The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elder Argonian motif dropping from dailies? I haven't gotten any pages

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Just finished my 5th set of Murkmire dailies, and received no Elder Argonian pages. Did get a Dead Water page, and a hackwing plume, but no motif pages. Has anyone gotten pages? Is the drop rate really that bad?
  • Nyxseris
    Nyxseris
    I just got one on my first daily in ages. RNG I guess.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh. Crappy RNG then. Boo.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyxseris wrote: »

You got an Elder Argonian?
    Not a Dead Water?

There is nothing in the patch notes saying they are dropping yet that I can find.
    Edited by Katahdin on January 16, 2019 8:42PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Elder A chapters are dropping!
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1 page out of 3 drops
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

Not a Dead Water?

There is nothing in the patch notes saying they are dropping yet that I can find.

It's in the Announcements
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When Elder ARgonian was announced in the Crown STore this month, the text specifically says it will also drop from Murkmire Dailies. I did get a hackwing plume (style mat) which wasn't in the crates before. Just haven't gotten an EA motif yet.
  • blackdragons27

Not a Dead Water?

Its in the crown store showcase

"The Elder Argonian Crown Crafting Motif will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms starting on January 16. Please note that the pages and book for this Crafting Motif will also have a chance to drop from the Murkmire Daily Quest Reward Boxes starting on January 16 at 10am EST."
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not a Dead Water?

January 16th at 10am EST was stated as part of January Crown Store Showcase back on January 2nd. You can either buy from Crown Store or farm from Murkmire dailies.
  • Nyxseris
    Nyxseris

Not a Dead Water?

Yep, Definitely Elder Argonian.
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I did get two chapters out of eight toons. They are dropping just normal rng.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 drops after 20+ daily's,a friend got 1 after 15
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I saved over 50+ boxes beforehand and got like 5 EA motifs.

RNG is evil
    Argonian forever
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

RNG is evil

It's been a long time since previously acquired reward containers dropped a newly introduced item. I think you wasted your time.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »

RNG is evil

It's been a long time since previously acquired reward containers dropped a newly introduced item. I think you wasted your time.

I did the same. They still dropped them as long as you didn't open them before today
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »

RNG is evil

Oh it worked. I hadn't done any of the dailies today so these were all boxes from pre EA motif release.
    Argonian forever
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Glad those previously acquired containers worked out for you :) That was unexpected.

As for me... three runs and I'm done. I can't spend hours grinding out yet another fourteen pages of a motif. Sold the one I had for silly price and bought the book from the Crown Store.

• Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    It's sale on crown store i guess.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spending 4k for a CS item,for motif pages who are going to sell for 2-3k gold (at best) in a few weeks isnt worth it imo
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA