The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Skill morph

killmove
killmove
✭✭✭
For every skill we should get a variant using stamina and the other variant using magicka.

Stamina variant should be for stamina DD or tank
Magicka variant should be for magicka DD and heal
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    highly disagree. each skill can be either heal, or buff/debuff, Magicka damage, stamina damage, and different variants of the same skill. it will ruin the diversity the skills give.

I am sorry for assuming that you come from a stamina player (because classes do lack stamina abilities imho), but:

1. i feel like the idea that people that use stamina abilities should rely more on weapon abilities is not wrong.

2. tanks use many Magicka utility skills. and healers might use some stamina ones (bone shield).

3. many skills don't make sense if they become stamina ones.

i do feel like more stamina options for classes could do them well, but "all skills" is just...way too much
    Edited by zvavi on January 21, 2019 4:49PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I disagree even though I mostly play stam. The real problem is all the go-to stam abilities for DD's are on universal skill lines making almost every stam DD play the same way.

We just need a little more morph options from the class kits. Not EVERY skill. I'm saying 1-3 more to mix things up depending on the class. Stam NB is in a good place.

I'd also like to see more specialization like stam DK's, the 25% poison cost reduction and +2m melee range is nice because it buffs the existing universal skills and weapon skill lines. I'd like to see more flavour like this for the other classes and more weapon or guild skills available if anything..
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I disagree as well.

Honestly I think Stam sorc and Stam do need a spammable for PvP from their class and that's about it.
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    Because you're using ALL the class skill as magicka? Hell no..
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thread highlighting how dumb this stamina/magicka divide is for game design.
    Bring back hybrids and a lot of these problems for builds get fixed. Because the game was *designed* for hybrid builds. None of this stamina *or* magicka ***.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    there is no such a thing, hybrid build doesn't exist in ESO. at least not viable by any matter
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There definitely aren't enough Stamina morphs and that to me is very limiting in how we play. Stamina toons use mostly weapon abilities instead of class abilities, and all of them use the SAME weapon abilities. That is boring.

Dragonknight has only two stam morphs.
    Nightblade has the most with four stam morphs.
    Sorcerer has two stam morphs.
    Templar has three stam morphs.
    Warden has three stam morphs.

That's it, out of ALL of those class abilities, that's it. Come on ZOS!!! Really?
    Edited by Wildberryjack on January 21, 2019 8:07PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    totally agree, there is not enough stamina morphs in the game.

also skills are 90% the same between all classes. where is the diversity in gameplay promised by ZOS?