Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New test server

SugaComa
SugaComa
✭✭✭✭✭
So with a fair few new MMOs coming out for PC this year is it time the developers started focussing on console as ESO has little to no competition in the way of other MMOs so maybe it's time for that console test server ?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a console player, it's funny every time. I really don't think this is ever going to be a thing and I hope it isn't because PC players have better tools to test changes than consoles, and with the closed hardware and the console manufacturer verification processes it would be a slow, pointless exercise for people (like me) who really just want to play stuff early, not actually test anything...pretty sure a lot of the PC PTS players are the same way based on what gets through to live.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    So with a fair few new MMOs coming out for PC this year is it time the developers started focussing on console as ESO has little to no competition in the way of other MMOs so maybe it's time for that console test server ?

The idea is good ... but how high would it be on the ZOS priority list?

Waiting for the next post in the thread to be from the devs:

“It’s not currently in our plans.”
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any console game that has a PTS?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, but ESO could justa take that niche. Testing changes in PTS is as funny as playing the official nerfcalypsis
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • coj901
    coj901
    ✭✭✭
    Waste of Dev time
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not having a console myself, I dont know how prohibitive downloading whats essentially a 2nd copy of the game would be.

I also dont know if ZOS would have to get approval from the consoles for every PTS change they make. On PC, they cycle between NA and EU regularly, and update new patches every couple weeks.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 21, 2019 6:56PM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes ... The division did one ... And the changes that were made cos of it were fantastic

... Granted it wasn't as regular as ESO PTS but it was one none the less think they ran it twice to test two big changes including the new darkzone areas

It's entirely possible and I know there was another game that's did ..ESO just refuse to add one ... You would simply select it like you do now between NA and EU, just select PTS

This may not be allowed but here is a link to prove it existed

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000027472/Accessing-PTS-on-Consoles-TCTD
    Edited by SugaComa on January 21, 2019 7:02PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Economically not feasible due to the way Live and PSN contracts/rules are structured.
    Why there are no test servers for any game, other than occasional game beta versions.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Economically not feasible due to the way Live and PSN contracts/rules are structured.
    Why there are no test servers for any game, other than occasional game beta versions.

Wrong wrong wrong ... See my post above
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong wrong wrong ... See my post above

That was more of a closed invite only beta.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't I was on it ... It was patched in and during the event I could choose at log in the PTS or live game it's time slots were limited in which you could play though ... But it has at least shown that if you care enough about your clientele you will make things like this happen instead of letting them be left behind and subject to the will of the testers on a platform that's not relevent to them
  • Ganjii_x
    Ganjii_x
    What sugacoma said is true the division did have a pts while live game was up during i think was the first year also pubg has a pts for Xbox too so it’s possible the problem being getting verification each time for a patch
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes ... The division did one ... And the changes that were made cos of it were fantastic

... Granted it wasn't as regular as ESO PTS but it was one none the less think they ran it twice to test two big changes including the new darkzone areas
    :smile:

It's entirely possible and I know there was another game that's did ..ESO just refuse to add one ... You would simply select it like you do now between NA and EU, just select PTS

This may not be allowed but here is a link to prove it existed

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000027472/Accessing-PTS-on-Consoles-TCTD

I was curious about Ubisoft's implementation of a console PTS for their game, so thanks for the link.

After investigating further, I found that only a limited number of console players were invited to access Ubi's console PTS, while all PC/Mac players could. Ubisoft said they had 'a limited number of keys' for console access, which suggests to me that MS and Sony impose a burden of some sort for offering a console PTS that does not exist for PC/Mac players.

In other words... console PTS not feasible.