Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snares are still way too prevalent

Mashille
Mashille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Movespeed is still way too slow and sluggish and Snares / immobilises still run rampant through PvP. Trying to fight someone feels like you're running through treacle and most movespeed buffs feel redundant when you're snared 50% constantly.

Snare removals / snare immunity like Shuffle lasting only 2 seconds is ridiculous as it pretty much means that if you want to have any speed at all in PvP you're spamming Forward Momentum or Shuffle constantly. Does ZOS expect us to just expend 3000 Stamina every 2 seconds so we can actually move?

Trying to fight someone feels clunky and awkward as half the time you're awkwardly plodding towards and around them due to so many snares. It was bad in Murkmire and could really do with some addressing this patch, at least extending the immunity of snares on certain abilities and making it more accessible. There's now what? 2 abilities that make you immune to snares? And they last a fewof seconds!?

If this problem remains PvP will continue to lose players as combat just doesn't feel fast, reactive or dynamic anymore as everyone is just walking towards each other at 1 mile per hour.
Edited by Mashille on January 23, 2019 3:17PM
House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    movement rework when
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see base movement speed increased and major expedition nerfed to keep overall max speed the same. Maybe an extra 10% to base move speed.
    Edited by Twohothardware on January 22, 2019 7:41PM
  • xii-santa
    xii-santa
    ✭✭
    Glue my feet to the floor and call it PvP.

We can't #$%!@&* move.
  • gobestar
    gobestar
    Soul Shriven
    I am excited for a developer update that will shed light on their plans to fix the blaring issue of movement speed in the Elder Scrolls Online. I am ready for a healthier game environment that encourages multiple viable play styles and lets players take advantage of the mechanics of the game without feeling their decision to build a certain way is entirely undermined by an over performing and over utilized playstyle, that playstyle whose prevalence comes from the ease of access to the roots and slows and that which lacks realistic options to combat. :)
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Lol in curse eater*
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more. i just spend my whole pvp experience being slowed,snared and breaking free.
    Movement in pvp is crappy.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *Lol in curse eater*

That won't work on live as that set is gonna be blown into oblivion first patch of PTS guaranteed.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knows how broken snares are. Or why did everyone run forward momentum before nerfmire?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    ... combat just doesn't feel fast, reactive or dyanmic anymore as everyone is just walking towards each other at 1 mile per hour.
    agree.gif

I mean, i'm old, but i'm not *that* old ...

post-2-1548186341.gif

• Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Everyone knows how broken snares are. Or why did everyone run forward momentum before nerfmire?

And what was ZOS' solution to every spamming Forward Momentum? Reducing the snare immunity on it so people spam it even more xD Like the decision doesn't make any sense.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Lol in curse eater*

That won't work on live as that set is gonna be blown into oblivion first patch of PTS guaranteed.

That’s the irony of it. Zos introduces a set to combat the very things pvp players have issues with but they want it nerfed.

In return the set most likely will be useless by the time it reaches live.Then we’ll all be back at square one, complaining.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That’s the irony of it. Zos introduces a set to combat the very things pvp players have issues with but they want it nerfed.

In return the set most likely will be useless by the time it reaches live.Then we’ll all be back at square one, complaining.

The solution to snares should not just be to run 1 "Must Have" Set Piece. The problem is in the movement system itself and how prevalent snares are. There shouldn't just be 1 set that solves all the issues. That's why Curse Eater. set is so broken, there needs to be other forms of counter-play and immunity not just "Run Curse Breaker"

That's like there literally only being 1 way to get Major Brutality on a Set and everyone having to run that set because of how gimped you are if you don't have it.
  • The7thLettter
    The7thLettter
    ✭✭✭
    I like turtles
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The solution to snares should not just be to run 1 "Must Have" Set Piece. The problem is in the movement system itself and how prevalent snares are. There shouldn't just be 1 set that solves all the issues. That's why Curse Eater. set is so broken, there needs to be other forms of counter-play and immunity not just "Run Curse Breaker"

That's like there literally only being 1 way to get Major Brutality on a Set and everyone having to run that set because of how gimped you are if you don't have it.

I don’t know how long people have been playing this game but that is pretty much zos motto. Overbuff, overnerf and bandaid fixes.

• gobestar
    gobestar
    Soul Shriven
    I don’t know how long people have been playing this game but that is pretty much zos motto. Overbuff, overnerf and bandaid fixes.

[/quote]

Gilliam is supposed to be our savior
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should just remove snares from the game and finito la musica.
    Maelstrom Arena - World's First Nightblade 600k Score - 02/18/2017
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    Please rework.
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Way too many things have snares and are often super cheap to apply (usually as a secondary effect) yet removing them is very expensive. You can shuffle then 3 seconds later can't move. Another 3.5k spent and then 3 seconds later, snared. Cleanse on a stamplar is like 4k magica from a small magica pool and INSTANTLY get snared again.

Permafrost and Timestop are horrendous. You're supposed to get out of it but you get snared so much that you can't. What logic is that?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, you dont even need to be in combat in cyrodiil to get snared, you just need to watch someone fight and you end up snared^^

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ClownCircle
    ClownCircle
    Soul Shriven
    Jesus christ, if I want to play a turn based game, I'll do that. ESO pvp is supposed to be fun; moving slower than a turtle ain't fun. Please don't suck the fun out of your game.
  • Kalitas
    Kalitas
    ✭✭✭
    The snares in PVP are ridiculous. Moving fast is fun, being bogged down and slowed to death is just horrible. It's not fun or engaging gameplay. it's the complete opposite.
    @Kevin-G | Ajani | Wü-Tang Clan
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalitas wrote: »
    The snares in PVP are ridiculous. Moving fast is fun, being bogged down and slowed to death is just horrible. It's not fun or engaging gameplay. it's the complete opposite.

Yep. PvP just isn't fun anymore as you can't really "play" due to moving at 5% speed 90% of the time.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And is we currently stand THERE IS NOT ANY REAL COUNTERPLAY TO SNARES AT ALL! We need to accept curse breaker and when they get rid of the dot, immobilize/snare/cc all-in-one moves, and super snares we can accept its nerf too.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Wolf_Watching

100% Agree. There needs to be some kind of counterplay to snares that isn't just spam Forward Momentum
  • gobestar
    gobestar
    Soul Shriven
    You guys are all phenomenal people with wonderful mutual opinions about the move speed god bless.
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made another post about this in the non-PTS section. Even if my fix isn't the best, I think it more than serves to show the sheer amount of CC in this game, and we have so few options for dealing with it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454645/the-neutral-zone-trap-a-thorough-look-at-cc-in-this-game
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @gobestar

God bless
  • gobestar
    gobestar
    Soul Shriven
    I made another post about this in the non-PTS section. Even if my fix isn't the best, I think it more than serves to show the sheer amount of CC in this game, and we have so few options for dealing with it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454645/the-neutral-zone-trap-a-thorough-look-at-cc-in-this-game

the neutral zone analogy is awesome
  • veil_
    veil_
    ✭✭✭
    Remove *immunity* to snares /immobilizes, nothing should be immune to something.

Minor/Major snare needs to happen, like how evasion got 'removed' (%numbers should take into account light, medium and heavy armor users)
    Skills which has a immobilizing effect on enemies needs to be split from pure damage dealing type of abilites, to purely cc abilites, like talons is, and a higher resource costs to negate that any ability in this game, bar ultimates, can be 'spammed', if that particular resource pool has high enough numbers, or recovery.

Purge can solve snare/immobilizes, but when snares and immobilizes are so prelevalent in this game, it becomes *very* sought after, completely neglecting the build diversity in order to enjoy the game's content.

Melee users get hurt more than magicka from snares/roots/immobilizes, since purge is something stam do not naturally have access to, unlike templar and purge from AvA support skill line (barring cloaks purge)
    Make snare/immobilize/roots be able to be dodge rolled out of, but not dodgeable.
    This helps stam classes having a 'counter' to cc, like mag's easy access to purges, and roll dodging costs a lot, especially in no cp pvp, i mean, continous roll dodging costs more and more stam...

Just my 2 cents

• Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snares are very overpowered, especially when your outnumbered. No matter what speed you have snares counter it, speed does not counter snares. When you have multiple people fighting you, you get snared so much you can hardly move, like your stuck still, and all immunity skills have such a short cooldown and leaves little time to go offensive, heal/buff before you need to use immunity again.

And snares are also very buggy, often ignoring immunity forcing you to spam forward/ shuffle so much, wasting your gcs and resources. Plus it just makes combat boring, I find it much less fun being forced to press a certain skill every 4 seconds (usually more often due to bugs) just to be able to even move.
    veil_ wrote: »
    Remove *immunity* to snares /immobilizes, nothing should be immune to something.

Without immunity speed would be completely dead, stam would be basically dead. If your snared you need to remove it to be able to move again. Even if snares had a major minor system what would major be ? 30% ? Because if you had a 30% snare and couldn't move it would be way harder for stam to land any attacks and basically impossible to escape people chasing you down.