The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Run/Jog Animations Broken On Several Personalities With Steed Stone

Crossx2
Crossx2
✭✭✭
Since this last patch several personality running animations are not showing correctly when the Steed sign is active for me. It is playing the default jog and not the unique animation that comes with the personality. Specifically the personalities I have noticed are broken are the Assassin, Thief and Drunk personalities. I have had no trouble playing these animations with the Steed sign before this patch, as its the only sign I've ever used at length in ESO, and as soon as I switch to another sign besides the Steed these personality animations begin working correctly again.

I'm guessing it has to do with it being buffed. "Increased the movement speed bonus from the Steed Mundus Stone to 10% from 5%". Its cool that it was buffed, but not cool that it broke all of my personalities.

The unique running animation is a big part of why I purchased and constantly use these personalities and I'm concerned that my most used Mundus stone effect is breaking them, after having no issues using the personalities for months.

I have included a video of this issue. ESO Personality Speed Animation Bug
Edited by Crossx2 on October 23, 2018 4:01AM
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA Server*
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    No one else has noticed this?
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed it in a different iteration; the Night's Silence set, which increases your movement speed in stealth, breaks the Thief personality sneak animation. It also breaks the base game sneak animation. The animation becomes like a somewhat slo-mo version of the regular run, which is really dorky looking and I hope to god it gets fixed eventually, but it's been literal years that this has been going on.
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have noticed that set can make animations a little wonky, but it didn't seem like a huge bug per say, as the set's ability was to allow increased movement to a degree in a mode where it was never really meant for normally (animation wise).

The recent buff to the steed stone breaks all personality running animations all the time. All of them worked fine before the patch. x_x
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call this a bug; it's a result of the recent Steed Mundus buff.

You were previously receiving just enough speed to still be in the "walking" cycle with no other speed buffs; but now that Steed gives more speed than it did previously, you're into "jogging/running" animation territory.

You can see this if you have any Swift jewelry, now that it's been nerfed. Change your Mundus away from Steed, and try it yourself. One piece will speed you up a little, but you're still walking with just one; but with 2 or more Swift pieces, and you're moving too fast for the walk animation to apply so you start the running animations to fit your speed.

Steed gives 10% speed buff now, without any Divines boosting it further, which appears to be the threshold for walking vs running animations.
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but animations from personalities that I have purchased with crowns, specifically for those animations, should not break from me using in game gear/buffs. I know its a bit of a grey area and some people care, some people don't, but it ruined my entire character. I use the steed stone frequently and now after that patch all of my personalities do not work correctly. You know if I was stacking jewelry and outfit set buffs and a whole mess of things then yeah, I understand my animations being a bit broken is part of that equation, but I have one buff, and its a mundus stone, a very commonly used thing.

The other thing is, it is not the walking animation. If you preview these personalities in the crown store they display "jogging" animations (different from walking animations), which is the non sprint level of movement. I would think this animation should work at any non sprint movement speed, as that is when it is clearly intended to play, but with the recent speed buffs we are finding out that animations are instead bound to certain movement speed percentages, which is not optimized or ideal for keyboard/mouse, and allows players to "break" animations simply by obtaining in game buffs.

Bug, or intended coincidence, or not, something that worked is broken. Its affecting my gameplay, and I feel like all of my personalities have lost part of the value that I paid for them.
    Edited by Crossx2 on October 29, 2018 9:43PM
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel you, it is disappointing. I agree that speed buffs shouldn't change the animation you paid for. I was pretty upset after the update lo these many years ago that changed my crouched sneak animation to an upright slo-mo sprint. Keep putting in bug reports; they may fix it since it's got to do with crown store items.
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    My personalities that I paid for are still not working. If I want to see the animations I was sold in the crown store I have to change my characters build to another mundus stone. Its kind of ridiculous.. Steed Stone is broken, because he way the game handles animations at different players speeds is broken.
    Edited by Crossx2 on November 14, 2018 9:36PM
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    I still cannot see the animations I paid crowns for. Thief personality 1,200 crowns, drunk personality 1,200 crowns, duchess personality 1000 crowns, and assassin personality which was part of the dark brotherhood dlc I purchased 2000 crowns.

The animations for these personalities have always worked for me but now they are not playing when I move. I feel like my money has been wasted. I should not have to pick a certain mundus stone sign in order to see animations that I have paid real money for. Cmon Zenimax.. Can you please update your animations that you have sold to work at in game speeds? Or at least acknowledge that animations are broken at certain speeds?
    Edited by Crossx2 on November 30, 2018 12:02AM
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    I still cannot use personality animations that I paid for on my main character.