The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Breach and fracture on magica builds

SugaComa
SugaComa
✭✭✭✭✭
So on two stamina builds ...warden and Templar I see they have access to skills that not only do insane amounts of damage the also give breach and fracture debuffs , but I can't find anything similar for magic character

Only one I see is elemental drain, which does not damage and only offer breach no fracture ...but also zero damage

Personally I feel it's this kind of misalignment of skills that make magica builds way behind in terms of PvP damage

Can we review access to these kind of debuffs across not just classes but the magic and stam variants

• Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    but I can't find anything similar for magic character
    Light armour ..ik.. mind blown

• ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magdens have Deep Fissure. Magdens are the best.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashanne wrote: »
    but I can't find anything similar for magic character
    Light armour ..ik.. mind blown

Yeah ... Mind blown ... Explain why my mind is blown. As I'm not following
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So on two stamina builds ...warden and Templar I see they have access to skills that not only do insane amounts of damage the also give breach and fracture debuffs , but I can't find anything similar for magic character

Only one I see is elemental drain, which does not damage and only offer breach no fracture ...but also zero damage

Personally I feel it's this kind of misalignment of skills that make magica builds way behind in terms of PvP damage

Can we review access to these kind of debuffs across not just classes but the magic and stam variants

Ele drain is also Free and can be 600 regen. I was I had a skill like that for all my Stam characters
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Magdens have Deep Fissure. Magdens are the best.

Does deep fissure give sane debuffs ... I wasn't aware ... But that's only one
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well light armor has a lot of penetration built in. It gives more damage than the 15% weapon damage medium gives you.

Elemental drain gives magica back so while using it you can run higher damage.

Warden has one or the other. The Stam morph gives fracture and the magica one breach.

Power of the light which stamplar uses only gives minor and not major.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You failed to mention how ele drain solves all sustain problems...
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • baronzilch
    baronzilch
    ✭✭✭
    Light Armour has enough pene built in you can skip breach with some major CP investment. Ele Drain is available to any magicka build with at least one destro staff (99% of magicka builds) and provides good sustain at zero cost. LA + ED is sufficient for most builds in PvP with no CP investment required.

And then there is Spinner's, which gets you 8.3k pene all by itself (assuming 5 x LA). No stamina set can match that.

10k pene is enough for any build in PvP (while more is still effective - especially in the current HA meta - the 18k standard used for raid PvE is, in most cases, overkill) and it's pretty easy to get there on magicka; takes a little more effort on stamina which is why they have so many fractures built into skills.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baronzilch wrote: »
    Light Armour has enough pene built in you can skip breach with some major CP investment. Ele Drain is available to any magicka build with at least one destro staff (99% of magicka builds) and provides good sustain at zero cost. LA + ED is sufficient for most builds in PvP with no CP investment required.

And then there is Spinner's, which gets you 8.3k pene all by itself (assuming 5 x LA). No stamina set can match that.

10k pene is enough for any build in PvP (while more is still effective - especially in the current HA meta - the 18k standard used for raid PvE is, in most cases, overkill) and it's pretty easy to get there on magicka; takes a little more effort on stamina which is why they have so many fractures built into skills.

Thanks for that that's for more educational than some of the things I've been reading and also helps me see where my build is lacking
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so besides all of the useful advise if you decide you absolutely must have access to breach + fracture you can posion up using bugloss + mudcrab chitin +imp stool = minor breach/minor ward + minor fracture/minor resolve not the greatest pot/poison imo but it will feel like a safety blanket
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chris25602 wrote: »
    Ok so besides all of the useful advise if you decide you absolutely must have access to breach + fracture you can posion up using bugloss + mudcrab chitin +imp stool = minor breach/minor ward + minor fracture/minor resolve not the greatest pot/poison imo but it will feel like a safety blanket

Thanks ... I might try that ...

Just lately PvP is definitely harder for me to get kills ...

Adding ele drain I feel I'm lacking damage

I've switch purifying light to power of the light but the damage burst is too low and my stamina pool do poor it doesn't do my build justice

As soon as I have another player running PoTL or shalks I know that I'm going to be either very dead or very defencive , I'm not built to with stand damage but I can hold my own until two things happen... I'm hit with this debuffs and I'm stunned or rooted

I just feel as a magic Templar I have very little.in my tool box that is useable this patch with out a massive loss to some area of my build ... But my stamplar and stam warden have no fail points except for one ... I hate playing them
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light armor passive, destro staff passive, ele drain.