The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are tanks now forced to wield 2 handed on back bar?

satanio
satanio
✭✭✭✭
Enchants on one handed weapons will now be half the potency of those placed on two handed weapons. This will apply to the damage and effectiveness of enchants, but will not affect the cooldown.
This means an enchant that would normally have a 4 second cooldown and deal 4000 damage on a two handed weapon will deal 2000 Damage, but still have a 4 second cooldown.

According to this wording crusher will be also halved. Can anyone on PTS confirm? Will tanks now wear 2 handed on the backbar?
Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
DW&Bow
DW&2H
2H&Bow
Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
(non cheese)
ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
Checkmath
Tasear
RIP
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tanks were wearing staff on back anyway
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most tanks use a destruction staff on the backbar so it's not going to have a huge impact on their playstyle.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Being FORCED TO have a staff on back bar is extremely bad design. It limits choices for tanks. No matter what they were wearing.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on January 22, 2019 8:52AM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Being FORCED TO have a staff on back bar is extremely bad design. It limits choices for tanks. No matter what they were wearing.

You arent forced. Use 2H or resto if you want.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Edit: being FORCED TO have a weapon that occupies both weapon slots on back bar is bad design.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on January 22, 2019 8:56AM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Edit: being FORCED TO have a weapon that occupies both weapon slots on back bar is bad design.

You are more forced to wear specific weapon on literally EVERY setup including being forced to wear snb on tanks than you are forced to wear one of two handed weapons on tanks to give group 2% damage boost.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You are more forced to wear specific weapon on literally EVERY setup including being forced to wear snb on tanks than you are forced to wear one of two handed weapons on tanks to give group 2% damage boost.

And how do you ensure that Crusher goes on boss instead of add spawns when the only source of Crusher is elemental blockade?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is great, really puts this whole patch into perspective, we are really arguing over single digit changes. (In case you don't understand, an infused crusher is ~2100 right now, new one is ~1050. Which is ~2.1% damage increase.)
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 22, 2019 9:36AM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And how do you ensure that Crusher goes on boss instead of add spawns when the only source of Crusher is elemental blockade?

Dont use blockade then and use crushing/light attacks. Its like you dont even try to think
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since shield is considered an armor piece having one sword should not count for this duel weild nerf but logic < window
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add a 1h/s passive that doubles the potency of your main hand enchant when a shield is equipped?
    Edited by Elwendryll on January 22, 2019 10:22AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    Add a 1h/s passive that doubles the potency of your main hand enchant when a shield is equipped?

I see it as a double crutch to be frank - first halve the enchants, then add special corner case against that nerf in S&B line. Occam must be spinning in his grave. Best thing I can think of is simply disable off hand enchant for DW, it must be the simplest way to implement, and that would make minimal impact while bringing enchants on par with 2H (one enchant per bar, same conditions of proc, same potency).
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Or bow, if you like the Bombard immobilize.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »

I see it as a double crutch to be frank - first halve the enchants, then add special corner case against that nerf in S&B line. Occam must be spinning in his grave. Best thing I can think of is simply disable off hand enchant for DW, it must be the simplest way to implement, and that would make minimal impact while bringing enchants on par with 2H (one enchant per bar, same conditions of proc, same potency).

LOL on the Occam reference, even if that's NOT what he meant by it. :)
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree, this needs to be revoked. Every spec has a passive so don't go crippling 1h weapons. Staves, 2h weapons and bows have their own passives to assist their playstyles. Since the design for sword and board is to be tanky but still retaliate, let it do just that.
    Edited by ellahellabella on January 22, 2019 12:54PM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend suggested that 1h+shield skill tree could have a passive that doubles enchantment effect.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    are tanks still running lighting staff on backbar? worst case they could switch that to infused tourgs lighting staff and apply the reduced pen enchant that way
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with me using a staff is that my tank has a huge amount of mag regen (1101) and I don't want to lose it to block.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    The problem with me using a staff is that my tank has a huge amount of mag regen (1101) and I don't want to lose it to block.

Use shock staff instead.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

don't take the passive Tri Focus then, simple as.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this in the other thread as well about this issue:

The whole point of this 1-hand enchant nerf is to nerf dual wield.

Here's the thing..... SWORD AND BOARD IS NOT DUAL WIELD. Sword and Board is 1 weapon and 1 armor piece (shield).

Sword and Board is NOT a dual wield (2 weapon) set-up. It should NOT be treated as such. It should not be nerfed to fix dual wield's OP.

The enchant on weapon nerf should be applied ONLY when 2 weapons are equipped on a bar.

When it is a Sword and Board, just like 2-Handers, it is counted as 1 weapon and should get the FULL enchant effect.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »

Here's the thing..... SWORD AND BOARD IS NOT DUAL WIELD. Sword and Board is 1 weapon and 1 armor piece (shield).

Sword and Board is NOT a dual wield (2 weapon) set-up. It should NOT be treated as such. It should not be nerfed to fix dual wield's OP.

The enchant on weapon nerf should be applied ONLY when 2 weapons are equipped on a bar.

When it is a Sword and Board, just like 2-Handers, it is counted as 1 weapon and should get the FULL enchant effect.

If the whole point was to nerf DW, this was a stupid way to go about it in more ways than one. But that's not surprising.

Like honestly, we just got buffs to weapon enchants a few patches ago and now they've effectively nerfed them into the ground. DW will probably run Alchemical Poisons with the current changes in place. Over the course of a few months we've gone from "DW enchants do 5-6k DPS on a solo parse" to "DW enchants are so trash that there's no point in even using them, run Poisons instead." Typical ZOS yo-yo balancing. They made some dumb, ill-advised changes and salty PvPers made such a stink about it (and rightfully so) that they've gone and made it useless. How many times have we seen this exact same scenario play out?

What probably should've happened, if "nerf DW" was actually the goal, was that Twin Slashes should've had its bleed damage decreased by ~50% and the Master's DW should've had its bonus damage decreased. That's a much less destructive set of changes that actually addresses bleed damage in PvP and simultaneously reduces DW DPS in PvE by ~1k or so.
    Edited by LiquidPony on January 22, 2019 4:27PM
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »

Not saying I like the nerf or not.
    But people really need to stop doing this "assumption" thing.
    NO WHERE in the patch notes does it mention this being a change to reduce DW, Nerf DW, buff 2H, etc. It simply states; if 2H counts as 2 set pieces with 1 full enchant, single weapons should count as 1 set piece with half an enchant.
    In fairness, I do think they should reduce the mat cost for single weapo items as well, to continue this theme, if that is their true intention.
  • VioletVience
    VioletVience
    ✭✭✭
    satanio wrote: »
    Enchants on one handed weapons will now be half the potency of those placed on two handed weapons. This will apply to the damage and effectiveness of enchants, but will not affect the cooldown.
    This means an enchant that would normally have a 4 second cooldown and deal 4000 damage on a two handed weapon will deal 2000 Damage, but still have a 4 second cooldown.

According to this wording crusher will be also halved. Can anyone on PTS confirm? Will tanks now wear 2 handed on the backbar?

You are bad tank if never hear about Liofa.and why this man always recommend wear lightning staff on backbar since fire destro meta. As good alternative to staffs some exp tanks wear vMA bow with crusher.
    Edited by VioletVience on January 23, 2019 7:20AM
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭

No, you cant use 2H or resto, or if you'll show 100% uptime on crusher from 2h/Resto from a real trial (except craglorn) fight Ill take my words back. Basically, to get 100% uptime on backbar enchant you need ground ability since DOTs dont proc enchants now, so it limits your options to Destro staff or bow. Ice staff would be obviously the recommended option for beginners (also I dont recommend to invest in the passive which switches stamina and mana for blocking on Ice staff). For experienced tanks it would be Lightning staff or vMA bow
    Edited by commdt on January 23, 2019 7:45AM
    Rawr
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    commdt wrote: »

No, you cant use 2H or resto, or if you'll show 100% uptime on crusher from 2h/Resto from a real trial (except craglorn) fight Ill take my words back. Basically, to get 100% uptime on backbar enchant you need ground ability since DOTs dont proc enchants now, so it limits your options to Destro staff or bow. Ice staff would be obviously the recommended option for beginners. For experienced tanks it would be Lightning staff or vMA bow

"If you want" is important part of that statement ;) if you need 100% uptime on full crusher you sre hardly at position where you can think about what you want or like and were probably running staff long time before crusher staff becomes mandatory.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭

No, you cant use 2H or resto, or if you'll show 100% uptime on crusher from 2h/Resto from a real trial (except craglorn) fight Ill take my words back. Basically, to get 100% uptime on backbar enchant you need ground ability since DOTs dont proc enchants now, so it limits your options to Destro staff or bow. Ice staff would be obviously the recommended option for beginners. For experienced tanks it would be Lightning staff or vMA bow

"If you want" is important part of that statement ;) if you need 100% uptime on full crusher you sre hardly at position where you can think about what you want or like and were probably running staff long time before crusher staff becomes mandatory.

Still I can't imagine a situation where you can use 2H or Resto to your advantage concerning the matter :)
    On a side note Asylum 2h actually was used by offtank in some raid group in HOF on Tick-Toc tormentor on the last boss execute, but it was a completely different case
    Rawr
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Still I can't imagine a situation where you can use 2H or Resto to your advantage concerning the matter :)
    On a side note Asylum 2h actually was used by offtank in some raid group in HOF on Tick-Toc tormentor on the last boss execute, but it was a completely different case

Advantage comes from 2h crusher with 51% uptime being better than snb crusher with 100% :D No there isnt any advantage to running 2h or resto regarding crusher when staff is so much easier (even bow would be better than those for it) but if someone complains they feel forced it is option perfectly viable for people that have issues with being forced meta options.
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭

You are bad tank if never hear about Liofa.and why this man always recommend wear lightning staff on backbar since fire destro meta. As good alternative to staffs some exp tanks wear vMA bow with crusher.

Uf, that hurts.
    Let’s discuss before we start to mark people with good or bad adjectives. “Always recommended by Liofa” is not the same as “mandatory because you’ll really cripple your group” (and that was the point of this topic). Healers wear lightning staffs, off balance & minor vulnerability is on the boss anyways, tanks were good to wear double snb with slightly lower crusher uptime.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP