The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Launcher Stuck at 10% Then Freezing

Sephirajo
Sephirajo
✭✭✭
My daughter and I have been trying to update the game all day only the launcher is frozen at ten percent, nothing on the launcher can be clicked (it's frozen too) and after about two minutes it shuts itself down. There's no option to repair or anything.
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    This has been happening to me too, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game to no avail. Are you playing through Steam?
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    open cmd as admin. ipconfig /flushdns

restart

should fix it
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Sephirajo
    Sephirajo
    ✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

restart

should fix it

Tried, and it got to 11% and now, the same thing. Completely frozen, can not move it, can not do anything, and it eventually just crashes.
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    Sephirajo wrote: »
    Skander wrote: »

restart

should fix it

Tried, and it got to 11% and now, the same thing. Completely frozen, can not move it, can not do anything, and it eventually just crashes.

I just checked another thread and people said it's an ISP issue, so downloading a VPN worked for them. I just downloaded a free VPN (Windscribe, suggested by another user) and now my launcher is patching and updating with no problems. Could be worth a shot if you're still having trouble.
  • Sephirajo
    Sephirajo
    ✭✭✭
    The VPN worked. If anyone else needs a free one, I use TunnelBear
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there is already an ongoing thread regarding the launcher issues, we are going to close this discussion. We are still looking into this issue and solutions as described here. Please use this thread for any further commentary specific to the launcher issues that started on September 4th.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.