The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Free Race Change to everyone 1 per account.

• ralphylauren
    ralphylauren
    ✭✭✭
    COME ON ZOS THIS IS SOMETHING I WOULD EXPECT FROM A MOBILE MMORPG 🤮 🤦‍♂️
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    reguvin wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Does this mean no extra char slots?

We get 1 char slot with Elsweyr

I better start thinking about which character to delete for a second Necromancer. Details about racial changes will help.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 free race change token per account.

8+ characters per account. 1 new character slot available.

Yeah, I suspect someone at ZOS did the math and came up with $$$.
  • Bealeb319
    Bealeb319
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad I have 11 heros guess we will have to keep our fingers crossed they didn't butcher races
  • Jadax
    Jadax
    ✭✭
    This has got to be the worst ever racial revamp I've seen in a popular mmorpg. If you make such big changes then you as a dev need to compensate players for it. Giving us 1 racial change per account is a straight up slap on the face. Everyone knows you just want people to buy tokens for some broken *** that you should have fixed ages ago, not 5 years in. You're basically punishing users that have more than 1 character per account, so in other words the more active/'contributing to popularity of this game' user-base gets boned because you want the £££. This is a really *** move it goes through like this.

Even a game like WoW, which is notorious for monetizing everything doesn't pull this kind of bs. When they make large changes that will affect the basic functioning of classes they provide a free redo per character.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jadax wrote: »
    This has got to be the worst ever racial revamp I've seen in a popular mmorpg. If you make such big changes then you as a dev need to compensate players for it. Giving us 1 racial change per account is a straight up slap on the face. Everyone knows you just want people to buy tokens for some broken *** that you should have fixed ages ago, not 5 years in. You're basically punishing users that have more than 1 character per account, so in other words the more active/'contributing to popularity of this game' user-base gets boned because you want the £££. This is a really *** move it goes through like this.

Even a game like WoW, which is notorious for monetizing everything doesn't pull this kind of bs. When they make large changes that will affect the basic functioning of classes they provide a free redo per character.

Even a *** free-to-play, Warframe, doesn't do this ***.

When they reworked the Focus system, everything players spent in the old system, including Lenses (ways of gaining Focus Points), Focus Points, etc, were automatically refunded to players' inventories, so they didn't have to regrind for the new system.

When they reworked the Mod system, the primary way to upgrade items, they refunded everything to do with it, as those items were also used in the new system.

If a free-to-play game can do it, why can't a premium game do it? Corporate greed.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy cash grab, as expected.
    forever stuck in combat
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohtimbar wrote: »
    Sleazy cash grab, as expected.

lol, ofcourse it is
    - Beta Tester