Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two questions.

valusthecateater
valusthecateater
✭✭✭
I have two random, unrelated questions.

First, is it possible for a casual player such as myself to achieve 30k DPS on a Magsorc or Stamblade without having to resort to complicated bar-switching and crazy rotations that require precise timing?

Second (told you they are random and unrelated), are dyes achieved on one character available on you other characters? I.e if I become a vampire and achieve max level, will that dye be available on my non-vamp characters?

Thanks!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dyes are unlocked account wide.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Yes

bye1.gif
  • valusthecateater
    valusthecateater
    ✭✭✭
    Appreciate the info. What is the typical DPS one can expect for one-bar. I have never even found a DPS dummy to practice on, so I have no clue what I am doing now.
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your in game account name so I know to never group with you?
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the info. What is the typical DPS one can expect for one-bar. I have never even found a DPS dummy to practice on, so I have no clue what I am doing now.

There are free test dummies you get as quest rewards, otherwise you need writ vouchers to buy them.

A one bar setup with no concept of animation canceling will probably get you in the 10k-15k range ...
    idea.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on January 25, 2019 5:58PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Many guilds that have guild houses will have access to a training dummy for their members.

Most rotations come down to practice. I find that bar swapping is easy, but getting the timing for light attack weaving is much harder for me.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What rotations were you looking at? Most I've used for stamblade are run through your bow bar first, switch to your DW bar, light attack between skills, rinse, repeat. That's an oversimplification, but even with a clumsy rotation, you can easily pull 25-30K
  • valusthecateater
    valusthecateater
    ✭✭✭
    tactx wrote: »
    What's your in game account name so I know to never group with you?

Thanks lol. I am not opposed to learning the finer points--I just have casual questions.
    Edited by valusthecateater on January 25, 2019 9:55PM
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on PC-NA? If you are then hit me up with a note of help. I'm no expert but I can try and assist you in any way I can.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    (...) First, is it possible for a casual player such as myself to achieve 30k DPS on a Magsorc or Stamblade without having to resort to complicated bar-switching and crazy rotations that require precise timing? (...)

Nothing comes from nothing. Reaching 30k is of medium difficulty. Just watch some videos, read some guides and practice.
    But if you don't care about getting better, I don't understand why you would care about some numbers.
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU