Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New player looking for a new main game

Frekkeste
Frekkeste
Soul Shriven
Hey!

As title says, looking for a new main mmo. is ESO it?
I already got the imperial edition from launch:D but didnt play much after that.
EU located

Also if there is any new players reading this, why not join together and learn this amazing looking game?:)

Thanks in advance!

• JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion ESO is an amazing MMORPG, I love the combat i don't think I could ever go back to a point and click mmo, the lore, the story is great, Open world and battleground PVP, the content is updated regularly. Sure, like every MMO it has its bugs here and there and some small balance issue they are working on constantly. But overall its a pretty amazing game, great community, and especially if you like the ESO lore. Also with the new chapter coming they are bringing dragons and a necromancer class.
    Edited by JadonSky on January 16, 2019 8:15PM
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! ESO is a great MMO, and it is just in time to start! We already have an ocean of amazing content, and more is on the way! Not a new player, but I will be glad to help! PC EU @MaximilianLares I can craft all you need and give some advices. Ask any questions any time!
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am puzzled. Are you looking for an MMO game? I thought you were going to ask if you should get ESO, but it seems you already have it and want to play it. So what is the question you are asking? Are you asking if you should get more heavily involved and buy more stuff?

Not sure what you want as a reply.

Anyways, welcome aboard, I love the game as a single player experience here in N/A both on Xbox and PC. Sadly we will never meet up unless one of us crosses over. :p I hope you have a great time and also say what platform you are on as well. Can't join you if we are on different platforms. :)
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need any help or just want someone to quest with you can add me in-game @KnightsMentor :)
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Frekkeste
    Frekkeste
    Soul Shriven
    Davor wrote: »
    I am puzzled. Are you looking for an MMO game? I thought you were going to ask if you should get ESO, but it seems you already have it and want to play it. So what is the question you are asking? Are you asking if you should get more heavily involved and buy more stuff?

Not sure what you want as a reply.

Anyways, welcome aboard, I love the game as a single player experience here in N/A both on Xbox and PC. Sadly we will never meet up unless one of us crosses over. :p I hope you have a great time and also say what platform you are on as well. Can't join you if we are on different platforms. :)

Hot agree. a bad formulated "question" but yea i think you answear is good! thanks for the reply:)
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget to join Daggerfall Covenant alliance.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you haven't really gotten fully in to the game, and I guess you'd like honest thoughts, be it positive and/or negative. So let me pitch in a bit:

ESO is a good MMO videogame. It has a good amount of positives, a fair bit of negatives but is ultimately an enjoyable game to dive in to.

The positives: The crafting in the game is probably one of the more enjoyable and refined crafting systems in any kind of MMO. In fact one could say you can essentially make a character who's sole purpose is to craft, as your crafting level isn't directly dependant on your character level.
    The gameplay is quite nice, as you don't have tab-targeting in order to attack enemies.
    Characters are quite freeform with how you can make them, so you can be a healer, tank or DPS just a reroll away on one character.

The negatives: The outer world is not known to be very challenging, as a good amount of stuff can be soloed. Except world bosses, those are not so easily soloed.
    End-game PvE is a hot load of garbage, as there are a far many variables to keep track if to "Really" be considered acceptable. And many people I encountered are really unhelpful about it (Always repeating "Practice, you must" like a broken Yoda record). The freeform character development does NOT do any favors to the fine-tuned PvE mechanics, as you can end up with people who melt bosses with one single ability, that end up outdamaging people playing piano with their abilities.

PvP is a hot load of garbage. Same as above, only worse as other players that somehow rolled sixes on their dice in terms of gear, turn you inside out in mere seconds, with no amount of defenses being able to save you.
    All new content is locked behind paywalls. No, the whole "It is B2P so it's okay" is NOT a good defense. People who don't want to commit with a subscription are essentially crippled for being "Non-paying plebs". It stinks.
    The game is really reliant on having a subscription to get all the good stuff unlocked. The content packs, and the crafting bag.

Overall: It is a well and fine videogame, but there are niggles that really devalue the game.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice:

Roll a character in each class.
    Research Traits for Crafting
    Level your riding skill on each character each day
    Do focus on getting one character to CP160, but do so by just playing the game and questing, not power leveling
    Avoid the Forums, or take what you read with a grain of salt
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Frekkeste
    Frekkeste
    Soul Shriven
    If any new people see this, im making a guild with a friend! Ebonheart pact EU PC:)
    Join us if you like, learning the game together!!
    Thanks guys for the reply’s here, making me join into ESO:)
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome! Enjoy and immerse yourself in the beautiful scenery and storylines. Don't feel like you have to grind levels and champion points when you get there. Get a feel for your playstyle and make adjustments as you learn. Be social and try to find some good folks you can run and learn from! Enjoy!

psst.. one small piece of advice is to start researching items at crafting stations now ;) .
    Edited by Odovacar on January 18, 2019 2:12PM
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    My advice:

Roll a character in each class.
    Research Traits for Crafting
    Level your riding skill on each character each day
    Do focus on getting one character to CP160, but do so by just playing the game and questing, not power leveling
    Avoid the Forums, or take what you read with a grain of salt

I couldn't have said it better myself.
    /thumbsup
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frekkeste wrote: »
    Hey!

As title says, looking for a new main mmo. is ESO it?
    I already got the imperial edition from launch:D but didnt play much after that.
    EU located

Also if there is any new players reading this, why not join together and learn this amazing looking game?:)

Thanks in advance!

It all depends on what you look for in a game.

For myself, I've been playing MMOs since the EQ days, so my needs at this point tend to have shifted. I like depth. Lore, actually compelling storylines in quests, crafting, freedom in exploration..stuff like that. I don't raid. For my needs, ESO hits all the markers in spades.

I'd say go on a tour of the game and see if it grabs you.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams