The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we PLEASE have more weapons and armor furnishing?

Vilhjálmur
Vilhjálmur
✭✭✭
I'm currently working on a blacksmith's house and surprised about how little furnishing for weapons and armor there is, the closest I could get to finding weapons and armor were the blade of woe, some orcish ''kitchen knife'', like two hammers, the alliance shields and that's it, and none of it really helps to create a proper armory in your house, heck, even decorative swords and shields you can hang on your wall would be cool. There really should be a category of furnishing for weapons and armor like there is for food, beds, conservatory, etc... armor stands, swords, axes, maces, weapon racks, shields, customized gear displays, how come they haven't released any of this? I'm sure someone must have posted a similar thread here but I can't stress this enough, they could have done something great with the Midyear Mayhem event like releasing a furnishing pack with lots of weapons and armor furnishing, I really hope they release this type of furnishing anytime soon
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Weapons, armor, and racks are badly needed housing items. I am currently working on a war room and the lack of items makes it difficult and feel a little empty.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another weapon and armor furnishing thread that ZoS will flat out ignore...

A lot of people including myself would like these furnishings but my thread from about a year ago with a poll included (last I saw it was around 200 votes for yes, 10 maybes and an accidental no) got buried and every attempt to tag ZoS staff was met with nothing but silence. I personally have lost hope we’ll ever see any weapon or armor furnishings leaving 2 of my houses unfinished forever.

Perhaps if more people would create these threads or if more people commented it may catch ZoS attention (doubtful though).

S.A.96

P.s. just because I have lost hope doesn’t mean you should, keep fighting for these furnishings in the hope that ZoS will eventually leave the general discussion and news sections and visit the housing section for once
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of those things where I'm just like, "HOW COULD THEY HAVE MISSED THIS???" Learn a full motif, whether you are a crafter or not, and you should be able to, at a bare minimum, create a "dummy" wearing a full suit of the armor. Weapons should be able to be made individually. Being able to create the various individual bits and pieces might be more awkward to manage tho we know they have them as we see them in shops in the game all over the place. At any eate, it's all something they absolutely COULD implement and we've been asking for it from day one.

My suspicion is that they haven't quite decided how to monetize it in the cash shop yet and add all the shiny special monster weapons.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• tony5tone
    tony5tone
    Soul Shriven
    So much of YES!

It is...irritating, depressing...just...so many negative words that weapons are not a decoration option. LOL, 500 types of lights, but swords...hammers...axes. Nope...no point in that. Nah, why would we wanna put weapons on display. LOL, C'mon Zenimax!! Give the people what they want!

If we can craft it, let us put that stuff up as decorations!!

Or at the very least address it with I don't know...something other than turning your head to it.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I don't see this added in the game any time soon.

I also want tools and clutter, including a forge or several designs of forges that we see in the game (breton, dunmer, summerset), but at the rate they are adding new furnishings in the game it will be 2050 by the time we'll get those :)
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

I also want tools and clutter, including a forge or several designs of forges that we see in the game (breton, dunmer, summerset), but at the rate they are adding new furnishings in the game it will be 2050 by the time we'll get those :)

There was Imperial Forge on the PTS when Homestead originally dropped - and it never made it to live - so that's already what 3 years we've been waiting? What's another 30 :)
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that would be pretty sick is a manequin where you could display a specific style armor. Would be cool for crafters who want to show off their motif knowledge.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    The armour mannequins and weapon racks in Skyrim were great - I’d love to be able to display certain monster helms and weapons I’ve gotten.
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing this is one of those damn'd if you do damn'd if you don't scenarios. If they give us all kinds of cool armor and weapon furnishings we are really going to scream for a raise in item limits.
    I would really like weapon and armor racks and the weapons/armor to place in/on them but what do I remove to put them in place?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is one of those damn'd if you do damn'd if you don't scenarios. If they give us all kinds of cool armor and weapon furnishings we are really going to scream for a raise in item limits.
    I would really like weapon and armor racks and the weapons/armor to place in/on them but what do I remove to put them in place?

As if the community doesn’t already do that with every new notable house ZoS release never mind new furnishings. ZoS will just do what they always do and just pretend they didn’t hear the item limit complaints...
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

There was Imperial Forge on the PTS when Homestead originally dropped - and it never made it to live - so that's already what 3 years we've been waiting? What's another 30 :)

I like the forge in Rimmen, I wish I could have that one
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

As if the community doesn’t already do that with every new notable house ZoS release never mind new furnishings. ZoS will just do what they always do and just pretend they didn’t hear the item limit complaints...

Was kind of my point. Why create yet another opportunity to *** us off?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Vilhjálmur
    Vilhjálmur
    ✭✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »
    One thing that would be pretty sick is a manequin where you could display a specific style armor. Would be cool for crafters who want to show off their motif knowledge.

I remember doing the scarlet judge quest in morrowind and saw manequins with armor types inside one of the houses, like, they already have it on the game I don't know why they don't make it available for players, it's ridiculous
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember doing the scarlet judge quest in morrowind and saw manequins with armor types inside one of the houses, like, they already have it on the game I don't know why they don't make it available for players, it's ridiculous

Most of the people in the housing forums are asking for items that are already in the game, actually there are several long threads with pictures with stuff in the game that we would want to have as furnishings, but unfortunately there is no acknowledgement of these posts from the devs, or any reply explaining why adding these items would be an issue.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of the people in the housing forums are asking for items that are already in the game, actually there are several long threads with pictures with stuff in the game that we would want to have as furnishings, but unfortunately there is no acknowledgement of these posts from the devs, or any reply explaining why adding these items would be an issue.

^ this, this is what annoys me, the fact that ZoS can’t even leave a simple “cool idea” on this subject, doesn’t say “yes we’ll do it” or “no we can’t do it” but it’s a reply. A reply that would let us know they actually visit this section of the forums once in a while
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    A reply that would let us know they actually visit this section of the forums once in a while

Especially because housing is one of the most (if not the most) profitable revenue streams to ZOS.

It's like we are talking into a void that isn't talking back.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed on the weapons and armor, the mannequin idea is also a good one.. who doesn't want to show off thier gear!
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very least, the Daedric weapons should've had their own furnishings or "replicas". I mean, people made displaays for every Daedric artifact in Skyrim. But in ESO? You can't display a single one! And Volendrung would look AWESOME hanging over my mantelpiece!
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have no fear, they will be here! Coming to a crown store near you!!!!

(I have no idea If this is something they are working on, just trying to be sarcastically funny).
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very least, the Daedric weapons should've had their own furnishings or "replicas". I mean, people made displaays for every Daedric artifact in Skyrim. But in ESO? You can't display a single one! And Volendrung would look AWESOME hanging over my mantelpiece!

Well there is a volendrung furnishing but it A. Floats B. Has a base and C. Has some effects on it oh and it costs 2 Million AP and requires a kill with the weapon OR a kill on a person wielding the weapon. Dunno bout you guys but definitely not what I had in mind for Daedric artifact furnishings 🙄 just the weapon on its own would have been nice.
    Raideen wrote: »
    Have no fear, they will be here! Coming to a crown store near you!!!!

(I have no idea If this is something they are working on, just trying to be sarcastically funny).

Honestly at this point, given the deafening silence I don’t think we’ll even get crown store furnishings for this stuff, at this point I’ll accept having to go to the CS to get this stuff but as I say probably won’t happen. 😕
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on October 16, 2019 10:00PM
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please to this
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).