The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire magblade

Yuffie91
Yuffie91
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone have a good build for this? Mostly play pvp. Alcast doesnt seem to have one
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do your instincts tell you would be effective sets to use? Which skills look fun/interesting? What play style appeals to you?

You don't have to copy other people's builds.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    Is it for RP purposes or for the passives? Because then I would say it very much depends on if you feel you need vampire for the regen and mitigation
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    After so much trial and error with magicka builds on a stamina race - which I thought I needed to compensate for - I've come to find that what's most important is that your build fits your playstyle. Do you know your playstyle? Maybe you just want a build to use to jump in and keep playing, which is fine, too. But, magblade is so niche right now, playing one is a struggle in and of itself, and if you aren't playing how you want, but how you think you should you can drive yourself up a wall. Most builds I find online fit the playstyle of whomever created the build, so make sure you know iow you want to play, and that the build jives with you.

You could build your own? Search old forum posts, and see how people use certain skills to get a feel for how they're useful tactically, then you can build something yourself. Or, you can look at the strengths of various builds and see how you can combine them to fit your play style.

As for builds, one of the most interesting builds that I've seen in a long time was this 'Immortal Melee Magblade', which was created with the recent damage shield changes in mind.

I haven't tried this yet, but it looks fun. I don't like that he uses dark cloak instead of shadowy disguise, but, you know.

I'm planning to add some stuff from the build video above into my current build, as the resistances aren't high enough, but currently I run:
    • 5 shacklebreaker with tri-glyphs/impen
    • lich jewelry transmuted to tri-glyphs
    • greatsword of willpower / dylora's staff (resto lich staff); poisons on both for skoria
    • skoria with impen and tri-glyphs
    Lich was overkill once I learned how to sustain with resto heavy attacks.
    Edited by ProbablePaul on January 20, 2019 2:34AM
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 shackle 5 Spinner 2 Skoria is a decent basic magblade setup for destro resto build.

You can go from there and frontbar spinner only and use an arena resto, switch shackle for something else etc.

Good destro resto magblade sets are: spinner, axiom, necropotence (shade), shackle breaker, war maiden, spell strategist, elegance, Julianos, bright throats boast, transmutation, spell power cure, willpower, lich and other niche sets.

Good monster sets are Skoria, Zaan, Malubeth, Pirate Skeleton, Bloodspawn, Balorgh and/or mismatched 1pc sets.

Typical skill loadouts are
    Swallow Soul, Fear/Flame Clench, Ele drain/magelight/Impale, Merciless resolve, Shadowy disguise/Dark Cloak, Soul harvest/Meteor/Soul Tether/Soul Assault

Cripple, Healing Ward, Mist Form/Double Take/Shadow Image, Siphoning Strikes, LA Shield, Resto Ult/Soul Siphon

Welcome to the sexiest class alive!
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -