Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Mortal's Mask" skin to hide vampirism - how do you want it?

InvictusApollo
InvictusApollo
✭✭✭✭✭
Almost all vampires come to the sad conclusion that they look awfull, especially at stage four. It has been raised many times that we would love to have some kind of skin to hide our vampirism. But how do you want it implemented? How do you want to look after putting the skin on?

"Mortal's Mask" skin to hide vampirism - how do you want it? 350 votes

I want to look just like I did before vampirism.
53%
icefyer_ESOGilvothFinderk1llorbek1lledDeadlyRecluseOthniel327MonkLoHanTecanGadamlub14_ESODarcyMardinSkuaIruil_ESOAimoraWembleyOTGRadianceDUTCH_REAPERSotha_SilDaraughAybleArcaneBlue 186 votes
I want to look a little bit paler than mortals but without purple veins and red eyes.
16%
perogwin_ESOPinesyBlackersAlienSlofvrineBlueVioletcorpsebladeSparkHookgrinLazraelTeverusLady_SleeplessInvictusApolloMeesha1170VoodooPlatypusXDark_One13Krainor1974ShinshadowUrbanMonkAethereal'Golden 57 votes
I want to look as if on stage 1 vampirism (pale, a little bit of purple veins and red eyes).
13%
cauxiqdcam86b14_ESOAikoLadyAstrumixieTiara_RaBloodStormPetrusmitebaSergg007SpiderKnightDBZVelenaCompton1865SaturnanaCarcharodontosaurusLordLomaxDrathlyTeukkaNox_NoirHippie4927 48 votes
Other (please describe in comment).
16%
darthgummibear_ESOkennethkatalAelorinOrillionGladiumAsha_11_ESOLiraTaurweneyeseezombiesub17_ESOidkAektannNerouynSheezabeastes4evaleeuxStreegaTaleof2CitiespeacenoteOneForSorrowListerJMCTheShadowScout 59 votes
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should show your actual skin, as if you don't have vampirism.

It should be available from radiant apex teir of clown crates :)
    Edited by Deep_01 on January 26, 2019 2:39PM
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to look like a non vampire for esthetics reasons
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to look a little bit paler than mortals but without purple veins and red eyes.
    Went for this option - for furless/scaleless characters.

For Khajiits though, I'd prefer the fur colour unchanged.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and for tattoos and such to appear normally rather than how they presently are super-faded out on vampire characters.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to look like I don't have vampirism.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just cured two vampires because I got tired of them looking a sickly tanish purple (Argonians). It was ugly and I don't always want to use a skin, so, yeah. Cured 'em last night.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could have it my way I would have the primary indicator of vampirism be the eyes, in that I actually would not touch the eyes at all from how they are in-game right now (including the veins, etc). The skin colour would be nearly identical to your mortal colour when at stage 1 and then either not change at all through the stages or very slightly change as you progress to stage 4.
    I've consistently found the chalk-white skin colour a huge turn off, but have always loved the look of the eyes. Unfortunately the snowman skin colour has always been too much for me to be a vampire in-game.
    Edited by Anumaril on January 27, 2019 1:38PM
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Embrace your evil self or go get rid of your vampirism.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None. Its the price you pay from being such a foul creature
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any vampire covering their appearance should be forced to sparkle and mince!
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like this ASAP. Even if they toned down the normal vampire skin and made it possible to have tattoos, face paint, and body markings all displaying normally, not like they are now, washed out and ugly.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only tattoos and other things would work on the correct 'layer' that would be great. I dislike how they are all paled the most.

Also, the eyes go 'human' and do not remain 'elven' and this I do not like.

Also, if you are a Dunmer for example; and had black eyes, so they should remain.

• OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other: Let us choose on the whim of the moment how we'd like our vampires to look
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    funny you should bring this up after I've just encountered this bug where the vampirism is completely -hidden- somehow when in fact you ARE a vampire. my newest character got bitten and did the vampire initiation quest yesty, she looked pale after getting out of the matron's crypt BUT when I logged this morning she just looked like a regular mortal dunmer. and no, not wearing a disguise. I am quite happy with this bug and hopefully one day Z will introduce a "mortal skin" in the CS

#teamEmeric
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArcaneBlue wrote: »
    funny you should bring this up after I've just encountered this bug where the vampirism is completely -hidden- somehow when in fact you ARE a vampire. my newest character got bitten and did the vampire initiation quest yesty, she looked pale after getting out of the matron's crypt BUT when I logged this morning she just looked like a regular mortal dunmer. and no, not wearing a disguise. I am quite happy with this bug and hopefully one day Z will introduce a "mortal skin" in the CS

I wish I had this bug. Any idea on how to get it? Maybe all that server shenanigans cleared vampirism from you?
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't most people even not mind once casting a Vampire ability your appearance is altered and then in say a minute or so fades back to normal?
    Edited by cabbageub17_ESO on January 31, 2019 11:59PM
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to look as if on stage 1 vampirism (pale, a little bit of purple veins and red eyes).
    I like stage 1 vampire. Though I do agree there needs to be something that’s hides vampirism, that isn’t a dungeon achievement skin.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Bluestat
    Bluestat
    ✭✭
    Would love a skin that covers it up for the most part. I am fine with the paleness it's the veins and bloodshot eyes that are just terrible.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like my character is wearing someone else's skin, with a visible seam at the back stretching from crown to ankles.
    PC EU
  • polgarah
    polgarah
    ✭✭✭
    Yo can get it if you want, Scalecaller Peak’s skin hide vampirism.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since the jewelry we wear isn't shown, maybe have it appear as a glowing/noticeable amulet around your neck.

For those hung up on the appearance "penalty", maybe make it slowly cook off your highest resource while standing in the sun because it's an enchantment originally meant for a different vampire breed.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with it how it is now. The only thing I'd change are things like face/body markings not rendering well.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    polgarah wrote: »

We know about every way to counteract how vampires look right now. But we need one that will just let us look normal, as in: no purple veins, no glowy tattoos, no glowy goo etc.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    polgarah wrote: »

We know about every way to counteract how vampires look right now. But we need one that will just let us look normal, as in: no purple veins, no glowy tattoos, no glowy goo etc.

Wear any 'disguise' costume, that works.
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    ArcaneBlue wrote: »

I wish I had this bug. Any idea on how to get it? Maybe all that server shenanigans cleared vampirism from you?

I wish I knew how to replicate this bug. it just happens on my newly bitten characters randomly and it seems to go away once the vampirism progresses to stage 2
    #teamEmeric
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    No need to have a skin. Gotta embrace it if you want to be a vampire.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire dlc would sell so we'll if it was offered but then why would people use skins in game?
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also change the eyes for the races.
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind some vampiric aesthetics... elongated teeth, maybe some changes to the eyes.
    I can't stand vampirism on Khajiit. Having all your fur turn white (but not your hair?) is uninspired and looks stupid. It's also ridiculous that your tattoos and such fade too. I'm just glad we have quite a few skin choices to hide it at the moment, though not having to use a skin would be nice too.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only my tanks are vamps, by necessity, and I hate the way it makes them look. Absolutely loathe it.
    forever stuck in combat