The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why not just make race change tokens free for a week?

• lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've mained a Templar since console release. I like Magplars so I have a few. Sometimes they're in a good place, but other times they've been really, really bad.

But whatever they've changed, I've rolled with it. I've got a choice of either making do, deleting them and making better characters or just not playing them for a while. The same choices everyone has now.

Instead of complaining that you're not getting something for nothing, maybe you should just be glad that the balance hammer is passing over racial passives this time, something you have the option of doing something about, rather than messing up class skills again which you'd just be stuck with
    PS4 EU
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a good idea-- or for people who might be on vacation/hiatus/life issues after the change goes live, the week begins at first login after the update.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    I've mained a Templar since console release. I like Magplars so I have a few. Sometimes they're in a good place, but other times they've been really, really bad.

But whatever they've changed, I've rolled with it. I've got a choice of either making do, deleting them and making better characters or just not playing them for a while. The same choices everyone has now.

Instead of complaining that you're not getting something for nothing, maybe you should just be glad that the balance hammer is passing over racial passives this time, something you have the option of doing something about, rather than messing up class skills again which you'd just be stuck with

Remember when thaumaturge didnt buff/scale correctly with jabs and they were poop? Lmao
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im guessing they did the math and the math says WE'LL PAY FOR IT! :-)
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »
    These min/maxers crack me up. If they found the math was better for a different combination, they would reroll a toon anyway, even if no changes were made from the developer side.

But because the developer initiated this one, they want to whine for lost time. Add into it that class balance has been whined about for a long time from those people.

Just whine, whine, whine, cry, cry, cry all of the time from these people. I don't think anything would make them happy. Complaining (especially when anonymously) can be an addiction. Just one browse through a Facebook feed can show you that.

I don't whine much at all. And I'm not a min/maxer. But I chose Dunmer for my magDK dps for the fire buff and no other reason.

Personally, I dislike re-balancing every time. I don't care if my character is under-powered. What I do care about though is being given a means of remediation when they change things I chose because of what they were at the time of choosing. If they don't want to facilitate remediation, leave things alone. Re-balancing is a never-ending treadmill anyway. I would be happy if they just left things alone.

I find the proposed changes to be better than what they had at launch. But as someone who doesn't care about PvP or roleplaying, that doesn't feel important to me personally. What feels important to me is the game not being chaotic with regular skill and race changes. But I accept all this because apparently it is the norm with MMOs.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    Ertosi wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Ertosi wrote: »
    I don't think it's fair to assume that. Each person is affected by these changes, so each person should be able to decide how many changes they need.

A similar unfair assumption that's been going around is that only meta-chasers are affected by these changes. For instance, I'm as far from being a meta-chaser as a player can get and have several characters who's entire design was directly based upon their racial skills, skills which have now been completely removed. Like my bosmer sniper who was completely structured around the old bosmer racial skills of stealth and extra damage from stealth, both of which are being completely removed. And my Dunmer flame DK which was designed completely around their racial bonus to fire damage, which is also being completely removed. And being able to replicate those abilities with gear is not an answer because as they were, they had those abilities with complementary gear. Had these racials merely been reduced, that's one thing, but their primary abilities are going to be completely gone. It's not too much to ask for ZOS to make right on that.

You see, this is exactly the problem. Nobody, really nobody needs the race changes. The decision about "how many changes someone needs" is individual. If you think you need 10 changes, buy them.

None of the changes makes a race change mandatory. It's almost hysterical now to ask for unlimited race changes because - as some make it sound - it's a decision between life and death when in fact it's just a decision between 1.2% or 1.3%.

Not sure you read what I posted as the two examples I gave weren't facing a % decrease, rather they had old racial abilities needed for their builds completely removed.

Ok, so going on your examples you use the free change to make your Bosmer a Khajiit to get the sneak back. Your Dunmer might be (might be - nothing is even set in stone yet) losing it's extra flame damage but seeing as it's not going to any other race instead I don't see the urgent need for a race change in that case

Dunmer went from mag to Stam, meaning magDK got pwned - massive dps loss - if they stay dunnmer and mag
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds