The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So, about the Collector's Edition

Saphayla
Saphayla
✭✭✭
I'm typically quite stingy with my money, and it takes me months (sometimes as much as 2 years, even) to decide to buy any games. However, since the Khajiit are the best thing to ever happen to The Elder Scrolls, I'm considering not only pre-purchasing (which would be a first for me, never pre-purchased anything), but even getting the Collector's Edition. Before I do, however, I have a few questions.

1. What true purpose do the Collector's Edition items have? For those of you who purchased the CEs for Morrowind and/or Summerset, did you actually use the things you got on a regular basis, or did you just check them out when you got them, thought "Cool!" and never touched them again?
2. Is it possible to somehow transfer collectibles between accounts? I purchased ESO on Steam and have quite a lot of stuff there (cosmetics, mementos, DLCs), but because Steam tends to *** with ESO and prevent me from playing for no good reason, I was considering buying the Full Edition instead of the Upgrade and moving away from Steam, but losing all the things I've purchased would be kind of a bummer.
3. Do you like the Khajiit?
  • Saphayla
    Saphayla
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and here's another question:

4. The biggest selling point for me in Pre-Ordering the Chapter is getting Morrowind and Summerset, neither of which I have yet unlocked. However, since I already have an ESO account I should get the Upgrade instead of the Full Edition, yet it seems like neither the Standard nor the Collector's Edition Upgrades feature Morrowind and Summerset. How can I approach this problem?
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno So there really is no chance of a physical edition coming ever? Can you confirm this not that i pre order and 2 week from now it is said there will be one.
    Thank you!
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In regards to your additional question (4):
    The FULL Collectors Edition (NOT the upgrade) includes Morrowind, Summerset, and the base game PLUS the Collectors Edition items from ALL THREE chapters.
    The Collectors Edition Upgrade contains ONLY the Elsweyr Collectors Edition (and pre-order) bonuses.

As to your original question, it depends on how important the things youve acquired on your Steam account are to you. If it is simply quest rewards and such, then those can always be earned again.
    If you have a number of crown only, limited time items, or account upgrades/unlocks (inventory and bank space, the assistants, special mounts etc) Then the question becomes whether or not those things are worth keeping, while continuing to struggle with the Steam related issues with regard to ESO.

All those things can be re-purchased on a new account of course, either in the crown store or by sending a ticket to support. They will allow you to buy limited time items on your new account, but you would be charged crowns for them. So the potential investment could be much greater than simply the cost of the Chapter, depending on how many items you would be intent on reacquiring.

Finally, I would do some research, and see if there is a way to disconnect your ESO account from Steam, thus solving all your problems. Then is is simply a matter of choosing whether you want all the CE bonuses from Morrowind and Summerset, or just the bonuses from Elsweyr.
    Edited by Earrindo on January 16, 2019 7:54AM
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind spider lives in one of my houses. Sometimes one of my characters takes gryphon for a walk, later he will live in her house. I like outfit style, but didn't use yet because of outfit slots. Will buy some next time they will be on sale.

Much more I like physical items, but there will be no physical CE this time...
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • Saphayla
    Saphayla
    ✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    In regards to your additional question (4):
    The FULL Collectors Edition (NOT the upgrade) includes Morrowind, Summerset, and the base game PLUS the Collectors Edition items from ALL THREE chapters.
    The Collectors Edition Upgrade contains ONLY the Elsweyr Collectors Edition (and pre-order) bonuses..
    You misunderstood me. My problem is that I want to get Elsweyr, Summerset and Morrowind all together, but that deal is only for the full editions, not the upgrades, and I can't get the full edition since I already have an account. That's the problem:

Either buy the Upgrade to get Elsweyr and keep my items, but not get Morrowind and Summerset
    Or buy the Full Edition to get Elsweyr, Morrowind and Summerset but have to start on a new account.

Meanwhile what I want is to keep my items and get Elsweyr AND Morrowind and Summerset

And I've already spent over a million gold on DLCs through gifting, have fully upgraded bank, have like 50 different crown store collectibles (only two of which are full-time things; rest are from time-restricted crown crates and such), and have close to 700 Champion Points that took hundreds of hours to get. It'd be a shame to leave all that behind.
    Edited by Saphayla on January 16, 2019 8:51AM
  • xcalibur007
    xcalibur007
    ✭✭
    I think you can apply the full edition code to your current account. I did that with physical collectors edition of morrowind and summerset when they came out.

On side note, I disappointed that there might not be a physical collectors edition for elsweyr.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you can apply the full edition code to your current account. I did that with physical collectors edition of morrowind and summerset when they came out.

On side note, I disappointed that there might not be a physical collectors edition for elsweyr.

Yes, it's possible to buy the full edition outside Steam and apply it to an existing account. That way you will keep everything, but you can leave Steam behind.
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    Found this, maybe it’ll help...

It’s a copy and paste.

“jaye63jaye63
    December 2017
    Did this myself.

Step 1
    Uninstall the game from Steam
    Step 2
    With steam COMPLETELY TURNED OFF (open task manager to make sure no steam process is running) install and update the game from your disk or directly from the ESO site
    Step 3
    Login with your current login

You are going to lose your save variable from your addons unless you copy the files and save them elsewhere so actually, doing that should be step one.

Your welcome.”

Or maybe try an easy option. Download the Launcher from the official website and using your current account see if you can login.
    Edited by Jazdia on January 17, 2019 12:05AM
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OP - what game packages exactly do you have and where did you buy those? On Steam or here?

Is your Steam account linked to your ESO account here?

I bought the base game + Morrowind on Steam and linked my Steam account to my ESO account here. A few months after that I found out that I was able to buy the same package here, and I did so.

If you bought ESO on Steam and your Steam account is linked, all your game data is safely stored outside Steam. You may have two options now:

1. If you do not own any package containing the base game here, only on Steam, you should be able to buy the full CE package here.

2. If you do own any package containing the base game here, remove ESO from your Steam Library. You won't lose any data or items. You should then be able to buy the full CE package on Steam.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got the standard edition for now.Be wary of the Khajiit horse it steals stuff. I noticed my moon sugar cookies and thrice baked gor apple pies missing from my inventory. The horse seems small like a mustang. but fast and sneaky like cat folk.

This week I finally got my Steam issues fixed with the game. It was a lot of work and trouble shooting. Needless to say it involved updating to windows 10 as well. So I am still trying to catch up on the game and what seems to be an unfamiliar OS.

I think Abnur Tharn is an idiot. Dummass let three dragons loose. Not one not two but three . I knew I should have chained him up with Mannimarco the macaroni king.

I did figure out a way to kill the Dragons or at least tie them up for a good long while. Kite them into the aggro range of the town guards.

• Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worth repeating...
    Jazdia wrote: »

It’s a copy and paste.

“jaye63jaye63
    December 2017
    Did this myself.

Step 1
    Step 2
    With steam COMPLETELY TURNED OFF (open task manager to make sure no steam process is running) install and update the game from your disk or directly from the ESO site
    Step 3

You are going to lose your save variable from your addons unless you copy the files and save them elsewhere so actually, doing that should be step one.

Your welcome.”

Or maybe try an easy option. Download the Launcher from the official website and using your current account see if you can login.

Xbox NA
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jazdia wrote: »

It’s a copy and paste.

“jaye63jaye63
    December 2017
    Did this myself.

Step 1
    Step 2
    Step 3

Your welcome.”

It won't work if you bought ESO on Steam after December 2016, since you didn't get a standalone ESO-account and don't have an account name or a password.
  • Saphayla
    Saphayla
    ✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    It won't work if you bought ESO on Steam after December 2016, since you didn't get a standalone ESO-account and don't have an account name or a password.

That's possible, since launching the game through Steam doesn't lead me to a login screen, I get logged in automatically, so there's nothing for me to type in to log in.
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    I initially bought ESO, Morrowind and Summerset on Steam along with ESO +. Last year, I bought ESO+ and the base game from the ESO store because of the Steam log in issues. I can log in with the ESO launcher and still have all my stuff from Steam since my account is still linked.