The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Non understandable mechanics

Ancalag
Ancalag
✭✭
Hello, I post this here, because in my opinion, it's more like a bug than a coded mechanism, and it should be fixed.

I play tank in end endgame. The job isn't the easiest, I often listen people saying "that or that donjon is a tank donjon", because if the tank doesn't know what to do, he will died and all the group will died instantly just after. And I will not talk about the argonian nerf, that will make my job harder. But I like it ! I love experiment and learn what is the best thing to do.

The fact is, there is 2 mechanism that are not understandable, not realistic and/or not interesting. If a ZOS develloper comes here, I hope he will take a look on it.

First one is roll dodge. Why when I roll dodge, my position isn't updated until the end of the animation ? I'm using it to dodge and to be able to move faster far away of a deadly aoe. But the fact is, if I run with speed buff, I'm sometimes not able to go out in time, and if I roll dodge, I can reached out of the instakill zone, but I died (and it's not due to my connection). It means sometimes when I have a bad rng, I know I will died and make the group wipe and I cannot do anything. It's really frustrating.

Second one is that when I'm perma-blocking, if I switch my weapon, I will lose my block during some frames. And it happens many times, I have to use a skill on my other bar and I switch at the same time than the boss heavy attack me and I will died even if I was blocking...

I don't know if these are known issues, but I found nothing about that on the forum and I think it's interresting to speak a little about that.

Peace !
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The roll dodge animation vs where your position actually is in relation to the damage is the biggest cause of me and my friends yelling "I was out of that!" during boss fights as we die from an AOE. Very frustrating. But as far as I know, its working as intended.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 19, 2019 2:19PM
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It´s known that if you weaponswap while blocking, block gets drop for a splitsecond, maybe 0.5.
    Get more familiar with fights and u know when to switch. Its not a bug.
    Edited by actosh on January 19, 2019 2:17PM