The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is Deadly Strike going to have armor pieces?

ioo
ioo
With Wrathstone Deadly strike will be changing to a 5 piece but currently deadly strike only comes in weapons and jewelry and that puts a limitation on builds. Will Deadly Strike have armor pieces too? Or will we only have the weapons and jewelry?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seem to remember it written that it will have medium armor pieces.
  • ioo
    ioo
    Seem to remember it written that it will have medium armor pieces.

oh really? hopefully thats true thx
  • ioo
    ioo
    also how will we get the new armor pieces? Will they just start drop in cyrodiil when wrathstone rolls out?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ioo wrote: »
    also how will we get the new armor pieces? Will they just start drop in cyrodiil when wrathstone rolls out?

The answer will likely surprise a lot of players.

Even though the revamped Deadly Strike is medium armor, it is found in Vlastarus with the other heavy armor sets (screenshot below). I think this might be a bug so I've reported it in the PTS forums.

If you can't make it to Vlastarus (and sometimes you can't due to it's Alliance color), you can also get a blue quality Deadly Strike at the Elite Gear vendor in your Cyrodiil Alliance home base. These blue pieces are in coffers with other Cyrodiil sets ... so you're not guaranteed a set piece upon opening.

Which also means (though cannot confirm), that Deadly Strike jewelry should randomly drop in the end of campaign rewards (blue, purple, or gold quality depending on your character's end of campaign rank). Another way for PvP players to make some serious gold which I am personally happy with.

cKCigPK.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 27, 2019 8:06AM
  • ioo
    ioo
    ioo wrote: »

The answer will likely surprise a lot of players.

Even though the revamped Deadly Strike is medium armor, it is found in Vlastarus with the other heavy armor sets (screenshot below). I think this might be a bug so I've reported it in the PTS forums.

If you can't make it to Vlastarus (and sometimes you can't due to it's Alliance color), you can also get a blue quality Deadly Strike at the Elite Gear vendor in your Cyrodiil Alliance home base. These blue pieces are in coffers with other Cyrodiil sets ... so you're not guaranteed a set piece upon opening.

Which also means (though cannot confirm), that Deadly Strike jewelry should randomly drop in the end of campaign rewards (blue, purple, or gold quality depending on your character's end of campaign rank). Another way for PvP players to make some serious gold which I am personally happy with.

cKCigPK.png

Wow thx for the helpful response! But isnt deadly strike medium? you said "with the other heavy armor sets." Does that mean deadly strike comes with heavy as well? or is it being changed to heavy?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a medium armor set ... so logic would place it in Bruma with the other medium armor sets (not Vlastarus where it currently is on PTS).

I’ve reported it to ZOS.