The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Werewolf DPS in PVE, welcomed or kicked?

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
How do you all feel about werewolf DPSes in dungeons and trails? Is it calling for a kick from you? Do you feel like you'd be better with a non-werewolf DPS?
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?

Werewolf DPS in PVE, welcomed or kicked? 106 votes

Yes, werewolf is inferior for PVE DPS
10%
Joker99MrCray78RandomchaosTechnoDreamVisionkylewwefanDPShiroItzmichiiiYukiXiDiabolismiXBlackStormXPumicide 11 votes
If their build is good it's fine
48%
ngage98_ESOvailjohn_ESOWuffyCeruleiIruil_ESOtony.keetsb16_ESOgronkdamagebottleofsyrupjircris11LatiosAhzekEdziuLarianaXephontpod88kkGlaiceanaSnowZeniaChairo_KumaRudsterralphylaurenVildebill 51 votes
Nah I welcome werewolf DPS!
28%
Caligamy_ESOotis67Osteosstojekarcub18_ESOdem0n1kStreegaAmphithoeCillion3117perditionerOhtimbarsneakymitchellParaNostramGeneral_ZeranthphobiTasearCaiWenjicoop500jlmurra2dovakiin5574Rexy18 30 votes
Other
13%
Nebthet78SleepTholian1Tan9oSucckaKelAliyavanaPaazhahdrimaakthedude33AlienatedGoatphileunderx2FakeFoxATomiX96PeaBrainCarlArchangelIsraphel 14 votes
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The only thing calling for a kick from me, is someone suggesting that kicking people out of a group is actually a good thing.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I have been running my WW in dungeons from time to time, and the only issue I have is that there is almost always someone in the group that holds things up until the timer runs out. Otherwise, it is fun to use.

I don’t like to use my WW in most trials, because it limits me to melee only and I like to have my full rotation when I do them.

I wouldn’t kick someone for it.
    Edited by Tholian1 on January 19, 2019 10:51PM
    PS4 Pro NA
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furry brothers are welcome! Of course if they know content, and they know when they could transfrom for higher melee dps and when it's better to sit on bow/melee and use other ult.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I just love when I have the trash all herded up, and a WW comes in and fears them in 70 different directions.

Generally, I would say no on Vet and it doesn’t matter on Normal.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do 52k DPS in WW form now I have built for it, so usually pulling most of the group DPS in four man vet content. But as the other poster says, often someone ends up standing about fiddling with their inventory, so if I don't just steam into the next set of mobs the timer will transform me back to human. But in WW you are so hardy you can take on pretty much all vet content on your own, apart from the newer vet DLC stuff. I've ended up soloing many vet bosses after the rest of the team have died.

Trials wise, it can work well but when not in WW form DPS is down if you have built specifically for WW, so you need to think about when you transform. But it can work really well when leaping between boss locations in vCR, for example. Plus, it is fun :)

But as long as you don't fear the mobs but do stick to the basic skills, a properly built WW in pretty much all content is an asset IMO.
    Edited by FlyingSwan on January 19, 2019 11:12PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would MUCH rather have a casual player who does only light attacks or doesn't understand roations/skills in a full WW setup rather than <Insert build here>
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WW tanks who transform on the otherhand...
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't judge DPS based on build, WW or otherwise.

And I won't even really care about DPS from PUGs unless I'm in a vet DLC dungeon.
    PC-NA Goat
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may say from my experience that WW ult on ice staff backbar is very good alternative to being vampire for a tank. First - you get increased stam regen when on ice bar, second if team is dead and boss have only 100-200k hp you have chance to finish it off in WW form even if you are full tank with 2k dps when not transformed, and third - not obvious - when you transform with all team dead, your small wolves often will taunt boss on themselves so you will have some time to rise comrades without being interrupted. This works even in dlc vets.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a ww dps I tend to out dps any other and at times out tank. It's all about the build and skill of said person
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hands down the easiest way to get vet dungeon ready dps that I know of. Maybe there are others too, but typically you can't butcher

LA x9
    Claws of (life/anguish)
    LA x9
    Claws of...

You get it.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    As long as they are not the tank or healer I'm ok with it.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I hate Werewolves.
  • SiAScORCH
    SiAScORCH
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they know how to properly use their ww than it's fine. You don't want to fear anything. On the main bosses all you want to do is light attack, light attack and keep on light attacking. You can cast hircine rage for dmg bonus, but that's it. For trash fights I typically use claws of life.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    The only thing calling for a kick from me, is someone suggesting that kicking people out of a group is actually a good thing.

Why don’t you try play a tank and specificly get two low dmg dd que up vet falkreath keep? Ofc it’s a good thing, all real tank deserve real dd, not the ones do as much dps as a healer.
  • SiAScORCH
    SiAScORCH
    ✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »

Why don’t you try play a tank and specificly get two low dmg dd que up vet falkreath keep? Ofc it’s a good thing, all real tank deserve real dd, not the ones do as much dps as a healer.

If I'm doing any role and I get a low dps, I vote kick, if it doesn't pass then I leave but normally I'm with two other people so we have the winning numbers. I don't do it to be rude, but if they can't bother to research a build, then why do I have to suffer through longer content especially like CoA2 or something.
  • GraphicArtistYT
    GraphicArtistYT
    ✭✭✭
    Instant vote to kick
  • SiAScORCH
    SiAScORCH
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instant vote to kick

LOL. I'm guessing you pull like 10k dps.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't that CR Voltaic Overload targeted at WW can't be disabled?
    Otherwise it's fine.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WW is ok till your timer runs out... right infront of next boss ) Then you are just a pff dd.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    Isn't that CR Voltaic Overload targeted at WW can't be disabled?
    Otherwise it's fine.

WW never gets the effect in the first place :)
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WW is really OK :)

Completed my usual trials HM with it , VHRC , VAA and VSO , I thought VSO was tough , but it was not lol ...
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolves can pull good dps, but they really need some decent gear. You don't need the Bloodmoon/Relequen's/Kena combo. Gear like VO, Hunding's, and Automaton's do just fine.

Also don't fear the adds if you're unfamiliar with the tank. When I'm on my WW, I only fear them to kind play around with the tank, BUT only because they're my friend.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you are talking about a progression group where the requirements were posted beforehand, a good build is needed.

For any other kind of content, like non-score runs and vet dungeons, of course they are welcome, regardless of build.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20k DPS to 70k dps vs 5 k normal pug DPS... yeah I will take fluffy.
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    if they are dealing decent damage it's fine if not i'll quit
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My friend has crazy high single target DPS on WW. But absolutely zero AOE. Obviously I’m not gonna kick, but they’re really not so great for dungeons with loads of ads.
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would never group up with a jumping around werewolf in the first place, for me personally it's something for either role play or bgs.

So basically no kick as I wouldn't invite a werewolf in the first place, sorry.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    depends on what content you are doing.
    In normal trials and nondlc dungeons I highly doubt anyone would question why someone is a WW in there, but everything beyond that I would avoid WWs.
  • Rexy18
    Rexy18
    ✭✭✭
    I completed MoL hardmode as WW with one other WW in the group, they're perfectly viable and welcome for most content