The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should sky shards be account wide on console

• heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes... One character gets all characters get a marker on thier map for easy collection
    As a PC player, I fully support the idea that once a character 'maps' out where something is, they could create a map for their friends (ie alts of the same account). It's literally no different than addons that PC players may or may not use (and console players could toggle the map key off if they wanted so it wouldn't be forced there either).

There's really no reason not to make UI/QoL improvements like Skyshards, Awesome Guild Store, Destinations/Lost Treasure, etc official so that console *and* PC players can make use of them if they wish.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • coj901
    coj901
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe don't expect an mmo on console to be as good as PC.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    Why only Console users? Imo, if console gets it then PC should get it too.
    Edited by Noxavian on January 20, 2019 12:08AM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    OP why do you keep criticizing people who don't vote how you think they should have? Perhaps you should delete this poll, and instead, try one that asks if people would support adding skyshard/lorebook icons to base game for all platforms. Because getting pissy with people just because they feel different, and have 0 control over what ZOS chooses to do, just makes no sense. You'd get a lot more support from the PC community if you didn't want them given to your characters rather than just the icons given to your characters.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    why console only? if you say becasue PC has addons - consoles have maps online they can follow and addons don't make you travel between sky shards instantaneously it STILL takes considerable time to gather. so why only console?

LOL a marked point on your map versus googling them is comparable.

You a funny guy.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... One character gets all characters get a marker on thier map for easy collection
    OP why do you keep criticizing people who don't vote how you think they should have? Perhaps you should delete this poll, and instead, try one that asks if people would support adding skyshard/lorebook icons to base game for all platforms. Because getting pissy with people just because they feel different, and have 0 control over what ZOS chooses to do, just makes no sense. You'd get a lot more support from the PC community if you didn't want them given to your characters rather than just the icons given to your characters.

Not criticising ... But I feel people don't read the options as they say no then suggest one of the yes options ...

Now while I agree that 1 & 2 are not likely to happen and if by some miracle they did then they should be available to pc users

Option 3 is in a round about way giving console users an option that brings us in line with the options pc users have

I wanted to get a feel to what console users actually want ... A straight up hand out like 1 and 2 which I feel is wrong

3 a way to bring us in line with pc and their add-on or if majority of console players are totally against the idea

I didn't want pc players to tarnish the results but it seems that can't be avoided so it's a futile exercise anyway
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tetrafy wrote: »
    Yes should only allow consoles to vote we dont get add ons for easy peasy playing. Wonder how many pc players are going to hop on their alts and downvote this one. Apparently they didnt play swtor either.

Give me a break. You have access to a computer don't you, or a phone. You can easily bring up a map of where they are and go find them. That's all the addon does.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes should only allow consoles to vote we dont get add ons for easy peasy playing. Wonder how many pc players are going to hop on their alts and downvote this one. Apparently they didnt play swtor either.

Give me a break. You have access to a computer don't you, or a phone. You can easily bring up a map of where they are and go find them. That's all the addon does.

Have you tried with these maps ... They give a proximation of the local but not pin pointed like pc add-on does

And not only that some of them on the online maps I've used are incorrect.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    Stop Being Lazy.
    If you want to start new characters, commit to them.
    Play on them, dont run endless dolmens, dont have someone run you through skyreach. Play the game and you'll have plenty of skill points
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Skyshards should be account wide, end of story. I don't see why it should be on console and not PC.

I guess part of me thought I would see a clear vote in favour of option 3 bring it in line with current pc abilities if the user chose to apply an add-on for thier alt

What I'm actually seeing is even pc players want to short cut this boring grind and some players feel just because they chose to play the game one way all players should be forced to play that way with no real "option" for players to play their way

I'm game for making shards account-wide on both PC and console. Or giving console and PC players toggleable markers on their maps-- sans add-ons. I support parity and equality, period.

There's a part of me that shares your pain. I spent a couple of months doing things the hard way before I found the wonderful world of add-ons. I constantly alt-tabbed to online maps for shards, etc. It was not fun. The memory still lingers :s

The "play the game my way" folks are found everywhere. You're usually better off ignoring them. They can't be reasoned with.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could we please stop asking for everything to be "account wide"?

Skyshards are not hard to find and there is nothing necessary about collecting them.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ... One characters collects all characters get
    They should be account-wide on all platforms. The main reason many people don't like to experiment with new characters is because of the horrible skyshard and lorebook grind. I know that i'd have more characters than I do now if I wouldn't have to slog through getting enough skillpoints for the necessary passives. I have 9 characters but only play 3 because i'm burned out from skyshard hunting.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Linaleah wrote: »
    why console only? if you say becasue PC has addons - consoles have maps online they can follow and addons don't make you travel between sky shards instantaneously it STILL takes considerable time to gather. so why only console?

LOL a marked point on your map versus googling them is comparable.

You a funny guy.

its not completely the same but having done psijic quest before addons got it added - via tabbing out to a google map? its very doable and much better then going blind. that said... emphasis here is... if consols get account shards? then so should pc.

consoles getting in game markings for skyshards? THAT is also fair.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    I've got no problem placing skyshards on the map as an option for both PC and console if 'parity' is desired.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    I think one character collecting all skyshards is a bit too easy. Yet doing it on 10 or 15 is way too redundant and boring. Maybe it should cost gold to unlock on all alts, nothing too extreme though. Maybe having 3 characters do it, one on each faction and needing to have the caldwell's gold completed on at least one of them. This is just an example though and Pc players should be included here too imho. Don't divide your own player base. You never know who might be your ally one day.

Clearly didn't read all the options then as you voted no then suggested option 2

Actually, I did read it and accidentally marked one, I intended to comment without marking any, because I had a more specific answer than those, since I feel caldwell gold should be complete too(which is in that comment) and possibly even other achieves. I just didn't want to ramble, and sadly this poll has no "other "box to check, but thanks for your feedback. lol
    Edited by Arrodisia on January 20, 2019 3:19PM
  • BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    No because you're only concern is Console.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be nice if it also included markers for mages guild lore books as well, but make it as a toggle in options we can turn off and on.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't aware that was possible ... Would have been good as so far 14 votes for no , 2 Xbox players 12 pc players

Proving pc players are once again forcing thier will on console players
    This 100% is why I kinda hate the PC community. I want to play on what IM comfortable on, now what YOUR comfortable on and are trying to force people on.
    Akrasjel wrote: »
    Are you saying consoles are inferior to PC.

It's should be the same for console(s) and PC.
    Tell that second part to the diehard PC crowd that has add-ons and still screams "cOnSoLe PeAsAnT!!1"
    Edited by Reistr_the_Unbroken on January 20, 2019 9:36AM
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wasn't aware that was possible ... Would have been good as so far 14 votes for no , 2 Xbox players 12 pc players

Proving pc players are once again forcing thier will on console players
    This 100% is why I kinda hate the PC community. I want to play on what IM comfortable on, now what YOUR comfortable on and are trying to force people on.
    Akrasjel wrote: »
    Are you saying consoles are inferior to PC.

It's should be the same for console(s) and PC.
    Tell that second part to the diehard PC crowd that has add-ons and still screams "cOnSoLe PeAsAnT!!1"

If you actually read the responses in the thread, that isn't true at all. What I'm seeing is a lot of people objecting to console-only perks via a badly-worded poll. This PC user picked nothing because nothing represents how I'd actually answer.

Skewed and flawed poll options produce weird results, which is what you're actually seeing.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    Having been a day 1 player on console, i know exactly the pain of levelling an alt on console, now unless your a completionist, which when levelling an alt, is not always the case, an alt is for, i dunno being a crafter, pvping etc, then all the skyshards in the game are not actually needed.

When running round levelling, through different zones you may find half the skyshards through memory alone, then factor in the skyshards you get from levelling, then factor in the skyshards you get say from doing the main story, that is plenty of skyshards a character needs.

Now im on PC and if console got skyhards/lorebooks pinned on the map as part of the UI then PC should rightly get the same as it would be a part of the base game, And PC users bought the same game.
  • playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm totally lazy so i'm going to say yes because it's come to the point now where I create a character and I start it and do the starter zones then think why the hell am I doing this too much stuff to level up and then I just give up and go play another game or watch netflix B)
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    Having been a day 1 player on console, i know exactly the pain of levelling an alt on console, now unless your a completionist, which when levelling an alt, is not always the case, an alt is for, i dunno being a crafter, pvping etc, then all the skyshards in the game are not actually needed.

When running round levelling, through different zones you may find half the skyshards through memory alone, then factor in the skyshards you get from levelling, then factor in the skyshards you get say from doing the main story, that is plenty of skyshards a character needs.

Now im on PC and if console got skyhards/lorebooks pinned on the map as part of the UI then PC should rightly get the same as it would be a part of the base game, And PC users bought the same game.

^ this, i still dont even have all skyshards on my main and i have 10 toons with over 1000CP, so its not super important.
    I like having something todo on my alts by myself when i dont feel like running trials or dungeons, which happens alot.

Obviously it should be for both platforms if they change it.
    Apart from CP i am not a fan of account wide stuff.

I play on PS4 since 2015 and i am not jealous of pc for having addons.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Kitty_Quietly
    Kitty_Quietly
    ✭✭✭
    Option three map markers sounds like a great compromise.

If I am being honest in my desires, well, option one is what I’d really want. Unlikely and might be wrong for various reasons but yeah, I’d love more account wide stuff. I don’t expect or require it. I do always want it.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well there are those that would be against account wide skyshards in general. If they added in the option I would be fine with it. What I would not be fine with is it being for consoles or pc only. All must get it for me to be happy. I am happy console players were able to get text chat after a year or two of not having it. But the thing is this game existed for years on the pc. Before moving to consoles and I believe they didn't want to give Consoles Text Chat at all and because of this they were limited to voice chat only. Till finally they gave in and gave it to the console players. So you are lucky to even be able to have text chat on the console version. To me it was unfair for consoles to not have text chat. Consoles do have a integrated Voice chat system pc does not.
    Hopefully they will add that in for players on the pc one day. Even though I won't use it other players might use it. But for the most part I think they mostly just use Discord for voice chat. So that is probably why they have not added the feature to pc. So Consoles do have one exclusive thing pc does not. Pc has addons consoles don't because they don't have a choice. Maybe someone if they have not already can write a petition to Sony or Microsoft so addons can be allowed in those versions of eso.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 20, 2019 12:19PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    No, but think there should be options to migrate Skyshards to alts conditionally.

The thought that comes to mind would be a set of Voucher/Tel Var/Crown furnishing items (like the containers) that allow you to collect completed collections of skyshards.

So, for example, if you have all of the Vvardenfell Skyshards, you could get a map for your houses that would allow one of your characters to absorb those shards when used.

I'd also love a similar idea for recipes and motifs, with some kind of "trait library" for research. (In that case, being able to start research of previously known items from that furnishing, rather than needing to crunch items to get research started.

The only one I really can't get behind is Mage's guild. Giving a starting character an extra 130 skill points doesn't really mean much, because they have nothing to spend it on, and need to earn that over time anyway. However, giving them a maxed out skill line off the bat would mean that you could start turning that into a significant starting advantage.

Now, other side of this is, it would be cool to have lore library bookshelves that filled up as you found books and "deposited" them in the book shelf. (Though, for me, it'd start out completed.) But, I'm also on board with the idea of skyshard map tables which show the exact location of those shards, and spare your characters from needing to go out and collect them again. (The one big thing I would push on this is that these need to be tied to completing the achievements for those shards. So, you can't just collect a couple Cyrodiil shards and then share the temple shards with your alts, you'd need all 49 Cyrodiil shards on one character and then ALL of your characters could hoover those up whenever.

Still, I think at this point, stuff that starts passing these per character collections around is a good thing, it just needs to be optional.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think console players should have to collect all sky shards within an hour.

If they don't, they have to give up the silly toy machine and buy a PC instead.

:trollface:
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Kitty_Quietly
    Kitty_Quietly
    ✭✭✭
    Well there are those that would be against account wide skyshards in general. If they added in the option I would be fine with it. What I would not be fine with is it being for consoles or pc only. All must get it for me to be happy. I am happy console players were able to get text chat after a year or two of not having it. But the thing is this game existed for years on the pc. Before moving to consoles and I believe the didn't want to give Consoles Text Chat at all and because of this they were limited to voice chat only. Till finally they gave in and gave it to the console players. So you are lucky to even be able to have text chat on the console version. To me it was unfair for consoles to not have text chat. Consoles do have a integrated Voice chat system pc does not.
    Hopefully they will add that in for players on the pc one day. Even though I won't use it other players might use it. But for the most part I think they mostly just use Discord for voice chat. So that is probably why they have not added the feature to pc. So Consoles do have one exclusive thing pc does not. Pc has addons consoles don't because they don't have a choice. Maybe someone if they have not already can write a petition to Sony or Microsoft so addons can be allowed in those versions of eso.

Yeah, I would hope account wide stuff or even map markers would be something for everybody if added. Not all PC players even use add-ons.

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well there are those that would be against account wide skyshards in general. If they added in the option I would be fine with it. What I would not be fine with is it being for consoles or pc only. All must get it for me to be happy. I am happy console players were able to get text chat after a year or two of not having it. But the thing is this game existed for years on the pc. Before moving to consoles and I believe the didn't want to give Consoles Text Chat at all and because of this they were limited to voice chat only. Till finally they gave in and gave it to the console players. So you are lucky to even be able to have text chat on the console version. To me it was unfair for consoles to not have text chat. Consoles do have a integrated Voice chat system pc does not.

Yeah, I would hope account wide stuff or even map markers would be something for everybody if added. Not all PC players even use add-ons.

I might get a text chat addon, to allow me to link and copy and paste as selecting text is somethign have not been able to figure out to do it with the vanilla chat I don't think you can. . But I do have lorebooks and skyshards as those are useful to have. Hopefully they will be able to program something like lorebooks and skyshards for the console players. Hopefully soon. Maybe with the guild ui update and guild finder update they could if they wanted to program lorebooks and skyshards into the physical game for console players. Would be a good time to do it.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 20, 2019 12:39PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    Why only console? Personally I don't have the need to get more than the required amount of skyshards for the skills I need on my alts. My main does all of my crafting.
    Edited by KingofAnnwn on January 20, 2019 12:44PM
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
    DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
    PC
    AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
    EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
    DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
    PS5
    DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro
  • Kitty_Quietly
    Kitty_Quietly
    ✭✭✭

I might get a text chat addon, to allow me to link and copy and paste. But I do have lorebooks and skyshards as those are useful to have. Hopefully they will be able to program something like lorebooks and skyshards that for the console players. Hopefully soon. Maybe with the guild ui update and guild finder update they could if they wanted to program lorebooks and skyshards into the physical game for console players. Would be a good time to do it.

Agree, that would be nice. One other upside is maybe if built into game then maybe that’s one less add-on PC players would ever feel they need. So yeah, built in stuff for everybody sounds cool.