The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Place to put weapons from quests, like a memory book?

Aertew
Aertew
✭✭✭✭
So I was wondering after collecting items from quests, I kinda liked them, I know you can always create a new character and do the quests, but stuff like the ring from the mages quest line seems nice, especially with a quote attached to it. I think there could maybe be a house item where you can put all of the items you earned from quests, or just items in general, or maybe it could be like the collection menu with the books you collect, where you can view the item and the quote it had, something to make the quests more memorable.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second this! I keep one of all those unique quest gear pieces and they take up a lot of space...
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    I second this! I keep one of all those unique quest gear pieces and they take up a lot of space...

I think it could work pretty well, either it acts like the lorebooks and you can only look at it, or. It saves the item someplace in collections, and you could pull it out anytime you want, but you cant sell it, it costs 0 gold and if you try deconstructing it you get nothing, and if you delete it you can pull another one, however that all would take a while of coding, so I think just making a collection where you can view the item, its stats, and the quote it came with would be better, along with a way to tell where they came from, like what quests and at what levels, and where.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would need to be account wide and retrospective. Like memento's, when you complete a public dungeon on an alt you receive no award if it had been completed on another character.

So you get awarded your unique weapon, and it doesn't go into your inventory, it goes into a new tab like memento's, but you can a) Transmute it b) Enchant it and c) upgrade its temper grade.

Any character can use that weapon / jewel / armor so long as they have satisfied the quest requirement.

It can be done for all named weapons / jewels / armors. They would also need no level requirement, just quest unlock requirement. So the item will scale with the character.

So, if your main has found (unlocked) the Crab Charm Necklace, in order for an alt to use the Crab Charm necklace, they would need to complete either (or maybe both) of the Fungal Grotto quests.

I like this idea, because some uniques are found from quests (It would get alts questing), some uniques are found in dungeons (it would get alts dungeon trawling) and some uniques are found on World Bosses.

So if your main has unlocked the unique Mothers Sorrow ring found on one of the Deshaan WB's, all an alt would need to do is kill that WB to have access to that ring in the 'unique's' tab.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We need display cases and mannequins in our houses.

I would like to keep purple stolen items in one. Or display a full armor style.
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    It would need to be account wide and retrospective. Like memento's, when you complete a public dungeon on an alt you receive no award if it had been completed on another character.

So you get awarded your unique weapon, and it doesn't go into your inventory, it goes into a new tab like memento's, but you can a) Transmute it b) Enchant it and c) upgrade its temper grade.

Any character can use that weapon / jewel / armor so long as they have satisfied the quest requirement.

It can be done for all named weapons / jewels / armors. They would also need no level requirement, just quest unlock requirement. So the item will scale with the character.

So, if your main has found (unlocked) the Crab Charm Necklace, in order for an alt to use the Crab Charm necklace, they would need to complete either (or maybe both) of the Fungal Grotto quests.

I like this idea, because some uniques are found from quests (It would get alts questing), some uniques are found in dungeons (it would get alts dungeon trawling) and some uniques are found on World Bosses.

So if your main has unlocked the unique Mothers Sorrow ring found on one of the Deshaan WB's, all an alt would need to do is kill that WB to have access to that ring in the 'unique's' tab.

I mean it doesnt need to be account wide and I think it would be worse that way. The item collection tab should only for items you recieved from quests, not WB and such.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a fantastic idea and there are several ways it could be done, all within scope of what's already in game.

I think the most balanced way to implement it would be as special furnishings which automatically get added to your Collections the same time the unique gear is awarded. This would give us a nice assortment of weapons, shields, etc that are just furnishings that can be hung in our homes like trophies of our adventures. Each one could have the same flavor text as the actual weapon or armor that was given while questing.

This concept makes me think of a very old, favorite game of mine... the original Tie Fighter game. It was very different than this one, being a flight sim, but it had a fun mechanic of keeping trophies for you in this manner for each mission you completed will all orders achieved. You had a room in-game which started off bare but started looking amazing as you filled it up. There was even a medal case you could zoom in on to see all of the special medallions you were awarded. Many games are fun, but it's the little touches like this that make them truly memorable.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think we would get so many people agreeing, I hope someone from ZOS see's this then.
    Ertosi wrote: »
    It's a fantastic idea and there are several ways it could be done, all within scope of what's already in game.

I think the most balanced way to implement it would be as special furnishings which automatically get added to your Collections the same time the unique gear is awarded. This would give us a nice assortment of weapons, shields, etc that are just furnishings that can be hung in our homes like trophies of our adventures. Each one could have the same flavor text as the actual weapon or armor that was given while questing.

This concept makes me think of a very old, favorite game of mine... the original Tie Fighter game. It was very different than this one, being a flight sim, but it had a fun mechanic of keeping trophies for you in this manner for each mission you completed will all orders achieved. You had a room in-game which started off bare but started looking amazing as you filled it up. There was even a medal case you could zoom in on to see all of the special medallions you were awarded. Many games are fun, but it's the little touches like this that make them truly memorable.

I also agree with this, it would be nice to put items from quests in our house, and have manquins with armor.