoiding damage, roll dodge, sometimes preemptively. You'll avoid some of the incoming damage, especially the ranged and you won't need to go on the defensive so much. If you can't dodge, block cast. It will save you from things like the 2 hander and still let you damage + heal with Funnel Health.

Larger groups, don't be afraid to ult. Ele Rage is really strong and will eliminate some of those threats basically as soon as they spawn and stack. This is good on the Frost atro spawns and the giants both.

Don't be afraid to kite from island to island if you must. The only place this becomes an issue is the last round, where you want the islands to go down in a certain order. In that round, remember you control the pace by the boss's % health. Just make sure the trolls drop or get interrupted.

The combo of these, though they're basic will help you reset the fight on your terms, giving you distance to heavy attack if you need resources and gain more ult for those bigger pulls. I still like shock staves for the channeled/splash damage factor here, even though fire is technically higher single target.

It's regen + free AoE.

Trust your DoTs to get them close, finish with impale for additional resource return. Funnel health multiple targets at once and you'll get the heal from each. It adds up to counter some of the damage.

Sometimes simply starting or moving to a different island can completely change the fight.

I know you can clear it. It's probably just some subtle change in method that will get you there. Take it to basics if you must. Slow down, shield up, Funnel Health, + lightning heavy (especially good in Maelstrom WoE if you have one). You can always siphoning + HA's on last add of a round to be ready for the next.

I know it seems counterintuitive in some ways, but using the shield, the dodge, and the block coupled with the above will help you keep control of the pace of the fight.

I don't know where you're at in this content, so take no offense to anything above. I've spent plenty of time in there getting it wrong, so in some ways might be better suited to offering suggestions than the "Just nuke it with 80k DPS crowd."

If anything up there helps, it's worth it.

One last thing, are you using Elemental Drain, and what mundus are you running with?

Good luck, pre-magicka-capable kitty, and let us know how it goes.
          @Merlin13KAGL
          I beat it last night!

As you said, just some fine tuning. I switched Mother Sorrow for Julianos (for more consistent damage) and I also switched Refreshing Path for Twisting path which really helped up the damage on some mobs. Although I died a lot to the spider boss, after that it was a breeze up until the last boss which took 5 or so tries. I also had to take the 3rd phase slower (the one after the crystals). I actually had to focus on the summoners which I never have to do on my Altmer because my AOEs and DOTs do the job alone. And I did dodge the skull attack when hitting the crystals instead of block because I was moving so slow while blocking and got hit by the lava.

I guess my Altmer really babies me through there. I am just glad I could get through VMA on my Mageblade Khajiit still. Can't wait for the patch so Khajiit will be easier to run as a magic build!

Thank you so much for your help!
            FOR THE QUEEN!
            PS4/NA
          • Merlin13KAGL
            Merlin13KAGL
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭✭
            Awesome! Well done!

There are definitely worlds of differences on difference races, classes, and builds. It's hard to find that happy medium for a particular playstyle sometimes.

You made a good call on the last round. It takes a while to determine if you should just go for the burn or play it safe. Once the crystals are down, so long as the boss doesn't get three gold ghosts, you have all the time in the world.

Now, just think how much easier it will be once the race passive changes go through!

Again, well done.

Earn it.

• Joosef_Kivikilpi
            Joosef_Kivikilpi
            ✭✭✭✭
            I was trying to complete VMA on my Mageblade Khajiit but it was just so hard for resources and damage. I am use to running it easy with my Altmer but wanted to get it for my Khajiit but WOW. Got past the 5th stage which is the Frozen Rink but I kept getting behind in damage and run out of resources on the next and gave up.

Is there a set that would pair nicely with resource and damage for a race not suited for magic (for now).

I can't wait for the update I am so excited about magic cats

Julianos + Seducer's + Iceheart. When update hits, you'll have freaking 64% critical and be able to constant sustain as well. I'm able to crush it right now with my Breton with those sets. As a Khajiit right now, you'll have a little bit less damage and 3% less spell cost reduction, but you'll be fine.