The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Speed Kills Wardless Sorc Build Video

Speed_Kills
Speed_Kills
✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/pxui7PctACA

The Build Video for my wardless sorc. Enjoy!
Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
+11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people don’t know you, the title could be pretty confusing. Lol. Nice build nonetheless

Drizzt
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like it!
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    You are the man...

When I see you doing some 1vx I just like to wach on close distance
  • blindy107
    blindy107
    ✭✭
    Love it. Thanks for sharing!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for all of the positive comments!

• Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always fun fighting you in BGs, strong build!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like a viable non-cp solo build.

CP tree + Argonian passives are making this build work....also they make work other dozen non killable builds. Really don't understand why players play CP campaigns.

Ward is a strong skill, but useless in CP campaign as it is amplified only by one CP star while healing is amplified by 4+ stars. Also there are bad balance attempts by Zos to allow Oblivion damage go under Shields.
    Edited by Didgerion on January 16, 2019 9:45AM
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Didgerion lol. Thanks for that insight. I’m not sure why but I always thought ward was much weaker in nocp due to loss of 20% health, mag, and a 25% scaling cp passive (healing passives are 15%). Thanks for setting me straight...

You know what? Just for you, I’ll be soloing in No-cp this afternoon:) hopefully my argonian passives will Work overtime to carry me through without cp.
    Edited by Speed_Kills on January 16, 2019 3:41PM

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm this is a very very solid build. I've encountered it many times in Cyrodiil. I always expect a MagSorc to be pretty hard hitting but what is different about this build is that it is surprisingly tanky. Hats off to making a solid MagSorc build despite everyone freaking out about the class.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Didgerion lol. Thanks for that insight. I’m not sure why but I always thought ward was much weaker in nocp due to loss of 20% health, mag, and a 25% scaling cp passive (healing passives are 15%). Thanks for setting me straight...

You know what? Just for you, I’ll be soloing in No-cp this afternoon:) hopefully my argonian passives will Work overtime to carry me through without cp.

Shield is weaker in non CP but so is the damage.
    It keeps up with most of the damage out there.

Looking forward to meet you on the field!
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now show some action with this build.
    Can't say how good it is without any proof from the battlefield.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Gargath Go to my YouTube or twitch and you can watch it in action. Didn’t want to make the video any longer

https://youtu.be/nEeDzi9KNAg

This is an older video but putting together another... just trying to find the time to go through clips
    Edited by Speed_Kills on January 16, 2019 9:25PM

• mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting build. trans is a great set. no doubt.

do you feel that the blessing heal outperforms having hardened ward?
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @mursie In outnumbered situations, this build can go offensive instead of just spamming ward to survive. I only have to use blessing when pressured hard... in most fights hots and block/dodge are enough to keep my health up.

I think my next info video will be “why wardless?” and I’ll discuss the benefits of the playstyle
    Edited by Speed_Kills on January 17, 2019 12:34AM

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any BG experience?

I can't help think that the build is viable because of excellent positioning by the user (aka, you can't just pick up the build and do well)

I'm looking and thinking it's an insanely high skill ceiling build
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice

Do you have stamsorc build?
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht yes Ive done alot of bgs on the build. Its in high MMR bracket and Ive had games where I am top damage and heals for all 3 teams. If im looking to go for damage i swap bloodspawn for skoria in nocp and use double dot poisons to proc it along with reach dot, boundless, and db.

@morgul667 I do have a stamsorc build. You can find it on my twitch when im streaming !stamsorc.
    I will try and do a build guide for each class, but they take alot of time and I like them to be pretty well organized.

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any BG experience?

I can't help think that the build is viable because of excellent positioning by the user (aka, you can't just pick up the build and do well)

I'm looking and thinking it's an insanely high skill ceiling build

I agree. Sorc is so messed up at this point, it takes a lot to overcome all of the limitations. My sorc has had the same skill bars for basically 3+ years. The shield, overload and other changes have made that even worse because there is no way to get any flexibility. I've been rotating through the same old sets too, with recent changes making my viable set options even smaller.

Sort of killed the fun for me. I'm mostly playing Templar now because there are more options for build and play style.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Speed_Kills impressive, I doubt many have the skill to run your build

@katorga I agree personally, I don't see any reason for myself to use a mag sorc DD
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this build still going to work out with the changes to the lizard people race?
  • LaurenIsAwkward
    LaurenIsAwkward
    ✭✭✭
    I dusted off my sorc a few days ago and it does fine, no idea why people continue to whine about it. Definitely gonna try a setup like this because I hate wards.
    Laelwen - AD Bosmer Stam Sorc (Main) AR 27
    Graça - AD Stam Templar (Former Main) AR 19
    Lauren the Dark - AD Nord Stam Nightblade AR 15
    (and a bunch of others)

@Violet_Sunrise PC NA AD
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @minalan yes will be fine!

May look to another race though, haven’t decided yet. There are a lot of things to gain from races next patch, it is very exciting!
    Edited by Speed_Kills on January 17, 2019 10:59PM

• Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht I think I mentioned in the video that it is not easy to play. High skill cap, but very rewarding once you master it.

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht yes Ive done alot of bgs on the build. Its in high MMR bracket and Ive had games where I am top damage and heals for all 3 teams. If im looking to go for damage i swap bloodspawn for skoria in nocp and use double dot poisons to proc it along with reach dot, boundless, and db.

@morgul667 I do have a stamsorc build. You can find it on my twitch when im streaming !stamsorc.
    I will try and do a build guide for each class, but they take alot of time and I like them to be pretty well organized.

nice thanks

could you share the link with your stream ? looked for it but could not find it

Im really interested in your stamsorc build
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Morgul667 twitch.tv/speed_kills_twitch

• Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think my next info video will be “why wardless?” and I’ll discuss the benefits of the playstyle

That's actually what I was going to ask. Imho you need to cover 2 questions:

1) Why not to use hardened ward in addition to all defences on this build? You already invested into impen, having boundless sloted + CP into crit resist, even hardened ward alone offers so much defence... Is that only because low max mag => low ward tooltip, or something else?

I'm not talking about shield stacking here, just using a ward to protect your health from big bursts, while you reposition. All you have to invest into is one skill slot, that's not a lot, right?

2) How this build compares to ward-based builds in terms of dmg? Right now you can run something like spell strat, bright throat, engine/bloodspawn, and alessia's bulwark back bar, with all dmg glyphs, some 3stat enchants, and have comparable sustain, 13k ward with 22-28k+ resists (both, 28k with bloodspawn proced), but much much higher dmg. It's hard to screen tooltips with spell strat to prove and compare though....

As far as I understand it's all about the play style change, with high dmg builds you ward and kite, with your build you HoT and fight. But the point here is that both kite and ward aspects have been buffed in murkmire. Sorc mobility is buffed (swiftatoes + speed pots users nerfed nerfed, few people run gap closers rn, streak viable again as the best mobility tool in game on par with cloak), wards buffed (you can run only hardened + heal, without shield stacking, having to turn into full defence when pressured).
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Morgul667 twitch.tv/speed_kills_twitch

Thanks

Appreciate it
  • blindy107
    blindy107
    ✭✭
    Would be cool to get one-bar pets some day. Moar healz!

I’m also curious about your thoughts on what @Neloth mentions here re using one shield and the large heals under that layer.

I’m not a sorc pro by any means but I run one shield and a heal with pretty high resistances from monster sets. I DO find myself using Resto Ult more often than I would like though...hah
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Neloth @blindy107 Thing about shields..... I play outnumbered 100% of my time in cyrodiil. If I block, shield takes full damage, one gcd and it’s gone in those scenarios and my health gets chunked. If I block cast a heal, I take minimal damage and keep my health high. Block casting the heal has lots of synergy too.... reduced cost after blocking, guaranteed crit if 3 projectiles blocked..... full defile (major, minor, and cp) situations are the only time ward would outperform heals for my playstyle. Even then, you can’t think of blessing of restoration in a bubble. I have lots of other passive heals as well as crit surge and rapid regen ticking.... by investing in healing as opposed to shields, I also get more heals from all sources. From my experience, these ticks benefit enough to compete with the increased size of hardened ward. On another note, when I 2vx or small scale, I can’t help but think that my teammate(s) appreciate me saving them with an aoe heal instead of spamming a single target ward when we get bursted.

One more thing, I see shielding sorcs struggling to recover from execute range these days with the removal of healing ward insta heal. That’s a death sentence in outnumbered situations or even 1v1 vs a competent player. The damage hike from execute range is insane and if you get there with no way to effectively get out (unless you have resto ult up) then you can usually count that as a death on a ward build. This build has the tools to get low and recover quickly.

On damage... yes warding builds may have higher offensive stats on paper. I assure you, however, the offensive of power is very high on this build. A lot of the pressure comes from playstyle. While a warding sorc easily gets interrupted with constantly having to shield(or melt), this build has strong heals popping off constantly without having to interrupt burst windows with ward spam. In most situations, I don’t even have to use blessings, it’s there for emergencies. My hots keep me topped off on hp and I’m able to be offensive for longer windows. This is very noticeable when fighting other sorcs when I’m able to stay offensive.... literally until my buffs wear off (~15s) while they are playing defense the entire time and get off a rare burst here and there.
    Edited by Speed_Kills on January 19, 2019 4:18PM