The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

HARDMODE FOR QUEST!!

ochsinator
ochsinator
✭✭✭
ZoS please make a hard mode on quest that give better rewards it would make questing insanely more engaging and worth while for everyone.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What reward, for example?
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes pls. Overland and delve too. Make a vet and hm for all those 3. Give purple tier rewards pls.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not to pee on the parade, but other than making delves, public dungeons, and world boss battles instanced content, the only way to implement this would be voting when a boss spawns, similar to the kick feature in groups. And while it could be workable, you will be met with the flood of whining about, "I am a Level 20 and I can't finish X quest because people keep selecting hard mode," or, "I want to do hard mode, but these noobs keep voting no," or, "This group keeps trolling and voting hard mode, then leaving, ban them."
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to pee on the parade, but other than making delves, public dungeons, and world boss battles instanced content, the only way to implement this would be voting when a boss spawns, similar to the kick feature in groups. And while it could be workable, you will be met with the flood of whining about, "I am a Level 20 and I can't finish X quest because people keep selecting hard mode," or, "I want to do hard mode, but these noobs keep voting no," or, "This group keeps trolling and voting hard mode, then leaving, ban them."

Why do I suspect the bolded would happen a LOT?

• ochsinator
    ochsinator
    ✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    What reward, for example?

Extra gold, extra xp, more rare gear.
  • ochsinator
    ochsinator
    ✭✭✭

I’m talking about when solo questing being able to accept the hard mode version on the quest from the box which would make all the enemies do more damage and have more life and harder to fight like more mechanics.

• russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Were saying solo quest, delve, story and public dungeons. Not group. We want to toggle it to vet and hm for solo instances. We want to do solo quest, delve and story mission on solo vet and hm mode.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind being able to toggle on a hard mode for solo activities but there should be no added reward. The incentive should be for fun. People who for whatever reason can't or do not want to do hard mode shouldn't feel pressured to try because of better rewards.

Not all quests have a solo instance. Most in fact do not have a solo instance. That means any changes made to create hard mode would have to be made to the character and not the things you will be killing. I doubt changing mechanics even in soloed instances is really feasible at this point even if they wanted to make the change. Nerfing your characters is the only way it can happen.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Were saying solo quest, delve, story and public dungeons. Not group. We want to toggle it to vet and hm for solo instances. We want to do solo quest, delve and story mission on solo vet and hm mode.

I could be confused. Are you talking about doing delves public dungeons all by yourself? As in nobody else is in there? If so, that would work. When you said solo, I thought you were referring to general overland content. But overland/story quests is where you lose me.

There is "Group Content" and group activities, with the former being the group dungeons and trials in PVE. The latter is what I would consider solo, but you share an environment with many other players. Which is why I don't think its possible to do a hard mode overland quest, as you can come across anyone in the world, who is either doing the mission or just happens to occupy the same space at the same time.

How could you ever segregate someone doing HM Dehsaan missions versus a player doing them on normal? Especially since most players pick up multiple missions at a time and do them at their leisure. Practically speaking, if a HM player and a normal both happened upon overland quest content at the same time, such as the Deshaan quest where they are poisoning people and there are bunches of soldiers, how do you make the same adds have different health and damage values at the same time?

All I could think of is having 2 servers, one for normal overland and one for hard mode. And that is never going to happen
  • Veuth
    Veuth
    ✭✭✭
    I'd much prefer having certain bosses like Mannimarco and Molag Bal receive a huge buff because they seem really weak despite the build-up to how scary and powerful they are.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be done by allowing you to put a "hard mode" debuff on your character that makes you take more damage from everything and reduces the amount of damage you do.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure. lol

I'd in support, I mean. It's about time
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's all play naked characters and the world will be hardmode...! B)
  • sp_korshun
    sp_korshun
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, if you want hm quests just remove cp, gear, food and skills. You're welcome.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »
    Let's all play naked characters and the world will be hardmode...! B)

A guild I am in does from time to time have naked overland boss runs. They are fun. Another guild tried a no weapons Hall of Fabrication run. It was fun but we didn't get anywhere near finishing it. For New Years they did a trial where the only weapon you could equip was an ice staff. I missed that one but was told they had a good time.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."